Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes

The Diablo III Website now reflects the hotfixes applied to the recently identified invulnerable wizard bug and Barbarian bug. Here's word:

• Fixed a bug that allowed wizards to become permanently invulnerable
  • Fixed a health regeneration bug that occasionally affected barbarians when using Furious Charge

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:24 HorrorScope

Yeah I cancelled wow eon's ago. I get emails that my account is being used illegally (I wonder when the feds will bust in), I once proceeded to log in to see if it was a hoax, nope. The thing is I may never get another game of theirs because, well, I don't need all the hassel. Like I should have to worry about accounts I cancelled etc. To me this is a Blizz issue. And yep pretty much if you don't have an authenticator, you should assume it's going to be hacked and suspended.

If you haven't and you don't agree, I just point to the 3RROD 360 issue, people would say they got it, the high an mighty would say they are full of shit, this isn't a big issue. Fast forward a year or two, those snobby snobs pretty much got the 3RROD to and they were whiny bitches as well.

You should assume you bliz account will be compromised without a token. By the way I feel I'm ahead that they kicked me out of their mickey mouse club. No sweat off my back either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:18 Tumbler

Everyone who has ever had their account stolen fell for a phishing scam!

In fairness my username / password was possibly found on another website and used at blizzard but that info would not get them into my email...so you would think that before they let you change the email login info for the battle.net account they would do a confirmation/authentication email BEFORE they change the account info. I call it "2 step authenticaion". I'm gonna patent it cause obviously no one has thought of this...

Valve will probably want to know about this as well, oh wait...they've been doing it for a while now...oooo well that is embarassing Blizzard.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:14 Tumbler

That's why you should pay Blizzard for the privilege of owning one of their authenticator tokens. It only costs like 6 bucks so, really, it's almost like they're doing you a favor.

I did this with Swtor and in hind site it's a huge hassle. You need that stupid code to login to everything. Website, forums, account info, game, everything. Far as I can tell there is no easy way to remove it so I never bothered but to.

Nevermind that is costs $8 or something like that. If you need an authenticator just to play a game then you've failed as a developer.

8. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:09 RollinThundr

Yakubs wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:06:
That's why you should pay Blizzard for the privilege of owning one of their authenticator tokens. It only costs like 6 bucks so, really, it's almost like they're doing you a favor.

Come now, Blizzard shouldn't be required to have a secure network, that's on the user! Everyone who has ever had their account stolen fell for a phishing scam! /sarcasm

7. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:06 Yakubs

6. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:54 Tumbler

Wooo Hooo! I got hacked! I haven't logged in weeks (maybe a month?) and got an email last night from blizzard that my account info was being changed. I checked to make sure this wasn't a fake email and noticed I could not longer log into Battle.net.

Started the account recovery process and now I'm locked out and I've been warned that if this happens 2 more time they won't unlock it and I'll be forever banned!

Something I'm noticing now is that they don't have any additional security questions to make this kind of thing harder. The only option they offer for additional security is connected to a phone or an app. (app = phone in my mind) Long story short if I don't want to trust them with my phone info then security is limited at best.

Heh, no fucking way I'm putting your app on my phone or giving you the number Blizzard. I did add additional security to my email though, hopefully google can handle that...since they all but "own" my phone anyway...

5. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:49 nin

deqer wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:48:
nin wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:24:
deqer wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:17:
I feel like I've been hearing about this bug for several days now, and this fix is being applied just now?

Why do you care? You don't play it.

Oh, I care because other people play it. I feel sorry for them, you know.

That's funny, because we feel sorry for you, as well!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:48 deqer

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:24:
I feel like I've been hearing about this bug for several days now, and this fix is being applied just now?

Oh, I care because other people play it. I feel sorry for them, you know.

3. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:24 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:23 Linksil

Once they went pub and thus viral they were fixed within 24 hours if not quicker. The website lags up to a week behind on posting up hotfixes and news.(Same with wow)  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

1. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 11:17 deqer

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo