Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Return to RIFT

The RIFT Website invites former subscribers the chance to return to the MMORPG for free:

Previous subscribers! Log in to RIFT™ July 25 - 29 for a weekend of unrestricted free access to the entire game, including all your characters. Join Instant Adventures across four new zones, dive into new Mentoring and Leaderboards features, explore the Primeval Feast Sliver, and engage in the groundbreaking PvP warfare of Conquest. As always, new players have access to levels 1-20 completely free with RIFT Lite!

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 26, 2012, 02:34 ledhead1969

Rift is the best MMO out right now. New Expansion comes out this fall, too.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 23:20 ChopperDan

I went back to play my 39 warrior. I forgot how to play hahah  

14. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 22:56 Endo

Verno wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 14:28:
Is this worth buying a box and playing for a month but not subbing? I just want something to play in the down time before GW2. I'm just curious if this is one of those games where everything fun happens at the level cap. I played in beta for a bit and the Rift events seemed really gimmicky and the actual grinding was a bit samey but I only played for like 4 hours.
I guess, if you want another WoW clone. The good thing in this situation is that 4 weeks is plenty of time to get at least one character to level cap, and maybe 2 if you play every day.

13. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 22:54 Endo

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 21:05:
I'm so burnt out on MMO's I won't even play them for free.

I played Rift for 2 months after it first came out, until the realization hit that I was simply playing a reskin job of WoW. Same thing happened with SWTOR. I'm done with MMO's.
Kinda happened to me too, but for me it wasn't a problem with all MMOs, just ones that were clones of WoW. I've been enjoying Eve off and on for a year and a half now. Also try free ones here and there, and I'm sure I'll be enjoying GW2 soon.

As for Rift, it wasn't fun when I quit, why the heck would I come back??

12. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 21:43 Sepharo

I really liked the rifts, invasions, and planar collection in specific zones. All that was on a top of a very polished WoW style MMO.  

11. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 21:05 Beelzebud

I'm so burnt out on MMO's I won't even play them for free.

I played Rift for 2 months after it first came out, until the realization hit that I was simply playing a reskin job of WoW. Same thing happened with SWTOR. I'm done with MMO's.

10. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 16:50 HorrorScope

Is this worth buying a box and playing for a month but not subbing? I just want something to play in the down time before GW2.

You cannot find anything else to play? Not sure who the lucky one is, me the guy with more games then time or you time with no games. I tend to believe a gamer with nothing to play, is a gamer tiring of gaming. I been there done that from 18-23.

9. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:44 PropheT

deqer wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:11:
Why? I mean, WHY? What is the ****ing point in logging in for only a few days? Wtf does that do for me? I'll tell you what it does for me; it does NOTHING, because it's only a few days.

It's for previous subscribers (you can tell this by the part where it says "Previous subscribers!"). It's so people who have played before can see what the updates since they last subscribed have provided for the game and decide if they want to come back.

8. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:39 Beamer

Morgan19 wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:39:
Wtf does that do for me?

I always thought it was fairly obvious that these types of "come back!" events aren't "for you" at all. They're marketing tactics attempting to get people re-subscribed again. It's simply a tactic to increase cashflow, not reward ex-players...

Wait, and are those free chunks of cookie available at Whole Foods to reward me for shopping?

Oh god, and does that mean the free L4D2 weekend I did about a year ago wasn't for me, either? All this is an attempt to get money?!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:34 Steele Johnson

Is this worth buying a box and playing for a month but not subbing? I just want something to play in the down time before GW2. I'm just curious if this is one of those games where everything fun happens at the level cap. I played in beta for a bit and the Rift events seemed really gimmicky and the actual grinding was a bit samey but I only played for like 4 hours.

That's what I did. I think I got it for $12 and played for a month. It was just as I thought it would be: current gen (WoW style) mmo with different artwork. You get just as bored as all the rest of those games. I'm waiting for the game changer that is Planetside 2.

6. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:33 Rhino

My wife and I played for the one month after getting a hold of two copies of the game for a grand total of $10. It was fairly fun and we basically enjoyed it; but I am absolutely sure that a LOT (likely most) of that enjoyment came about because we started and played together. If you're just looking to hop in and play around a bit then I suspect that you'll get bored long before that month is out.

5. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:28 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

4. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 14:12 Agent.X7

PLEASE COME BACK! Ignore the upcoming shiny new WoW expansion and the GW2 release!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 13:39 Morgan19

Wtf does that do for me?

I always thought it was fairly obvious that these types of "come back!" events aren't "for you" at all. They're marketing tactics attempting to get people re-subscribed again. It's simply a tactic to increase cashflow, not reward ex-players...

2. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 13:19 NKD

No thanks.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: Return to RIFT Jul 25, 2012, 13:11 deqer

Why? I mean, WHY? What is the ****ing point in logging in for only a few days? Wtf does that do for me? I'll tell you what it does for me; it does NOTHING, because it's only a few days.

Come back to me when you go F2P, truely be F2P, or when you change your business model to something other than a monthly subscription fee to play...

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo