Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle

Indie Royale now offers a "July Jubilee Bundle" as the latest of their indie game deals where earlier purchasers get the best minimum price, and generous gamers can drive down the price for others by paying more than the minimum. The new bundle includes Puzzle Agent, Geneforge Saga, Oniken, Mutant Storm Reloaded, SWIFT☆STITCH, and Unepic, with a chiptune bonus for those willing to shell out USD $8.00.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 25, 2012, 11:44 Alamar

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:44:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 14:29:
I would get unepic but to me it's borderline plagarism. I hate the excuse of "homage", "tribute", and "reference", to me it sounds like a cheap, cop-out way of using someone else' work to include and use in your game. I mean easter eggs are one thing, but this is a direct rip off of castlevania.

How is it borderline plagarism? I don't understand that part.

Because of its game style? If so, then every FPS could be said to be a copy of Wolfenstein, many JRPG's would be copies of Dragon Quest, etc... Or is there something about it I'm missing? (never played it beyond the demo's first save point).

I'm with this guy... I haven't played the game, but the gameplay vid I just watched doesn't look anything like Castlevania to me, and I'm a HUGE fan of the (2D) series...

Which again, just in case one of them is watching... Make the next Castlevania using the Trine engine (or similar).

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 24, 2012, 20:12 Dev

I don't think its that much of a copy, plus, since when did classic castlevania games hit PC? I'd like to see more games of that type. As well, the game is one big parody.
One thing I enjoyed in castlevania that wasn't present here was killing a bunch of a particular monster to collect its soul.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 20:46.

6. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 24, 2012, 17:44 Kitkoan

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 14:29:
I would get unepic but to me it's borderline plagarism. I hate the excuse of "homage", "tribute", and "reference", to me it sounds like a cheap, cop-out way of using someone else' work to include and use in your game. I mean easter eggs are one thing, but this is a direct rip off of castlevania.

How is it borderline plagarism? I don't understand that part.

Because of its game style? If so, then every FPS could be said to be a copy of Wolfenstein, many JRPG's would be copies of Dragon Quest, etc... Or is there something about it I'm missing? (never played it beyond the demo's first save point).

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 24, 2012, 15:36 killer_roach

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 12:24:
No Linux support no buy support

I'm sure you won't be missed.

4. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 24, 2012, 14:29 Rattlehead

3. Re: Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle Jul 24, 2012, 13:49 Verno

Unepic is supposed to be pretty good, very Metroidvania type stuff. Too bad about its name though.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

2. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 24, 2012, 12:50 nin

Nothing really jumped out at me in this bundle anyway...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 24, 2012, 12:24 UConnBBall

No Linux support no buy support  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo