Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

The Bohemia Interactive Store now offers sales of the Army of the Czech Republic DLC for Arma 2, BIS's military shooter sequel. This is the only place to get this for now, but this will show up on Steam in mid-August. Here's the deal:

The stunning new DLC features a variety of authentically modeled units and vehicles together with detailed environments, demonstrating the various roles and deployments of modern Czech Armed Forces across different theatres of war. All brought together in an exciting and engaging new singleplayer campaign as well as a number of standalone singleplayer and multiplayer scenarios.

View
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 18:21 D4rkKnight

It's essentially the same game from OP: Flash to Arma as far as the controls/interface goes. I don't see how you can hate one and love the other for that.

Arma has a phenomenal strategy-multiplayer mode where armies vie for control of an island. You can build defenses, buy any vehicles, and control your own small army along with others in the game. Once I learned how, I was positioning tanks/men and sending supply trucks all over the map while I flew my helicopter over hotzones and unloaded rockets into the enemy positions. Nothing else can offer this and it actually works very well - I had a ton of fun back when it came out.

Haven't tried Dayz yet because it was hard enough with my own small army - going alone? That sounds almost torturous.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 31, 02:11 Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC JohnBirshire
  2. Jul 31, 02:42  Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jago
  4. Jul 31, 06:15   Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC SpectralMeat
  3. Jul 31, 04:05  Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Doma
  6. Jul 31, 10:12  Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jedi Master
  7. Jul 31, 13:14  Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Teddy
  8. Jul 31, 14:40   Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Ben
  9. Jul 31, 15:36    Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Teddy
  10. Jul 31, 16:02     Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Muscular Beaver
  5. Jul 31, 09:00 Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Techie714
>> 11. Jul 31, 18:21 Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC D4rkKnight

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo