Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?

A thread on the Diablo III forums claims a new bug has been discovered to allow Barbarians to regain 8% of their HP per strike, followed by a fairly confusing debate over whether this is genuine, or trolling based on the recent Wizard bug/exploit (thanks Kotaku). Speaking of which, a post on the Diablo III forums has a more detailed response from Blizzard than the brief comment added to the story about the invulnerable wizard bug/exploit in the action/RPG sequel:

We are currently rolling out a hotfix for a recent bug regarding invulnerable Wizards. We will continue to carefully monitor this issue and welcome anyone with information about bugs or hacks to submit a detailed report to our Hacks Team by emailing hacks@blizzard.com, or by completing the Hacks Report web form. In your correspondence, please include any steps necessary to replicate the issue as well as any additional details you are able to provide.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 16:29 Luke

Cram wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 16:17:
Julio wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 15:54:
NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report?

Probably Blizzard trying to get everyone that quit to try D3 again. No idea why we need to see D3 bug news here.

I theorize this from Blue's perspective.

Phase 1: Post anything Diablo 3 related
Phase 2: Watch the thread explode, as is tradition. Have a chuckle.
Phase 3: Profit (more hits and ad revenue as people constantly revisit the site/thread to see if someone made a new post)

And what do ya think blizzi gets pr hit.....on there forum i guess even more that RMforblizzardAH so whats the prob here again ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 16:17 Cram

Julio wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 15:54:

Probably Blizzard trying to get everyone that quit to try D3 again. No idea why we need to see D3 bug news here.

I theorize this from Blue's perspective.

Phase 1: Post anything Diablo 3 related
Phase 2: Watch the thread explode, as is tradition. Have a chuckle.
Phase 3: Profit (more hits and ad revenue as people constantly revisit the site/thread to see if someone made a new post)

15. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 15:54 Julio

14. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 14:40 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 12:47:
For some reason your theory on companies making busywork for players (which does have some validity) reminds me of this guild post from a recruiting section about their Guild Wars 2 requirements.

Seriously. I've gotten jobs with less paperwork and requirements.

13. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 14:35 Wallshadows

MisterBenn wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 13:14:
Bloody hell I just looked inside the D3 general forum for the first time. There is a tidal wave of dissatisfaction in there! I know only the people who feel strongly tend to post but that was still pretty overwhelming.

Eh, it's always been like that. There's a saying that the forums are more entertaining than the game which I tend to agree with and have spent many evening both silently weeping for the human race all the way to laughing my ass off.

For every white knight there are ten more bashers and without a way to curb the posting privileges (like how you need a sub in wow to post on the general forums) it'll just keep getting worse even after those who post have stopped playing.

Then again, I fired up WoW for the first time since D3 released and did a LFR last night. I was greeted by the most unfortunate group in existence so I'm inclined to believe the Blizzard player base in general won't get any better.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

12. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 13:14 MisterBenn

Bloody hell I just looked inside the D3 general forum for the first time. There is a tidal wave of dissatisfaction in there! I know only the people who feel strongly tend to post but that was still pretty overwhelming.  

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

11. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 13:03 Luke

Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report? And why do you only cover Diablo 3 bugs? I try not to be that guy who goes "Why are you posting things I'm not personally interested in??" but in this case I think its just a matter of a threshold of newsworthiness that just isn't being met.

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

Because this pos is one big BUG there are nada else to tell about it nada

10. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:47 Verno

deqer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 12:36:
That's how games are supposed to be. That's how games used to be.

But now corps want revenge on us for playing their old games for so many years and corps not making money off that.

Their revenge is to build games differently. Build games with timesinks and mechanics that are configured and scaled intentionally for the sole purpose to have you spend more time/money on it.

They simply just need to find the fine line between unrealistic and realistic, and unfortunately that fine line is quite under the unrealistic end; unfortunately people/kids don't realize this--they are brainwashed to think that this these timesinks/mechanics are normal, and continue to support this by buying/playing the game.

For some reason your theory on companies making busywork for players (which does have some validity) reminds me of this guild post from a recruiting section about their Guild Wars 2 requirements.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

9. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:45 wonkawonka

deqer wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 12:36:
Their revenge is to build games differently. Build games with timesinks and mechanics that are configured and scaled intentionally for the sole purpose to have you spend more time/money on it.

No. The problem is the whole "social" thing. They want to have a trading marketplace, where some people are regular players and other are insane fanatics. So they have to scale everything for fanatics, and it alienates everyone else.

8. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:36 deqer

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:01:
It actually felt like a Diablo game in a sense that you didn't spend all your time kiting the shit out of mobs and feel like you'll shatter if they look at you funny.
That's how games are supposed to be. That's how games used to be.

But now corps want revenge on us for playing their old games for so many years and corps not making money off that.

They simply just need to find the fine line between unrealistic and realistic, and unfortunately that fine line is quite under the unrealistic end; unfortunately people/kids don't realize this--they are brainwashed to think that this these timesinks/mechanics are normal, and continue to support this by buying/playing the game.

7. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:18 RollinThundr

shinchan0s wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 12:16:
Love how all the fanboys immediately declare it fake within 5 seconds of the original post without doing any research or trying it themselves. I doubt they all even still play D3 anymore and just white knight Blizzard all day.

White Knighting Blizzard is a full time job these days.

6. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:16 shinchan0s

Love how all the fanboys immediately declare it fake within 5 seconds of the original post without doing any research or trying it themselves. I doubt they all even still play D3 anymore and just white knight Blizzard all day.  

5. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:50 Mr. Tact

That video of the barb bug is pretty awesome, just running through mobs causes 500-600k damage.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:36 Beamer

Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report? And why do you only cover Diablo 3 bugs? I try not to be that guy who goes "Why are you posting things I'm not personally interested in??" but in this case I think its just a matter of a threshold of newsworthiness that just isn't being met.

If this was an extremely popular title here I could understand more coverage, but in fact the game is quite hated and no longer played by the Blues crew for the most part.

But it is a guaranteed "Popular Thread."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:03 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:01:
I tried this Wizard exploit last night and, as bad as it sounds, it was actually one of the more enjoyable moments I've had with the game in some time. It actually felt like a Diablo game in a sense that you didn't spend all your time kiting the shit out of mobs and feel like you'll shatter if they look at you funny.

As for the barb exploit, here's a video.

Haha that's exactly what a friend of mine said. He sent me a steam message saying how great it was that he could actually kill champion Inferno packs without a tedious 5 minute kiting affair. I'm sure it would have gotten boring quickly but oh well.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

2. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:03 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:01 Wallshadows

I tried this Wizard exploit last night and, as bad as it sounds, it was actually one of the more enjoyable moments I've had with the game in some time. It actually felt like a Diablo game in a sense that you didn't spend all your time kiting the shit out of mobs and feel like you'll shatter if they look at you funny.

As for the barb exploit, here's a video. From my own testing, I can't get it to work though.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 11:23.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo