Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes

The Diablo III Website now reflects the hotfixes applied to the recently identified invulnerable wizard bug and Barbarian bug. Here's word:

• Fixed a bug that allowed wizards to become permanently invulnerable
  • Fixed a health regeneration bug that occasionally affected barbarians when using Furious Charge

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 28, 2012, 01:25 BladeRnR10

After being the victim of an in-game item scam, showstopper bugs, gold bots, RMAH, server maintenance at all times of day, a hostile gaming forum, gamers driven by greed and frequent in-game abuse I deleted D3 today and won't be looking back. 300 hours and of those I reckon the time spent in Normal to see the story was about the best bit.

Absolute epic failure Bliizard. You should hang your head in shame for creating this absolute farce of gaming. This is what happens when a gaming company puts profits above the game itself.

Bring on Torchlight 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 21:24 RailWizard

winauth is cool, thx. Wish it was around before I bought blizz's crap.  

29. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 18:01 Mordecai Walfish

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 14:03:
I'm all about discussing the positives and negatives of these companies but you guys are kinda going nuts in this thread Disguise

And rightly so. Have you seen/played D3?

I also got out of the mickey mouse club of b.net, but I had been using a cool little program that can emulate the "Authenticator Dongle" on your desktop so you dont have to buy one after paying $60 for such a monumental turd as D3 turned out to be. The program is open source so worries about malicious code can be investigated by anyone and everyone who cares.

It's called WinAuth, available here: http://code.google.com/p/winauth/

No, it wont keep you from getting hacked if you use the same password that you use on your e-mail with everything else. You deserve to get hacked if you do this.

Yes, I agree Blizzard should provide one of their Authenticators in each and every box they sell for products that require B.net, as that is the only route to semi-confidence that your account will not be hacked there. They are losing customers over this issue currently, that is a fact.

A proper 2 stage authentication should be commonplace in a system like this, I would be interested to know why Blizzard is not taking this route, but honestly right now can not be bothered to pursue any answers from Blizzard or take part in any of their cash-grab franchise self-destruction from here on out. Fin.

I would rather play the original Quake from beginning to end again (it's been at least 5 years...) and I think I'll get started tonight ^_^

28. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 17:42 dj LiTh

Julio wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 17:28:
Funny that my Blizzard account was the only account I've ever had hacked...and it had a unique password that was quite complex.

I'd suggest they need to spend some of their cash on security, and not expect an extra $8 authenicator fee.

Given D3 sucks, the hackers can have my account.

Authenicators free if you just use the app on your phone

27. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 17:28 Julio

Funny that my Blizzard account was the only account I've ever had hacked...and it had a unique password that was quite complex.

I'd suggest they need to spend some of their cash on security, and not expect an extra $8 authenicator fee.

Given D3 sucks, the hackers can have my account.

26. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 16:41 deqer

I dont see how an email will help in cases where the computer is infected. If the computer is infect, then the hacker will always get the new password you're using.

You'll need to format your machine.

25. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 16:29 dj LiTh

The whole problem with the email authentication code that steam uses is if the person uses the same password then its compromised. I've never been hacked /w the bliz auth. and never will (infact noone's ever been hacked who already had the bliz auth. on their account).  

24. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 15:23 ItBurn

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 11:54:
Wooo Hooo! I got hacked! I haven't logged in weeks (maybe a month?) and got an email last night from blizzard that my account info was being changed. I checked to make sure this wasn't a fake email and noticed I could not longer log into Battle.net.

Started the account recovery process and now I'm locked out and I've been warned that if this happens 2 more time they won't unlock it and I'll be forever banned!

Something I'm noticing now is that they don't have any additional security questions to make this kind of thing harder. The only option they offer for additional security is connected to a phone or an app. (app = phone in my mind) Long story short if I don't want to trust them with my phone info then security is limited at best.

Heh, no fucking way I'm putting your app on my phone or giving you the number Blizzard. I did add additional security to my email though, hopefully google can handle that...since they all but "own" my phone anyway...

Haha, I've been hacked too. I realized that it happened when a friend saw me online. I logged in, and someone added an authenticator to my account. It was pretty painless to recover my account and change my password. The guy actually didn't sell or take any of my stuff. In fact, he levelled my main char further and equipped him full of better equipment. My char is now level 59. Funny thing is that the stash is full of gold farming equipment that requires lvl 60. I'm guessing I was going to be this gold farmer's next bot. Now I have some pretty solid loot. Too bad I'm completely bored of the game.

23. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 15:13 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 14:23:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 13:46:
..or they could just nuke japan

We already did that in the '40s. It didn't help.
Then don't stop after two cities. Bomb JAPAN, not only two cities! Good god, do we have to explain everything?

22. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 14:23 eunichron

RailWizard wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 13:46:
..or they could just nuke japan

We already did that in the '40s. It didn't help.

21. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 14:03 Verno

I'm all about discussing the positives and negatives of these companies but you guys are kinda going nuts in this thread Disguise  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

20. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:48 RollinThundr

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:53:
There's really nothing Blizzard can do to stop this method of hacking since it falls on the user for using the same information and not using an authenticator.

That is nonsense. They can establish 2 step authentication and log computer access. A user account and password will suffice once you've logged in with a certain computer. If they see a login from a computer they havent seen before then two step auth. If the person has your email as well then u are kind of f-d. This is why users need to establish different login details on that email.

Steam does this, when you login from somewhere they don't recognize they won't do anything until they verify you can get into the email associated with the account.

That is what blizzard should be doing. Using the authenticator is a lazy solution and an indication that the company doesn't want to deal with the additional security measures that are becoming standard on everything else.

We're blizzard, we can have shit security if we want.

Shit never mind steam, you can set GMAIL to do this. Oh but not Blizzard, too much effort for them. They're too busy raping the same 3 franchises over and over each game shittier than the one prior to it.

19. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:46 RailWizard

..or they could just nuke china, korea, japan, etc.

Problem solved.

18. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:17 Undocumented Alien

If you need an authenticator just to play a game then you've failed as a developer.

Amen! Just way to much effort to play a game that has it's roots as a SP game. What does Blizz say now, "Aren't you thankful?". No.

17. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:15 HorrorScope

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 13:11:
Blizzard has shitty security and could do a lot more. People using the same username/password combination across their email, gaming accounts, online banking and some wanky fansite are what I would refer to as technically retarded and deserve everything they get.....

Right and for those people Blizzard needs to protect themselves against, so they don't lose them longterm because they won't add an additional step. Yep you could be right it's a user issue, but if you are in business and that can cost you $$$, you need to take matters in your own hand.

16. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:11 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:53:
There's really nothing Blizzard can do to stop this method of hacking since it falls on the user for using the same information and not using an authenticator.

That is nonsense. They can establish 2 step authentication and log computer access. A user account and password will suffice once you've logged in with a certain computer. If they see a login from a computer they havent seen before then two step auth. If the person has your email as well then u are kind of f-d. This is why users need to establish different login details on that email.

Steam does this, when you login from somewhere they don't recognize they won't do anything until they verify you can get into the email associated with the account.

That is what blizzard should be doing. Using the authenticator is a lazy solution and an indication that the company doesn't want to deal with the additional security measures that are becoming standard on everything else.

Blizzard has shitty security and could do a lot more. People using the same username/password combination across their email, gaming accounts, online banking and some wanky fansite are what I would refer to as technically retarded and deserve everything they get.....

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

15. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 13:08 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:40:

This is how many accounts get hacked. Fan site forums are the prime location

There's really nothing Blizzard can do to stop this method of hacking since it falls on the user

Oh yes there is. What they should do that others use (koreans) is create an additional pin code. Then what happens when you log in you are displayed a numeric pin pad, that is in random order and only clicking works, that stops key logs. This is a very secure addition which is simple to implement and simple for the user.

Login Email/User name
Password
Click in 4 or 5 digit pin
On your way...

OR how steam works which was mentioned, you come in with a new ip, we send a validation code. That has been working well to.

14. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:53 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:40 Wallshadows

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:18:

In fairness my username / password was possibly found on another website and used at blizzard but that info would not get them into my email...so you would think that before they let you change the email login info for the battle.net account they would do a confirmation/authentication email BEFORE they change the account info. I call it "2 step authenticaion".

This is how many accounts get hacked. Fan site forums are the prime location when it comes to hackers and they'll take each username and password they obtain and plug it in to the D3 login until they find a match that doesn't have an authenticator tied to it.

There's really nothing Blizzard can do to stop this method of hacking since it falls on the user for using the same information and not using an authenticator. Sure, they could add additional security to confirming changes to the account but the fact still remains that your account is compromised the moment they gain entry rather than when they change your information.

The Blizzard authenticator can be set to ask you each time you log in to the game or one/twice a week and the forums don't prompt you for it once you initially log in to the site. It's really not an invasive form of security and it's nice to have around.

If anything, Blizzard should ship an authenticator with the game at this point.

12. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:39 Rikevis

Have they fixed the bug where the entire game is an over-hyped piece of garbage, not worth the decade-plus of wait time ...?  

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo