Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Conflict Open Beta

The Star Conflict Website announces that Open Beta testing of this MMO space action game is now underway. They say: "Many surprises are awaiting not only the experienced space conquerors participants of the closed beta-test but also the brand new pilots. We are happy to announce that the new faction will be available at launch of the open beta the Federation of the Free Planets, and this means twice the possibilities, ships, and available modules."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 25, 2012, 09:23 commonperson

Same here, played for about five minutes and the entire tutorial is in Russian and cryllic so I have no idea what I'm doing. The controls were pretty intuitive but if you don't know what objectives to hit kind of rough to figure out. I'm guessing English will be coming soon.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 25, 2012, 07:29 eRe4s3r

man i loved earth and beyond... sad memories ;/  

5. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 25, 2012, 06:55 The Half Elf

From what I can tell (and I don't speak/understand Russian) it's a deathmatch (and variants) type of gameplay. Ran smooth, looked good, and had a nice Privateer/Freelancer feel to it (control scheme).
But until they make it in English I won't be playing more of it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 25, 2012, 03:49 Longswd

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:40:
The lack of good space shooters has been a recurring theme in the comments here. Anyone in the beta for this?

Agreed. With the collapse of JumpGate Evolution and the crap that is Black Prophecy, I'm still left waiting for another Earth and Beyond.
I'll even settle for a good single player Elite/Privateer like game.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

3. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 24, 2012, 23:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Haven't seen any real gameplay videos, except one that was in Russian. Where are they?

Game looks decent. Not sure how much depth it has though. I may give it a try.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 24, 2012, 22:50 The Half Elf

Downloading now. Ship design is nice, graphics are nice, the gameplay videos looked nice, can't hurt to give it a try.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Star Conflict Open Beta Jul 24, 2012, 21:40 jdreyer

The lack of good space shooters has been a recurring theme in the comments here. Anyone in the beta for this?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo