Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 30, 2012, 07:53 deadearth

Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 00:17:

Maybe their deal with MS prohibits them from announcing the DLC for PS3/PC until 60 days after the Xbox release.

Wouldn't that make it a 60 day exclusivity period then?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 30, 2012, 00:17 Jerykk

necrosis wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 23:16:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 03:57:
30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31. The whole internet seems to think that's the case, but it never is. It will come soon I am sure, and there is no reason for them to detail everything to the media on day 31.
But you would expect them to say SOMETHING by now and so far not a peep.

Maybe their deal with MS prohibits them from announcing the DLC for PS3/PC until 60 days after the Xbox release.

27. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 23:16 necrosis

30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31. The whole internet seems to think that's the case, but it never is. It will come soon I am sure, and there is no reason for them to detail everything to the media on day 31.
But you would expect them to say SOMETHING by now and so far not a peep.

26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 20:30 Kastagir

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 18:21:
Okay then the easy questions is... "What is Bethesda saying about a PC release for Dawnguard?"

Nothing.

25. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 18:21 HorrorScope

Okay then the easy questions is... "What is Bethesda saying about a PC release for Dawnguard?"  

24. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 14:16 Kastagir

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 03:13:

Huh?

Its not on the ps3 yet or the pc because its an xbox timed exlusive....nothing to clear up.

30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31.

You're both missing the point. I'm referring to this quote:

"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I'd tell you," Bethesda vice president of marketing Pete Hines wrote.

According to this, we (as yet) have no reason to expect a PC/PS3 release of Dawnguard. Ever. That is what should be cleared up.

23. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 04:28 Dev

30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31. The whole internet seems to think that's the case, but it never is. It will come soon I am sure
No, but it COULD have been the case if beth had planned it out that way.

22. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 03:57 StingingVelvet

Kastagir wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 02:57:
It's all conjecture, but the best reason for the delay I've seen suggested is that they're having problems porting it to the PS3. From what I gather, the 1.6 update still hasn't made it to the PS3 and 1.7 is now in beta. Why this should hold up the PC version, I don't know. And I can't get behind the silent treatment from Bethesda. Where things stand now, there's no guarantee that Dawnguard (or the next DLC, for that matter) is expected on the PC. That is something Bethesda needs to clear up.

As for Skyrim and the DLC, I am eager to play it. I thought Skyrim was pretty amazing, a great turnaround after Oblivion. That said I go back overseas in 32 days and probably won't fit the DLC in before then, even if it does come out soon.

21. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 03:13 dj LiTh

Kastagir wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 02:57:
It's all conjecture, but the best reason for the delay I've seen suggested is that they're having problems porting it to the PS3. From what I gather, the 1.6 update still hasn't made it to the PS3 and 1.7 is now in beta. Why this should hold up the PC version, I don't know. And I can't get behind the silent treatment from Bethesda. Where things stand now, there's no guarantee that Dawnguard (or the next DLC, for that matter) is expected on the PC. That is something Bethesda needs to clear up.

Huh?

Its not on the ps3 yet or the pc because its an xbox timed exlusive....nothing to clear up.

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 02:57 Kastagir

19. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 02:43 dj LiTh

I have a weird relationship /w skyrim, i loved it...infact i loved it so much i wanted to stop playing it before i finished the main quest and wait for mods to really flesh out the game world. I'll be picking up dawnguard after maybe a patch or three come out for it, and some more user mods helping it along.

My experience /w morrowind was pretty good, but with mods was one of my most favorite gaming moments, i want that experience with skyrim. So i popped open the bottle, smelt the cap, swirled it around a glass. Took a light sip, now i'm just letting it breath to bring out the full experience.

18. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 00:15 Dades

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 20:43:
Most of the bad reviews for Dawnguard seem to be people who got mad that it wasn't the size of Shivering Isles. So what I'm getting out of that is that people think it's too short, not that they think it's necessarily bad.

I don't know what reviews you're reading, most of the ones I've read say that the vampire mechanics aren't well implemented and that the quests themselves are boring. In fact the length is one of the least mentioned issues from the bunch I checked out on metacritic. Bethesda is always very hit and miss with DLC.

17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 22:16 Bet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 20:43:
Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:43:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 14:30:
I'll probably get it eventually.

I "finished" with Skyrim a while back and am actually thinking about replaying New Vegas again with a bunch of mods. Then maybe I'll do Skyrim with some DLC.

I thought Oblivion had better guild quests. Skyrim seems sort of bland and short in hindsight.

I'm hip-deep in New Vegas again. Forgot what a fun game it is, though it's boring as hell until you get to the Strip proper, then it opens way up.

Yeah, I always go straight to the strip from Goodsprings. You can do it if you are careful and a little lucky.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/05/jsawyeresp-v4.html

I am thinking of using J.E. Sawyer's mod for Fallout: NV this time. It sounds like it might be pretty cool.

Most of the bad reviews for Dawnguard seem to be people who got mad that it wasn't the size of Shivering Isles. So what I'm getting out of that is that people think it's too short, not that they think it's necessarily bad.
Speaking of writing, the smartest thing in the world that Bethesda could do would be to bring on J.E. Sawyer fulltime as a creative director/writer. That would fix a lot of problems with one person.

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 20:43 Silicon Avatar

Flatline wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:43:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 14:30:
I'll probably get it eventually.

I "finished" with Skyrim a while back and am actually thinking about replaying New Vegas again with a bunch of mods. Then maybe I'll do Skyrim with some DLC.

I thought Oblivion had better guild quests. Skyrim seems sort of bland and short in hindsight.

I'm hip-deep in New Vegas again. Forgot what a fun game it is, though it's boring as hell until you get to the Strip proper, then it opens way up.

Yeah, I always go straight to the strip from Goodsprings. You can do it if you are careful and a little lucky.

http://twofoldsilence.diogenes-lamp.info/2012/05/jsawyeresp-v4.html

I am thinking of using J.E. Sawyer's mod for Fallout: NV this time. It sounds like it might be pretty cool.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2012, 20:49.

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:46 Jerykk

Rea1One wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:45:
Don't know what sites you guys read but all the ones I read say Dawnguard DLC is definitely not mediocre.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim---dawnguard

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:45 Rea1One

Don't know what sites you guys read but all the ones I read say Dawnguard DLC is definitely not mediocre and it highly praised with 20+ hours worth of awesome gameplay.  

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:39 Bet

Acleacius wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:36:
Sounds too buggy, no rush here. Hell they should have been fixing all the damn broken quests and bugs anyway.

BTW we use real money to buy your game, hire a real writer capable of writing above the adolescent level, thanks.
Writing is always Bethesda's weak point. Weird since it's pretty easy to find talented writers...

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:36 Acleacius

Sounds too buggy, no rush here. Hell they should have been fixing all the damn broken quests and bugs anyway.

BTW we use real money to buy your game, hire a real writer capable of writing above the adolescent level, thanks.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:28 Bet

Dev wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 19:13:
I think the point it that it must be REALLY bad if even xbox reviews are saying its mediocre.
Sometimes that's the highest praise, though. Binary Domain was pretty mediocre with a controller (and the review scores reflected that), but with a mouse/keyboard and higher difficulty/FOV it's a pretty satisfying shooter.

In Skyrim's case though, this might just be equal to horse armor. Hopefully not.

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 28, 2012, 19:13 Dev

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:59:
Fion wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 14:07:
I'm not really very interested in Dawnguard after all the xbox reviews calling it boring and mediocre.
I trust xbox reviews as much as I trust people reviewing vanilla ice cream. These are the same people that think that QTE's are innovative and fun.
I think the point it that it must be REALLY bad if even xbox reviews are saying its mediocre.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo