Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo

The Steam page for Orcs Must Die! 2 now offers a playable demo for Robot Entertainment's action/strategy sequel in advance of the release of the full game next week. They also now offer sales of the game's soundtrack, and a 75% off weekend sale on top of a price cut for the original Orcs Must Die! Here's word:

With just four days until the release of Orcs Must Die! 2, Robot Entertainment today has announced that they’re celebrating the final countdown with demos, deals, and the long-awaited release of the Orcs Must Die! soundtrack! Players looking to be the first to get their hands on Orcs Must Die! 2 can now download the demo and start sleighing their way through two of the game’s early levels in single-player or co-op. Play as either the Sorceress or the War Mage and test-drive a selection of new traps and upgrades. Hone your combat and trap combos this weekend in anticipation of the monstrous assault coming your way when Orcs Must Die! 2 releases on Monday, July 30th, 2012!

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 27, 2012, 19:35 Stormsinger

I don't know why I always forget to try restarting Steam when I hit a problem. Probably because the problems are so few and far between... But it definitely worked this time.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 27, 2012, 16:03 Veterator

Yeah I had to restart steam for it to start downloading.

A lot like Orcs Must Die 1, but I never finished it. Doesn't seem too much different than the original. The MP would make it worth the purchase, but really don't have anyone who'd be interested in playing it.

14. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 27, 2012, 01:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:24:
It may -offer- a demo, but I, at least, can't get it to actually download. I get an error saying something about "no subscription".
Had the same problem. I restarted Steam and it worked fine after that.

That TB video was cool, but damn, he's terrible at the game.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 12:52.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 21:37 Veterator

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:24:
It may -offer- a demo, but I, at least, can't get it to actually download. I get an error saying something about "no subscription".

Same here. I tried about half a dozen times to get it throughout the day and keep getting the same message. And it seems to be only available via steam...so seems screwed up unless it's meant to only be for people who already ordered.

Which if that's the case...that's pretty stupid if they want more people to commit to buying it early.

12. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 21:27 Esoteric

Really looking forward to this. It looks like there's a lot more options "build-wise" with the upgrades and such.  

11. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 20:31 mazling

Much respect for making a demo available, but the video shows me all I need to see ... ;-)  

10. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 19:24 Stormsinger

9. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 18:10 nin

http://youtu.be/OXkK4LCO2dg Beat to the punch!

Edit: 2/3rds of the way through the video, and this game looks phenomenal. An insane amount of fun...

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 19:12.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 17:53 Prez

Are these guys running for God? Putting out a demo is awesome. Not that I need it though - I was sold on a sequel after playing the first one.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 17:13 zombiefan

I'll echo what Verno said. A demo before the game comes out?? WTF am I saying...someone put out a DEMO????

6. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 17:05 Yakubs

Unclear what the digital download pre-order of BL2 comes with on Amazon. It's offered at a discount regardless of whether you own Bl1 right now.  

5. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 16:40 Teddy

Verno wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:44:
A demo before the game comes out? I feel like I've stepped back in time

Oh and btw Borderlands 2 preorders are up on Steam and GMG (use COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to get 20% off). Amazon is also doing a 4 pack at $40 per copy. The preorders include the crap that most of the retailers have or whatever.

The pre-order on steam for BL2 has everything listed except the "Creature Slaughter Dome" level that's exclusive to Gamestop/EBgames.

4. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 16:29 ASeven

http://youtu.be/OXkK4LCO2dg  

3. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 15:45 nin

Preordered last weekend! Wish they'd have had the soundtrack up (and included)then...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 15:44 Verno

A demo before the game comes out? I feel like I've stepped back in time

Oh and btw Borderlands 2 preorders are up on Steam and GMG (use COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to get 20% off). Amazon is also doing a 4 pack at $40 per copy. The preorders include the crap that most of the retailers have or whatever.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2012, 15:57.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

1. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 15:41 SpectralMeat

YES !!!
I got this preordered, can't wait !

Steam: SpectralMeat

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo