Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the 10 bestselling titles on Steam for the past week:

1. Arma II
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
  4. The Walking Dread
  5. Batman: Arkham City Franchise
  6. Age of Empires III Complete
  7. The Witcher: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  8. Grand Theft Auto Complete Package
  9. Batman: Arkham City
  10. Civilization V: Gods & Kings

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

64. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2012, 00:58 xornand

DayZ is soooooooooooooooo overrated.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 14:49 DeadlyAccurate

I've been working to finish up games I bought last sale to make room for the three dozen+ games now sitting in my Unplayed category. Finally finished CostumeQuest and Bastion and about to finish LIMBO.

So far my best deal: Terraria for $2.49, and I've already played 28 hours. I suspect I'll put in another 30 or more before I'm finally tired of it.

I'm on a game purchase moratorium for a while.

62. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 14:35 Dev

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 14:02:
I finished by purchasing Spaze Pirates & Zombies (or whatever.) Any opinions on that? Is it fun?
I quite enjoyed it. Its got upgrades, spaceships, sci-fi, all my favorite stuff. Its got a little Space Rangers flavor in a few things.

One tip I'll give though, don't be afraid to upset the factions inside a star system, it doesn't carry over into other star systems (and there's a reasonable game explanation for that).

61. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 14:24 El Pit

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 14:02:
I finished by purchasing Spaze Pirates & Zombies (or whatever.) Any opinions on that? Is it fun?

It's an okay little game, but quite repetitive.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

60. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 14:02 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

59. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 13:38 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 12:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 12:17:
Linksil wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 11:33:
Vote this morning (23rd) Then got the badge. Some people getting it today some yesterday.

I dont have an option to vote today, voted last night. I know I voted everyday - sent in a ticket - no badge.

Looking at the steam community thread, it looks like you're not the only one...

Yea, not a big deal - but made sure I was active for the whole sale, spent 119.xx bucks.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

58. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 12:46 El Pit

Must... resist... the... urge... to... buy... MORE GAMES!

No, really, I think I can wait for Max Payne 3 and Skyrim to be sold for $20 or less. Actually, I got enough games now for the next couple of years.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

57. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 12:21 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 12:17:
Vote this morning (23rd) Then got the badge. Some people getting it today some yesterday.

I dont have an option to vote today, voted last night. I know I voted everyday - sent in a ticket - no badge.

Looking at the steam community thread, it looks like you're not the only one...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

56. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 12:17 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

55. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 12:02 Dev

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 08:42:
there were so many days of repeats that I eventually stopped checking.
If you checked ONLY the daily sales (not the flash and voting ones) then there weren't really any repeats.

The entire point of the voting and flash sales was that they WERE repeats of items in the dailies. To give people a chance to go back and get things they missed, or previews of items yet to come in dailies.

54. Re: Last day? Jul 23, 2012, 11:34 Linksil

Fion wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 19:19:
I'm pissed, today is the last day and they still haven't had a Gods & Kings flash sale. I was really hoping for one. I spose I could pick it up for $25 but I'd love to get it for less.

It was on flash sale twice. It went 25% off instead of the normal 10%, so it was like $22 instead of $26.

I spent way too much, then again I didn't buy any games the last two sales. So I was making up for lost time and losing more in the future...

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

53. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 11:33 Linksil

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

52. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 09:54 JayDeath

I won't bore you with my list but I bought 8 games and spent $125.72. I was very pleased with the summer sale. The flash sales were very cool....and costly. Ha!  
Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

51. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 08:58 nin

No more voting...almost sad it's over. But my wallet sure isn't.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 08:42 Verno

I was pretty conservative, I only spent about $40. I think unfortunately with the usual EA titles not on Steam it does hurt the sale variety, there were so many days of repeats that I eventually stopped checking.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2012, 05:00 DangerDog

I have way too many games I haven't had time to play but I did pick up Trine 2 and the two Star Wars Unleashed games.

48. Re: Last day? Jul 23, 2012, 03:16 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 02:37:
They could, yes. As to why they don't, I'm not sure. Maybe they don't think the games will be profitable enough to warrant licensing another song or paying someone to create a new one.
Or they could just grab a creative commons one that allows commercial stuff, lol.

47. Re: Last day? Jul 23, 2012, 02:37 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 01:34:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:47:
I know one of the levels in Contracts plays licensed music that Eidos/Square apparently lost the license to. Pandora Tomorrow probably has the same issue.
Maybe they should like PAY some money to relicense it so we can throw money at them? lol

They could just remove/replace the music in question. Thats not uncommon on dvd releases of TV shows.

They could, yes. As to why they don't, I'm not sure. Maybe they don't think the games will be profitable enough to warrant licensing another song or paying someone to create a new one.

46. Re: Last day? Jul 23, 2012, 01:34 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 00:47:
I know one of the levels in Contracts plays licensed music that Eidos/Square apparently lost the license to. Pandora Tomorrow probably has the same issue.
Maybe they should like PAY some money to relicense it so we can throw money at them? lol

They could just remove/replace the music in question. Thats not uncommon on dvd releases of TV shows.

45. Re: Last day? Jul 23, 2012, 01:23 zombiefan

Final damage total:
Alan Wake pack
Saints Row 3 Franchise
The Walking Dead
Back to the Future
Age of Empires III complete
Fallout 3 New Vegas (birthday present for a friend)

$77

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo