Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I have another of my little homemade schemes in the works, as I've been thinking about trying to make pickles ever since MrsBlue and I saw some baby cucumbers at the market a while back. She convinced me to figure out what was involved before doing this, which was a good call, since pickling salt is a specialty item I needed for the process. As of today, I think I am set, as I have my salt, a wad of dill, and a pile of warty cukes ready for the brine. I'm looking forward to trying this, though there will be some suspense involved, as it will be several weeks before they are ready to eat.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: MoonType: Episode 2.
Bionic Sons.
Links: 17 Ways You'd Abuse Video Game Powers in Real Life.
Pencil Vs Camera. Thanks Neatorama where they have video.
The 8 Worst People at Your Barbecue.
Stories: One Day Later, Colorado Shooting Survivor Takes Back the Night.
Media: The Man Of Steel (2013) Teaser. Thanks nin.
Dog Plays with the Hose.
C-17 Lands At Wrong Airport In Tampa.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
EXTRALIFE.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2012, 08:47 Pankin

Blue's Pickle Barrel Ass

(dumb Jerky Boys reference)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2012, 05:50 Dev

I've made pickles before. The spices you choose has a great effect on how they taste. They WONT taste like store bought. If you do a good job though, they may taste better

Edit:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 16:07:
Required viewing for pickle making perfection?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1l0NKF7VxI
Hmm, I made vinegar cured, that video link looks like an interesting way to do it with brine, now I want to try that way too lol
And he has some interesting things to try with pickles, such as the fried pickle and the sweet pickle.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2012, 06:11.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 22:19 nin

Did you replace your browser? Make sure, in addition to being logged in, that on the page where you make a post, the "Remember Me" check mark is checked. I've had that issue once or twice when upgrading/reloading...

IE, you can tell FF to remember your password for posting, and it will, but the site needs the Remember Me checked to filter.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 22:15 Cutter

What happened to the ignore function? Now I'm having to see all the usual trolls and tools I don't want to see.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 22:03 Narf2029

Jerykk wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 15:45:
Give the average person incredible power and they'll inevitably become corrupted by it, doing whatever they want because nobody can stop them.

http://www.superdickery.com/

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 19:47 PHJF

Superman? I'd agree, except it's from Zack Snyder, who's last movie was Stupid Punch. So I'm not holding my breath...

They were quite obvious in not mentioning that in the teaser:

From Zach Snyder, director of Watchmen and 300!

Batman was... OK. Not quite as precipitous a fall as Spider-Man 3 was, but it was definitely not up to Dark Knight snuff. And it was waaayyyy tooooo lloooonnnggg.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 18:48 nin

It'll be good. Bank on it. The following two will get subsequently worse however because that's how Hollywood works.

Superman? I'd agree, except it's from Zack Snyder, who's last movie was Stupid Punch. So I'm not holding my breath...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 18:23 Kitkoan

Acleacius wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 17:43:
Blue you should go for homemade Kimchi or Sauerkraut. They are great additions to grilled meats and vegetables and have amazing health benefits, since they are fermented.

When I go for Korean Barbeque the side dishes are always a perfect complement to the grilled dishes.

Mmmmmm.... I now want real Korean bbq now, with things like sesame leaf...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 17:43 Acleacius

Blue you should go for homemade Kimchi or Sauerkraut. They are great additions to grilled meats and vegetables and have amazing health benefits, since they are fermented.

When I go for Korean Barbeque the side dishes are always a perfect complement to the grilled dishes.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 17:29 The Half Elf

There are 2 teaser trailers. 1 with John Kent's voiceover and another with Jor'El's voiceover.

Youtube has one (that Blue linked) VideoSift has the other.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 17:16 Cutter

It'll be good. Bank on it. The following two will get subsequently worse however because that's how Hollywood works.

And yes, that Alton Brown episode on pickling is fantastic.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: myths Jul 22, 2012, 17:06 Jerykk

space captain wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 16:23:
The new Superman movie looks like it might actually be good. Hopefully it will explore the moral dilemma that he constantly faces. That is, the conflict between his god-like powers and the moral code his father instilled in him. Give the average person incredible power and they'll inevitably become corrupted by it, doing whatever they want because nobody can stop them. Seeing how Superman copes with this temptation is what makes him interesting but none of the movies have really dealt with this.

for one thing, hes not human..

Exactly. He was raised as a human but his abilities make it difficult for him to actually feel like one or identify with actual humans. The teaser trailer suggests that he's trying to live a life of solitude, which makes sense. The more he sees the frailty of others, the less human he feels.

4. myths Jul 22, 2012, 16:23 space captain

The new Superman movie looks like it might actually be good. Hopefully it will explore the moral dilemma that he constantly faces. That is, the conflict between his god-like powers and the moral code his father instilled in him. Give the average person incredible power and they'll inevitably become corrupted by it, doing whatever they want because nobody can stop them. Seeing how Superman copes with this temptation is what makes him interesting but none of the movies have really dealt with this.

for one thing, hes not human..

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 16:07 DangerDog

Required viewing for pickle making perfection?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1l0NKF7VxI

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 15:45 Jerykk

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 14:44 nin

Dog Plays with the Hose.

"FUCK YOU HOSE!!! I WILL KICK YOUR ASS! OH GOD! OH GOD!!!! IT'S WET!!!!"

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo