Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor

This tweet from Sergey Galyonkin, marketing director at 1C Multimedia and this blog post have sparked rumors that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is in development at Bethesda Softworks after development of the first-person shooter sequel was frozen following trouble at developer GSC Game World. The Steam Forums (thanks PlayStation Universe) has a translation:

The following info is from a reliable source but isn't official, keep that in mind.

Sergey Grigorovich didn't sell the brand name "STALKER".

Bethesda is going to publish a STALKER game and has all the rights to it.

The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology.

It's being made by a studio familiar with that technology(possibly Obisidian or the Fallout 3 team from Bethesda, but no facts as of yet). It is almost 100% guaranteed that it's not a Ukrainian studio.

Bethesda will be able to buy the brand name from Grigorovich later, but for now all the misc. merchandise is his responsibility.

Release date, engine, detailes - TBA.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

15. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 12:20 Marvin T. Martian

MajorD wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 10:52:
The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology. Never a good sign; the franchise is doomed now. So sad.

Agree,multi is just not good. Case in point, Skyrim. Don't get me wrong I have put many hrs in the game, but some of the shortcomings and problems with game are direct result of multi-platform design. Not to mention Xbox only dlc. And let's hope they remember that it's a FPS!
As to the franchise being ruined-it is skewed that way now but I'll wait and see as the release date come closer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:40 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:13:
They don't have the greatest writers in the world, no, but if certain individuals around here are to be believed, Bethesda can't write a single sentence to save its life... :|

I've never seen anyone make that claim. Bethesda hasn't written a decent storyline in awhile (the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is the last decent example I can think of). And there are definitely companies that do stories better.

I have a hard time believing that Bethesda could pull off the feel of a STALKER game. But it's possible. I'd really rather the used a different engine tho', they'd really need one that's better at strict FPS than what they've been using.

13. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:39 Matshock

At least it wasn't Gearbox!

Bethesda- if you're reading this, three things:

1. Difficult to navigate maps are a good thing.

2. Scripting should be kept to a bare minimum.

3. Bullets don't travel in a straight line.

...if you can manage those three, then you might have a chance.

12. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:37 PHJF

Who gives a shit about the writing? It was STALKER. The plot was just an excuse to get out there and hunt down some artifacts. I just doubt Bethesda could pull off even half the atmosphere STALKER shipped with.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

11. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:05:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:00:
Oh God, queue the 100 posts whining about Bethesda "raping games" and "having horrible writers" etc etc etc.

I get what you mean but to be fair I wouldn't exactly say that writing quality is their strong suit either

They don't have the greatest writers in the world, no, but if certain individuals around here are to be believed, Bethesda can't write a single sentence to save its life...

Creston

10. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:13 Techie714

Oh God, queue the 100 posts whining about Bethesda "raping games" and "having horrible writers" etc etc etc.

Creston

LOL, you read my mind. Yea this IP is dommed....

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:11 vrok

Stalker + console Bethesda tech.

I never asked for this.

8. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:06 RollinThundr

Hope it's true and not using Gamebryo. The Stalker games were fantastic although lacking polish. It'd be interesting to see what the fallout team or the boys over at Obsidian can do with the IP as long as they're given time to do it right, I'm looking at you Obsidian.  

7. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:05 Verno

I get what you mean but to be fair I wouldn't exactly say that writing quality is their strong suit either

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

6. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:01 Kajetan

But, but ... it's true!

5. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:00 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 10:59 Parallax Abstraction

NKD wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 10:58:
I don't mind multiplatform, but more Gamebryo shit? Damn.

You mean the "all new in-house made Creation Engine"?

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 10:58 NKD

I don't mind multiplatform, but more Gamebryo shit? Damn.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 10:55 Verno

Man I'd be concerned about the level of jank (technical and combat engine related) in a Stalker meets Bethesda scenario. It would be interesting as hell though, shame to see that series fall by the wayside.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

1. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 10:52 MajorD

The game is multiplatform(consoles+PC) and is based on Bethesda technology. Never a good sign; the franchise is doomed now. So sad.

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo