Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent

Some tweets from John Smedley indicate that beta testing for PlanetSide 2 will commence soon, perhaps as soon as Friday or Monday. He notes that they were shooting for launching testing for the MMOFPS sequel yesterday or today, "but we have some stuff we need to make sure is awesome," and that "the team is working like crazy but we need to polish some stuff and test it before we let in a massive # of people." Thanks VG247.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 22:58 ColoradoHoudini

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 16:10:
I can't believe how many of you fuckers are in the technical test atm. You realize of course I'm going to shoot you all in the face once I'm in.

If I WAS in it.. could I talk about it now that it's over? Or could I just make stuff up here and say it's all made up and then talk away?None of you would care..right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 18:34 space captain

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 16:57:
It annoys me that I signed up for the beta on the official website as soon as it went live and yet they'd rather give out keys using social marketing sites like Twitter.

its like some kind of gambling game.. im trying to retweet that shit right now

edit: yeh apparently you gotta catch that shit within minutes

Go forth, and kill!

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 17:02 yuastnav

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 16:57:
It annoys me that I signed up for the beta on the official website as soon as it went live and yet they'd rather give out keys using social marketing sites like Twitter.

I second that sentiment.

Retweeting within 15 seconds while the person has "only" about 700 to 800 followers is apparently to slow. I don't know whether I should have expected that.

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 16:57 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 16:35 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 16:10:
I can't believe how many of you fuckers are in the technical test atm. You realize of course I'm going to shoot you all in the face once I'm in.

No one is in it at the moment, it shut down last week until beta starts.

But once beta begins, bring it on.

23. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 16:18 SpectralMeat

This was just posted on Twitter:
"Here are some people who can get you keys: @lulu_please, @navsturr, @TedyKGB. Those guys all have a few hundred keys ready to go!"

Good luck

Steam: SpectralMeat

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 16:10 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 15:51 ColoradoHoudini

From what I'm hearing..ahem...
there are a lot of clipping/rendering problems and a good amount of people that couldn't even play the game due to a ntdll.dll issue that hosed up stuff with AV clients.

Otherwise, I heard it's very fun.. ahem.

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 15:35 Cutter

Much like Castor Troy...I'm ready for the big ride, baby! .

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 15:06 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 15:00:
Right now there is just a technical test, then they will do a very early beta in several waves then slowly ramp that up. They've been pretty transparent about the whole process and have warned people that the netcode is extremely alpha and many things are still changing daily.

Yeah, that test could hardly be called beta. There were some builds that were barely playable, and it was more focus testing than general testing.

It was still a ton of fun though.

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 15:00 Verno

Right now there is just a technical test, then they will do a very early beta in several waves then slowly ramp that up. They've been pretty transparent about the whole process and have warned people that the netcode is extremely alpha and many things are still changing daily.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 14:55 Veterator

According to people in the beta, there's a lot of disabled and non-added things. It's not even quite to the level of PS1 yet judging by their comments.

So.......this is probably a late alpha, early beta. Where they are disabling/removing things to try to narrow down issues.

Im a former sub, and I haven't gotten an invite yet. Although my sub was a number of years ago, so if they go chronological it might be awhile.

And I've been avoiding buying other games so I can play this, getting a bit irritated by the hype and wait at this point. SOE doesn't seem to have changed it's strategy on their releases in all these years, and that's not good.

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 14:39 Keith

I played PS for quite some time. Loved the battles, upgrades, etc. Hopefully PS2 will recapture the fun. I joined the twitter brigade, but haven't received squat. I can wait until the open beta though, as I have MWO, WoT, and now Bullet Run to keep me entertained for a bit.  

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 14:38 RailWizard

hmm which beta is this? Beta been running for some time now...

Not all game systems have been tested, so I'm guessing it's not open beta, yet.

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 14:29 The Half Elf

Well I'm just gonna beg here, if anyone gets a key they don't want/need please just email me through Blue's, and I'll gladly find it a nice home  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 13:54 SpectralMeat

I got my beta key from Matthew Higby @mhigby , but the more Planetside 2 twitter accounts you follow the better chances you get at scoring a key.  

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 13:49 yuastnav

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:25:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:19:
I don't even have a beta key. :/
They are giving them away 100~150 at a time on Twitter. That's how I got mine, and it required barely anything from me as far as effort goes.

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

I don't think the chances are very high, however. I don't check for new tweets very often and since I'm in central Europe chances are that I won't be at my computer when the keys are given away.

I guess I should look for a proper Linux client for twitter (since qwit is crashing, for some reason). [edit: well nvm, the incredibly old debian stable client crashes, the newest version (aug 2010) does not.]

In any case, which tiwtter account do I have to bug about this? The onw mentioned in the post or the one called planetside2? I presume the latter.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2012, 13:54.

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 13:27 Steele Johnson

I hope my pc can handle it. Building a new one this fall.  

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 12:20 Mikus_Aurelius

I don't think the priority keys are being let in this week anyway. They said that they're starting beta with current PS1 subscribers, then former PS1 subscribers, then the keys, then everyone else.  

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Imminent Jul 31, 2012, 11:43 SpectralMeat

They give them away on Twitter you don't have to bug them at all. They post a message like "retweet this message to get a beta key, first 100 retweet gets it" and if you were quick enough and saw the message and managed to retweet it they will send you the key.

If you've missed out on it then you can try and message them to see if there are more keys available and what not. I just retweeted their message and 2 minutes later I got my beta key. It took literally 3 minutes and 2 mouse clicks.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo