Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Trailer

full "Death is No Excuse" trailer for PlanetSide 2 is now available, offering three-plus minutes of cinematic footage for SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel (thanks Cutter). Here's the accompanying description: "Drop in the middle of the war on Auraxis. Follow the path of one soldier as he powers through the battlefield determined to fulfill his mission. The war is raging, but his mission is clear. Death is No Excuse. The battlefield in the modern warfare epic first person shooter could make you a combat veteran or you could end up with a halo over your head. Just watch this epic trailer that shows you what it is like to go PlanetSide 2!"

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 08:39 Rea1One

InBlack wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 05:57:
Is this coming out this year or next year?

This year

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 07:13 Dades

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:55:
Rant spam bullshit

Get. Out.

48. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 06:42 bigspender

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:13:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:00:
That was fucking awesome! That's one of the best game trailers of all time. PS2 is going to be an insane amount of fun.

SOE hype victim count +1

Seriously, anyone who isn't a complete and utter n00b should know by now that SOE is extremely skilled at creating pretty hype material but also extremely amateurish when it comes to the execution of said material into actual gameplay. That is if the trailer material makes it into the game at all. Not even that is guaranteed with SOE.
Extreme caution is not only recommended but mandatory with these slime balls.

how dare SOE make a cool trailer to promote their product.....

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

47. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 06:39 bigspender

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:12:
They are scaring me away...

Cinema? Goofy ridiculous phoney combat? Jet Packs?!?!
Flying around soloing ships in a jet pack?

Starting to think its time to sell the computers...

good. the less drama queens playing this game the better.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

46. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 05:57 InBlack

Is this coming out this year or next year?  

I have a nifty blue line!

45. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 01:27 Steele Johnson

I'm thinking this will be the game of the decade.  

44. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 22:46 jamiedj99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x75UFj2Th3I
Come Join Republic Forces Are Leader Madseal is a veteran Planetside We are Republic Forces, an experienced guild with years of collective MMO & gaming experience, welcoming you, the seeker of truth and justice, to join us in this awesome adventure of Planetside 2. Whether you PvP or just a casual player, <RF> has an important place for you that will sure to recognize you as a important asset.
Our reputation is important, and so is our collective growth. We will stride in helping any player, experienced or non-experienced, to help evolve your role towards game content as efficiently and smoothly as possible, so that our guild can meet our goal: a driving force of meaningful and impactful change and to be recognized and respected as one of the top premiere guilds within the Planetside 2 universe.
We ARE Republic Forces and we are ONE. Join us today http://republicforces.net

43. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:35 1badmf

beta starts next week:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/planetside-2/1225550p1.html

checked my old planetside acct - it's already been flagged for PS2 unlimited access =DDD

42. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:26 Closed Betas

Don't most healers roll healers to heal themselves?

41. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:22 Closed Betas

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 21:01:
Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:56:
You're lost man, you don't even understand what im saying because you refuse to process it on the sole point if it being in general negative.

Yea, I've lost...there's just no way I can compete with someone who resorts to horrible attempts at character assassination instead of actually making a reasoned and intelligent argument.

Notice the self justification spells? You should be rolling a guardian, or lets be honest, your pure healer material. Quit trying to be the DPS sorcerer and starting healing us already.

40. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 21:01 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:56:
You're lost man, you don't even understand what im saying because you refuse to process it on the sole point if it being in general negative.

Yea, I've lost...there's just no way I can compete with someone who resorts to horrible attempts at character assassination instead of actually making a reasoned and intelligent argument.

39. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:59 DarkCntry

Eirikrautha wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:48:
Wow, this is the best trolling I've seen in a long time! I actually laughed until I started to cry.

Well played! Salute2

As an attempt at trolling, I think Closed Betas is probably better...but for sheer laugh-factor, yea, I agree

38. removed Jul 26, 2012, 20:56 Closed Betas

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 27, 2012, 09:31.

37. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:55 Closed Betas

Is he going to attack my grahmer now, is he going to start buffing himself like a MMORPG, start casting assumptions on who i am? lol, he already has... He is the antiwhiner, ironically whining about someone elses whines.. hahahahha they are known as social parasites in the new online comm studies

I have no need to attack your grammar, but when you start playing at attempts to appeal to an authority, you might just want to at least get the basics of posting a message on the Internet (you know, like how to edit a post by pushing the "Edit" button) down first.
You're lost man, you don't even understand what im saying because you refuse to process it on the sole point if it being in general negative.. THat is why you are the weak one here sir, and you wish to remove what offends you.. Just like i swat at flies in my face... That don't justify whatever pathetic point your trying to make, you dont like me.. great... telling me im an idiot, makes you the idiot..

Let's further persuade into your life here, since you challenged me.. You seem to think your a player and not a gamer... Let me guess...
Your an ARTIST right? Exactly what my preachings are stating, the wrong people are in the gaming industry.. using games to EXPRESS themselves and their homosexual nature... Your into anime I presume? Have little 12 year old paintinsg of little girls around your room, and your what 30-40 year old male???

Seems you're spending your internet life looking for existance, sadly you're nothing and there's so many of you that the industry is collapsing with these pathetic stories that engage your weak emotional mentalities...

Sorry man, but gamer is what you are, and player is what i am, dont even think you can compete on a real game... Something tells me your playing LOTRO right now with lady goga and rhianna blasting in the background eh?

36. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:48 Eirikrautha

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:22:
[sarcasm]You mean this isn't actual gameplay? Gosh! I feel so abused and lied to![/sarcasm]

You trolls can fuckoff, take your ball home and don't come back. We're going to enjoy the hell out of this and the thought of you sitting around sulking while we have fun only adds to it.

Welp, once the first post about serious launch issues or another Sony network database breach goes up on Blue's, I'm gonna unzip and jack off like a bunny on crack while imagining your stoned, stupid little face while you're sitting in the dump inside your trailer home, crying real tears of mega frustration over how you can't play.
Mark my words. Knowing SOE, I'll get to jack off until my weeny turns purple!

Wow, this is the best trolling I've seen in a long time! I actually laughed until I started to cry.

Well played! Salute2

35. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:46 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:36:
The irony is, you are attacking someone who is negative because you are weak and can't handle the negative. I attack principle, not individuals, quite big difference.. You attack what you think you are stronger then because your offended. You are hurt, by another mans speech, that is the sign of weakness we instantly see and need not assume the rest.. You sir, are nothing short of "little". Sit back down because you can just get up and flex in the mirror... You will never change me, and you will get butthurt trying.

I'm sorry, where's the irony in that, do you even know the meaning of that word? You attacked no principle, you 'flamed-on' with a rather idiotic opinion. You based the game on a cinematic trailer for a game, one that's specifically pointing out that it's not actual gameplay.

As for me being 'hurt', I'm trying to find the validity in such a phrase in my reply to you.

I don't think anyone, especially those of us who have played Planetside, expect to be 'soloing' Galaxies in the manner they show, but it does create a nice 'action movie' experience to SELL THE GAME.

As for the combat, what ridiculous 'phoney' combat are you talking about? It is effectively the SAME COMBAT AS THE ORIGINAL GAME.

I don't think I'd want to change you, as that would be akin to me trying to make the Sun glow purple.

Is he going to attack my grahmer now, is he going to start buffing himself like a MMORPG, start casting assumptions on who i am? lol, he already has... He is the antiwhiner, ironically whining about someone elses whines.. hahahahha they are known as social parasites in the new online comm studies

I have no need to attack your grammar, but when you start playing at attempts to appeal to an authority, you might just want to at least get the basics of posting a message on the Internet (you know, like how to edit a post by pushing the "Edit" button) down first.

34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:36 Closed Betas

The irony is, you are attacking someone who is negative because you are weak and can't handle the negative. I attack principle, not individuals, quite big difference.. You attack what you think you are stronger then because your offended. You are hurt, by another mans speech, that is the sign of weakness we instantly see and need not assume the rest.. You sir, are nothing short of "little". Sit back down because you can just get up and flex in the mirror... You will never change me, and you will get butthurt trying.

33. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:25 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:22:
aww, poor weak human can't handle the truth and negativity in todays market... I created the games in the 70-90's son... Respect teh grand daddy of gamers, not this pathetic story sob shit for people who have no lives and need to dream... This game was a game for playability and we PLAYERS unlike you gamers would like at LEAST 1 FUCKING GAME left functioning for some sort of competitive play.

Right, nice attempt to know who I am...nice attempt to appeal to authority as well. Of course, this would mean I should appeal to authority by making the rounds that my 'history' isn't so different than yours...son. For all your intelligence on the subject, one would assume you'd know how to do the simple task at posting on the Internets.

As for your whole "gamers vs players" bullshit, leave it to your imagined little world you so believe yourself the end authority of.

32. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:24 Closed Betas

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:22:
aww, poor weak human can't handle the truth and negativity in todays market... I created the games in the 70-90's son... Respect teh grand daddy of gamers, not this pathetic story sob shit for people who have no lives and need to dream... This game was a game for playability and we PLAYERS unlike you gamers would like at LEAST 1 FUCKING GAME left functioning for some sort of competitive play. I don't need the illusion of being a super hero to get thru your sad pahetic life where you need butterflies and unicorns..

31. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:22 Closed Betas

aww, poor weak human can't handle the truth and negativity in todays market... I created the games in the 70-90's son... Respect teh grand daddy of gamers, not this pathetic story sob shit for people who have no lives and need to dream... This game was a game for playability and we PLAYERS unlike you gamers would like at LEAST 1 FUCKING GAME left functioning for some sort of competitive play.  

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo