Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA and Take-Two Financials

EA Announces a New CFO and releases its Q1 results for fiscal year 2013, showing slightly lower than expected losses on USD $201 million in earnings. Take-Two reports their results as well showing losses on weaker than expected sales of Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops: The Line, though optimistic word from their post-earnings (losses) conference call says that Borderlands 2 is the "third most pre-ordered game in Take Two history (behind two GTA games)." MarketWatch offers some analysis of the news.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Aug 1, 2012, 00:12 Jerykk

I wouldn't describe Bioshock as completely linear and scripted. It had hub-based levels where you could explore in a non-linear fashion but if you wanted to progress, you needed to perform certain tasks to gain access to new areas.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Jul 31, 2012, 23:16 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:40:
Not surprised about MP3 and Spec Ops selling less than expected. I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are getting tired of completely linear and scripted shooters. I expect Metro: Last Light will sell below expectations as well. Same with Homefront 2.

I hope not. I mean sure get tired all you want of mindless "action" games like CoD and BF3's singleplayers but I wouldn't want to see the Half-Lifes, Bioshocks, and Max Paynes disappear. If something has a story to tell in an interesting world (I know I'm stretching it for MP) I want to experience it. I kind of think of them as Adventure games but with a different perspective and gun... Penumbra is right inbetween.

3. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Jul 31, 2012, 22:53 Elim

And it can't happen fast enough. I'm sick of watered down clone games with different art assets.  

2. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Jul 31, 2012, 22:40 Jerykk

Not surprised about MP3 and Spec Ops selling less than expected. I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are getting tired of completely linear and scripted shooters. I expect Metro: Last Light will sell below expectations as well. Same with Homefront 2.  

1. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Jul 31, 2012, 22:33 ASeven

Step by step, the industry happily walks towards the abyss.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo