Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?

A thread on the Diablo III forums claims a new bug has been discovered to allow Barbarians to regain 8% of their HP per strike, followed by a fairly confusing debate over whether this is genuine, or trolling based on the recent Wizard bug/exploit (thanks Kotaku). Speaking of which, a post on the Diablo III forums has a more detailed response from Blizzard than the brief comment added to the story about the invulnerable wizard bug/exploit in the action/RPG sequel:

We are currently rolling out a hotfix for a recent bug regarding invulnerable Wizards. We will continue to carefully monitor this issue and welcome anyone with information about bugs or hacks to submit a detailed report to our Hacks Team by emailing hacks@blizzard.com, or by completing the Hacks Report web form. In your correspondence, please include any steps necessary to replicate the issue as well as any additional details you are able to provide.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 14:07 AngelicPenguin

DG wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:40:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:00:
I also remember at the very beginning of the movie, two aliens injure themselves to escape a prison cell or something. I remember realizing at that moment this movie was going to be a train wreck, since that seemed so out of character with what they had shown aliens do in the past.
IIRC 2 aliens bullied and killed the third.

Even worse!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 13:40 DG

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 13:00:
I also remember at the very beginning of the movie, two aliens injure themselves to escape a prison cell or something. I remember realizing at that moment this movie was going to be a train wreck, since that seemed so out of character with what they had shown aliens do in the past.
IIRC 2 aliens bullied and killed the third.

35. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 13:00 AngelicPenguin

Dades wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:26:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:21:
Online-only will never and never was intended to prevent exploiting the built-in game functionality (such as the recent exploits being so very newsworthy lately).

It was intended to help them quickly remove them and was a factor in their decision to go with online only so the resulting loss of offline access is the same regardless.

I liked T3 and Alien 3. But yeah, Alien Resurrection... what the HELL? I mean, that was mindblowing just how bad it was. It made the two AvP movies look like high art by comparison. My disappointment with it has rarely been matched. Incidentally, discovering Diablo 3 was being made as a DRM-laden, half-assed MMO tied to what amounts to a Nigerian Prince email phishing scheme was one of the few times it has been equaled.

Sigourney Weaver had a lot of creative input that turned out to be terrible, the studio and director had some conflicts and there were several script rewrites. The whole production was a mess from start to finish, too many cooks in the kitchen. The original whedon script is actually really good, it's a shame they didn't just go with that.

I had no idea whedon wrote the original script. I don't even remember the movie that well any more as I only watched it the one time in the theater. I remember thinking a lot of how it was trying to be like a bad comedy version of the second movie, but then the movie was just over the top violent in ways that weren't enjoyable to watch.

34. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 25, 2012, 08:10 Undocumented Alien

I'm pretty sure that by now most everyone is aware it was made online only simply to force use of the real money scam house.

That is really the only reason.

33. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 21:32 Prez

Online-only is used to prevent hacking within the game.

From what I have been hearing and reading indeed it doesn't seem to be working even though that's how Blizzard themselves and their army of sycophants defended it. Anyway I was being facetious; I'm pretty sure that by now most everyone is aware it was made online only simply to force use of the real money scam house.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 22:49.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 21:26 Dades

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:21:
Online-only will never and never was intended to prevent exploiting the built-in game functionality (such as the recent exploits being so very newsworthy lately).

It was intended to help them quickly remove them and was a factor in their decision to go with online only so the resulting loss of offline access is the same regardless.

I liked T3 and Alien 3. But yeah, Alien Resurrection... what the HELL? I mean, that was mindblowing just how bad it was. It made the two AvP movies look like high art by comparison. My disappointment with it has rarely been matched. Incidentally, discovering Diablo 3 was being made as a DRM-laden, half-assed MMO tied to what amounts to a Nigerian Prince email phishing scheme was one of the few times it has been equaled.

Sigourney Weaver had a lot of creative input that turned out to be terrible, the studio and director had some conflicts and there were several script rewrites. The whole production was a mess from start to finish, too many cooks in the kitchen. The original whedon script is actually really good, it's a shame they didn't just go with that.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 21:33.

31. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 21:21 Fibrocyte

Prez wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:29:
EDIT: I just realized I posted in a Diablo 3 thread without saying anything bad about it or Actiblizz. To right that wrong let me say I find it hysterical that a game that was made online only because it would eliminate hacking has an official Hack Report Form on the Blizzard website. LMAO!

Online-only is used to prevent hacking within the game. Your user account can still be hacked, hence the form on the website.

30. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 20:25 Prez

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 19:11:
shihonage wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 18:59:
Diablo 3, like Terminator 3 and Aliens 3, does not exist.

DOES NOT EXIST.

I didn't think Alien 3 was THAT bad, although a pretty big letdown from the first 2. The CGI alien was especially egregious. Now Alien 4, THAT was bad. One of the worst movies I've ever spent money on in a theater.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 20:21 HorrorScope

I enjoy the updates. They are trying things that can affect gaming in general, so it imo validates keeping an eye out for.  

28. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:37 Luke

Elricsi wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 19:08:
I have never played a Diablo game, and I find these exploit and bug reports entertaining reading. If it was every stupid minor thing, then no, but an invulnerable wizard sounds neat.

P.S. I loved Torchlight and pre-ordered Torchlight 2. With my pre-order they give you a copy of T1. Anyone wants to try Torchlight, hit me up here and post your steam ID and I will friend you and send it.

It seems there is a new exploit just use mirror image instead and you can go invulnerable again ^^

27. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:22 Asmodai

NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:37:
Yeah that could be. I just think we need to keep in mind this isn't a Diablo 3 fansite and people don't necessarily want or expect details on the latest minutiae like bugs and exploits. There are specific sites for people who are interested in that. I've always enjoyed Blue's because it's a convenient high level view of the recent developments in gaming. Its easier to read when it isn't cluttered with news about bugs.

It isn't that bad yet, but I'm just hoping this isn't the start of a trend of reporting on non-newsworthy stuff, or worse, a deliberate attempt to start flame wars to get views. That is the Gawker way, the dark side of the gaming journalism Force.

Diablo III is one of the biggest shows/car crashes around at the moment, it's hard not to report on it particularly when most of things that reported (hacks, bugs, exploits) aren't supposed to be happening due to the glorious always online/stream from the server setup...

26. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:11 AngelicPenguin

shihonage wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 18:59:

DOES NOT EXIST.

I didn't think Alien 3 was THAT bad, although a pretty big letdown from the first 2. The CGI alien was especially egregious. Now Alien 4, THAT was bad. One of the worst movies I've ever spent money on in a theater.

25. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:08 Elricsi

I have never played a Diablo game, and I find these exploit and bug reports entertaining reading. If it was every stupid minor thing, then no, but an invulnerable wizard sounds neat.

P.S. I loved Torchlight and pre-ordered Torchlight 2. With my pre-order they give you a copy of T1. Anyone wants to try Torchlight, hit me up here and post your steam ID and I will friend you and send it.

24. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 19:03 RollinThundr

NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

With like a billion sales I think Diablo 3 would qualify as "extremely popular" despite the tendency for threads to get nasty. I have a feeling Blue is catering to what I suspect is the vast majority of visitors who never post at all and just scan the major websites for news.

EDIT: I just realized I posted in a Diablo 3 thread without saying anything bad about it or Actiblizz. To right that wrong let me say I find it hysterical that a game that was made online only because it would eliminate hacking has an official Hack Report Form on the Blizzard website. LMAO!

How many of those Billion sales are from WoW yearly sub free copies. I'm sure an honorable company like Blizzvision (/snicker) would never include those numbers in "sold copies"

23. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 18:59 shihonage

DOES NOT EXIST.

22. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 18:50 Luke

NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 17:37:

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

With like a billion sales I think Diablo 3 would qualify as "extremely popular" despite the tendency for threads to get nasty. I have a feeling Blue is catering to what I suspect is the vast majority of visitors who never post at all and just scan the major websites for news.

Yeah that could be. I just think we need to keep in mind this isn't a Diablo 3 fansite and people don't necessarily want or expect details on the latest minutiae like bugs and exploits. There are specific sites for people who are interested in that. I've always enjoyed Blue's because it's a convenient high level view of the recent developments in gaming. Its easier to read when it isn't cluttered with news about bugs.

It isn't that bad yet, but I'm just hoping this isn't the start of a trend of reporting on non-newsworthy stuff, or worse, a deliberate attempt to start flame wars to get views. That is the Gawker way, the dark side of the gaming journalism Force.

Does that incl positive news also ??

21. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:59 jacobvandy

Hmm, I wish I had leveled up a Wizard so I could try that, though I do have a lvl 60 Barbarian. On the other hand, I'd be concerned about them bringing down the banhammer on anybody they suspect of using such exploits. Unfortunately with the online requirement comes some insanely in-depth statistics and gameplay behavior tracking that they're surely sifting through all the time...  

20. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:48 AngelicPenguin

Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report? And why do you only cover Diablo 3 bugs? I try not to be that guy who goes "Why are you posting things I'm not personally interested in??" but in this case I think its just a matter of a threshold of newsworthiness that just isn't being met.

Check the comment counts on diablo 3 posts and you'll see a trend.

19. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:37 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

18. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 17:29 Prez

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 17:47.

- Mahatma Gandhi

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo