Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Safety Dance

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 2, 2012, 14:56 DukeFNukem

I never actually had to "backpedal" as you say. You have been trying to "lure" me into some intellectual debate to show everybody how smart you are. That's why all my replies have been generic. Never had to back peddle cause I never went anywhere.

Unlike you, I have no interest in winning anything here. I made a comment and it ended there. But continue to try and prove my partisan beliefs wrong if you want too.

It's stupid to be partisan...really? I never knew that.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 30, 2012, 22:44 Sepharo

Dude's rockin' a smiley face with every troll. Stop engaging  

15. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 30, 2012, 22:04 Beamer

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 19:34:
Wow,

I didn't realize Obama supporters were so sensitive. Sorry guys! I'll try to keep my comments to myself from now on.

I'm actually not an Obama supporter, what you said was just really, really partisan and therefore stupid, with no basis and reality, and your backpedaling just made you look even more dumb.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 30, 2012, 19:34 DukeFNukem

Wow,

I didn't realize Obama supporters were so sensitive. Sorry guys! I'll try to keep my comments to myself from now on.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 20:15 Beamer

"It's a sad day when the government is allowed to hire the most talented computer people! In my day we never would have stood for that!"

But they've been doing this for decades.

"No, I mean, it's sad that THIS government can, other governments can do it as much as they want because I wasn't brainwashed against them, but THIS government should only hire untalented people to continue to prove my bias!"

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 20:08 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:45:
killer_roach wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 01:53:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 21:30:
Oops, looks like I hit the nerve of an ObamaCare supporter. Sorry bout that!

I'm a libertarian, actually... just somebody who's in command of the facts.

Roach, please. Libertarians are no more in command of the "facts" than anyone else. You guys skew and spin to fit your agenda same as everyone else. If anything I'd say MOST libertarians are pretty far out of touch from reality.

My command of the facts is my own, not my ideology. You'd be surprised how many times I have to go "I'm not associated with those nutjobs" when politics are involved. Everybody has their lunatics - although I'd posit the libertarian crazies tend to be a bit more... colorful. They've got a lot of experience in letting their freak flag fly.

11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 19:45 Cutter

killer_roach wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 01:53:

Roach, please. Libertarians are no more in command of the "facts" than anyone else. You guys skew and spin to fit your agenda same as everyone else. If anything I'd say MOST libertarians are pretty far out of touch from reality.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 19:39 DukeFNukem

Nah, I would but I can already see this digressing into nothing more than a pissing match. I'll bet you dollars to dimes you voted for Barrack Obama and I have hurt your feelings. Its probably just that simple. Spare us all the agony of constantly wondering and just tell us.  

9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 10:44 killer_roach

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 09:48:

I don't dispute the fact that governments have been doing this as you have so stated. It's just that it gives me a more creepy feeling that it's being done given who's in the current administration. Especially after the failed attempts at implementing SOPA and PIPA.

I also think it's a pretty huge stretch to come to the conclusion that anyone who is a little leery of government intentions is wearing a tinfoil hat. But you seemed to miss that one for whatever reason.

Then you may want to reread what you originally posted. If that doesn't come off as conspiratorial to you... you might need to go through some political detox for a bit.

8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 09:48 DukeFNukem

I don't dispute the fact that governments have been doing this as you have so stated. It's just that it gives me a more creepy feeling that it's being done given who's in the current administration. Especially after the failed attempts at implementing SOPA and PIPA.

I also think it's a pretty huge stretch to come to the conclusion that anyone who is a little leery of government intentions is wearing a tinfoil hat. But you seemed to miss that one for whatever reason.

7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 29, 2012, 01:53 killer_roach

6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 23:44 Kitkoan

Wow... that was a huge stretch to come to that...

And he's right, governments have since the "birth" of the NSA in 1952. You can't blame todays government for continuing 60 years of a government branch.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 21:30 DukeFNukem

4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 21:28 killer_roach

DukeFNukem wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 21:21:
So the government is now recruiting hackers. The Obama administration never ceases to amaze. They never have been one to let petty things such as laws or the U.S. Constitution stand in the way of their goals. So, I can't say Im surprised by this move. I guess hiring criminals is a good way to beat them. If you can't beat them, hire them.

The government's been hiring hackers since at least the Reagan administration, if not before that.

The tinfoil hat you're wearing looks like it might be cutting off blood flow to your brain.

3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 21:21 DukeFNukem

So the government is now recruiting hackers. The Obama administration never ceases to amaze. They never have been one to let petty things such as laws or the U.S. Constitution stand in the way of their goals. So, I can't say Im surprised by this move. I guess hiring criminals is a good way to beat them. If you can't beat them, hire them.  

2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 19:00 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 15:19:
“We need great talent,” he said. “We don’t pay as high as some of the others, but we are fun to be around.”

Wow, great recruitment pitch. Considering how much money the military wastes perhaps they should be funneling more of it into acquiring and retaining skilled people and less on pork-barrel projects that amount to nothing but a cash grab for political cronies. And really, how fun can the NSA be?

If they think you're worth bringing on at any cost, they'll make it happen by making your position classified.

If they think you're just good, you're probably stuck in the standard civil service pay schedule, which, by federal law, is capped at the salary of a member of the US House (a decent sum, but high-level security experts can pull down far greater in the private sector).

1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 28, 2012, 15:19 Cutter

“We need great talent,” he said. “We don’t pay as high as some of the others, but we are fun to be around.”

Wow, great recruitment pitch. Considering how much money the military wastes perhaps they should be funneling more of it into acquiring and retaining skilled people and less on pork-barrel projects that amount to nothing but a cash grab for political cronies. And really, how fun can the NSA be?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo