Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2012, 08:23 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 15:19:
Yeah I meant defense against those neighborhood/police watch drones microwave bursts fry electronics, but you are right, you could plot survey drones through a city at irregular intervals and paths and have them fly around and tag and report any weird movements. They wouldn't even need to really be doing much else but this, if they spot movements at a home that is registered as vacant and the owner is currently not at home and isn't reported to be home they could follow those people back to their car and follow the car and the criminals back to wherever they live tag that, and police would just need to move in when they sleep. Burglars would need to either become heavily (i mean in terms of technology) savvy to take down these drones or they would have to give up.

Heck, you could rig drones with various devices so they could disable cars.. you would never again need a human in a car chase, just a drone carrier (preferable one that's flying).

Personally, I think if that becomes the standard I would mount drone tracking and defenses (directed signal distortion with a simple targeting AI) on my roof
Ahh yeah was afraid I misunderstood your meaning. Good clarification. I figured the microwaves could go both ways.

The drones will end up with counter-counter-counter-counter-countermeasures

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2012, 16:48 Eirikrautha

This is the problem with modern illiteracy. Hardly anyone under 30 reads anymore, so no one has read Orwell's 1984. Except those folks who are using it as a guidebook... Evil

*insert obligatory "To Serve Man"... "It's a cookbook!" reference here*

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2012, 15:19 eRe4s3r

Yeah I meant defense against those neighborhood/police watch drones microwave bursts fry electronics, but you are right, you could plot survey drones through a city at irregular intervals and paths and have them fly around and tag and report any weird movements. They wouldn't even need to really be doing much else but this, if they spot movements at a home that is registered as vacant and the owner is currently not at home and isn't reported to be home they could follow those people back to their car and follow the car and the criminals back to wherever they live tag that, and police would just need to move in when they sleep. Burglars would need to either become heavily (i mean in terms of technology) savvy to take down these drones or they would have to give up.

Heck, you could rig drones with various devices so they could disable cars.. you would never again need a human in a car chase, just a drone carrier (preferable one that's flying).

Personally, I think if that becomes the standard I would mount drone tracking and defenses (directed signal distortion with a simple targeting AI) on my roof

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2012, 12:38 Bet

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 11:46:
Just a matter of time until we have home based drone defense systems. Because all you need to take one down is a directed high energy mircrowave burst

And some short range method to properly track and aim, of course ;p
Neighborhood Watch will never be the same. And easier than ever!

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2012, 12:35 Jim

FPV quadricopters are becoming quite popular in the hobbyist market. These are essentially "personal drones." I'd love to get one, not that I want to use it to spy on someone, but they give a unique perspective to familiar surroundings and would be fun to take on trips to exotic locations. (Look at Team Blacksheep on Yourube or do a Youtube search for "TBS Discovery".)  
Jim

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2012, 11:46 eRe4s3r

Just a matter of time until we have home based drone defense systems. Because all you need to take one down is a directed high energy mircrowave burst

And some short range method to properly track and aim, of course ;p

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2012, 12:11.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo