Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 17:20 HorrorScope

99 cent piracy proves one theory us pc gamers had for a long time...

Bringing the cost of games down will have a drastic affect on piracy. People pirate 99 cent apps and say, they wouldn't do it if the game had a demo, 99 cents is too much to risk to find out you don't like it.

This post brought to you by the afterlife, as I jumped off the cliff reading 99 cents was too much of a risk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 15:32 Beamer

avianflu wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 15:24:
that rockband iOS article really sets a terrible (but not surprising) precedent. The apps you buy? Nope -- Not really yours.

Well, they're still playable, just not downloadable. They can be backed up.

So it's still yours, you just have to handle it with care (kind of like a CD which could be scratched.) But soon they won't be ours, in the same way that movies we watch on TV aren't ours.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 15:24 avianflu

that rockband iOS article really sets a terrible (but not surprising) precedent. The apps you buy? Nope -- Not really yours.  

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

I wish everything would just go to USB3 micro jacks.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 10:36 wtf_man

It doesn't affect me since I only have one dock and I'm sure there will be an adapter.

That said... the idea that apple is never ever allowed to change their jack design is asinine.
We'd still be on a fuckin' serial port for a mouse and huge 5-Pin Keyboard jack on desktop systems, with that kind of thinking. (XT->486 era tech)

Apple aims for thinner / smaller all the time. A smaller jack potentially means more real estate for a battery, or whatever that small extra bit of real estate can be used for. It may not seem like much, for just a connector jack, but in engineering, every little bit counts... and that is probably not the only thing getting shrunk in the guts of the phone.

I wish it was the standard USB mini jack that you find on cameras... but there's no doubt it will be proprietary.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 08:20 John

I've never had an issue charging my iPhone from any PC (even older ones) so I don't know what that "lack of power" is all about. My iPad, on the other hand, does require more power though which is annoying.

This space is available for rent

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 25, 2012, 08:08 Burrito of Peace

Lorcin wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:11:
I'm willing to bet it will still be unable to charge from 90% of PCs due to "lack of power" whilst every other phone works fine.

Which is funny given that a lot of motherboards now have two (or more) USB ports designated as charging ports solely. Oh, wait, you're supposed to be guzzling the Apple Koolaid by the gallon and only have a Mac, too!

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2012, 21:11 Lorcin

In our house 4 of the mobiles share chargers, 2 sonys, a samsung and a cackberry all happily can be charged nearly anywhere in the house as there's almost always one of the chargers nearby.

My wife's crApple of course has to have it's own charger, in house, in car etc etc. I was really hoping they'd bring it in line with the rest of the mobile world and we'd have one charging solution but it seems more likely this is just a dick move to sell more accessories.

I'm willing to bet it will still be unable to charge from 90% of PCs due to "lack of power" whilst every other phone works fine.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo