Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players

Firefly Studios announces that Stronghold Kingdoms has surpassed the one million player milestone:

Stronghold Kingdoms, consistently the second most popular free-to-play game on Steam for nearly five months now, has reached 1,000,000 registered players. "Adiewux" joined World 3 on Monday at 11:45 BST, bringing the total number of Lords and Ladies playing Kingdoms to a massive one million. World 3 was the first of many new game worlds launched to keep pace with a huge influx of new players, following the game’s Steam launch in February. Reaching one million players has been a goal of Firefly’s for some time now and achieving it opens the door to even greater heights. The company hopes that with new markets and platforms, such as the recently launched Amazon Game Connect, the Kingdoms playerbase will continue to grow in 2012 and beyond.

View
3. Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players Jul 25, 2012, 17:14 Axis

eunichron wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 15:01:
A friend and I played it back when it first hit Steam a few months ago... don't even bother. It's unabashedly P2W; you can purchase cards that give you increased resources and military units, army movement speeds, reduced building times, etc. You also get cards by playing but they are random, and to trade in cards for an actually useful one takes a month or two of collecting them. To get simple things like building queues and the ability to relocate buildings (which is mandatory for optimizing resource gathering) you have to pay.

We found that the majority of players were stay at home wives/mothers who had the time and cash to invest in the game. However it was something that I could run in the background and just check on it every few hours to see if my new buildings or castle upgrades had completed (building times increase with each successive building, by the time I stopped playing a single village building was taking 9 real-time hours to contruct, an average sized castle takes several days, an optimal castle can take a month... unless you pay).

Stay away unless you don't mind shelling out cash to be able to compete.

Thanks for the confirmation, I was going to ask how much p2w it was. Aside from the fact its not my cup of tea.

Yours truly,

Axis
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 25, 14:38 Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players jdreyer
  2. Jul 25, 15:01 Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players eunichron
>> 3. Jul 25, 17:14  Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players Axis
  4. Jul 25, 22:31 Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players D4rkKnight
  5. Jul 25, 22:47  Re: 1M Stronghold Kingdoms Players jdreyer

footer

Blue's News logo