Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 23:02 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:19:
For me, not even worth it for $5. I felt so disappointed by DarkSiders, not because it was a bad game or full of bugs, but because it was so consoly. I just couldn't stand the gameplay: linear paths through levels, button mashing, etc.

Wrong thread, or did you mean Prototype?

I have about 20 hours in (80% through), though that may be steam afk 'exaggeration', and I'm loving it... As I've mentioned elsewhere, the game plays like the first with some improvements, and a few not-so-improvements...

It may be worth noting two things... I'm not as picky about consolitis as the other curmudgeons, so big UI and more keyboard (vs mouse) control is preferred. And... I have botha PS3 and 360, and I waited to pick it up on steam; only games I buy on consoles are exclusives.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 17:19 jdreyer

For me, not even worth it for $5. I felt so disappointed by DarkSiders, not because it was a bad game or full of bugs, but because it was so consoly. I just couldn't stand the gameplay: linear paths through levels, button mashing, etc.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 15:06 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 13:20:
Jaggies? Force AA or use a wrapper/injector.

But that would require *gasp* effort!!

If it runs similarly to the first one and supports mouse and keyboard decently enough, then I really don't see myself getting too worked up over it. At least no mention of a low volume bug...so that's a good thing.

I just want to run around doing horrible violence and causing random destruction...if it does that...then I'll likely pick it up on sale. I'm still recovering from the Steam summer sale. It's going to be a while before I work through this backlog.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 13:20 eRe4s3r

Jaggies? Force AA or use a wrapper/injector.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 12:53 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:30:
Wait, so the game looks and runs better on PC, but the article writer says it's better played on console..?

He says it "feels more at home" there. Lower resolution textures and jaggies. I think his point stands.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 12:30 Jerykk

Wait, so the game looks and runs better on PC, but the article writer says it's better played on console..?  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2012, 12:25 Axis

In otherwords, if you are a PC gamer, your opinion of this game is it's complete and utter shit with no sign of support, but you may try to like it because you just wasted wages on it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo