Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September

The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Website is now accepting preorders of the upcoming Baldur's Gate revival, saying we should expect the PC edition on September 18th. Here's word on what this will include:

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows contains the following enhancements:

• New Adventure: The Black Pits
        • New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
        • New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
        • New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
        • A new collection of player character voice sets
        • Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
        • Over 400 improvements to the original game
        • Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows will be available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-purchasing will allow you to preload the game, so you can access it immediately after release.

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

4. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 26, 2012, 20:40 Icewind

Rpgwatch, RPS...all the sites I go to that announced this are full of people who are bad mouthing this. They say it's too expensive (Really??? Do they work in McDonalds?) or it has no real additions, or it isn't anywhere as good as the originals with WeiDu mods.

Well, for me that isn't the case.

I have been playing BGTuTu for three years now and the infamous Beregost bug is a common occurrence for me. No mod maker or patcher has been able to get rid of this bug and it has corrupted many of my saves as well as locked up windows. I would gladly pay 20 bucks just to have this bug removed.

Another thing that I can't seem to get around in BG1 is how pushing the game to higher resolutions (with the use of mods) has a tendency to make the game unstable or cause problems with scripts and the fog of war. Once again, I'd pay 20 bucks for a new version to remove this problem.

Throw in 3 new characters and new areas and I'm in. I always wanted BG1 to be better balanced for monks and obviously it will be considering the first new character is a monk.

Though like others, I'll be waiting for a Steam release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 26, 2012, 20:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting; 20 dollars seems high, but not completely out of the question.

Anybody have any practical experience using "Beamdog" ? I've never heard of that service before, but one less download client is always a good thing to me.

Ah, the memories, back when Bioware made games I actually liked.

2. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 26, 2012, 20:35 Axis

You know, it could be complete shit and Id buy it if just for the future opportunity of MORE BALDUR'S GATE!  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 26, 2012, 20:23 nin

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows will be available as a direct download from Beamdog

Note that MDK2 HD (Overhaul's previous title) came out on steam recently. I hoping these remakes eventually make it there, too...

Still find it funny as hell to hear Minsc's voice in clone wars...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo