Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements

Blizzard now offers patch notes for a version 5.0.4 update for World of Warcraft that's now live on the PTR for their MMORPG. This includes an explanation that "PTR testing is restricted to World of Warcraft game accounts that do not have access to the Mists of Pandaria beta test," and this page has more details on this limitation. The new version includes the typical round of balance changes as well as new features like BattleTag support, AOE looting, a new "Attack on Theramore Isle" world event, and account-wide achievements, pets, and mounts, as explained here.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 22, 2012, 11:20 Ray Marden

In my opinion, the voice acting is okay, though nothing spectacular. It works in a lot of cases, but the player voices do not seem to always fit the characters I have made and quite a few seem devoid of any real passion.

Meanwhile, I have spent more time in this GW2 beta than I have in WoW through all of the past month so take that as you will. It seems like a fairly good game, especially for the one-time purchase price, but I still feel like there are a number of small items/quirks/rough edges that hold it back from being a really great game. I am definitely tired of WoW and Blizzard's laziness and contempt for its customers, but they really have nailed down the control of the characters and presentation of the world.
Rough camera controls, choppy animations, limited interface, etc.
Fairly certain my main character will be an Asura,
Ray

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2012, 12:11.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 22, 2012, 08:50 Wallshadows

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 23:58:
What? Patrick Warburton, Nolan North, Steve Blum, Felicia Day, etc. I haven't heard any really awful voice acting in the game, and most of it is really good.

I dunno, maybe it's just the Norn Warrior story but the dialogue feels forced at times and sounds more like someone reading a script rather than put emotion in to it at times.

Just an annoyance though and doesn't take anything away from the game for me.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

16. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 22, 2012, 02:13 Dades

Alamar wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 23:48:
I may be pretty damned disappointed with the game, but their support (I'm assuming the other 99.999% of it is the same) was good... Processed my refund request in 3 minutes flat... No muss, no fuss...

Blizzard is pretty good about that too, many people got fast refunds for the years biggest disappointment.

15. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 23:58 Agent.X7

The voice acting is mind-blowingly terrible though.

What? Patrick Warburton, Nolan North, Steve Blum, Felicia Day, etc. I haven't heard any really awful voice acting in the game, and most of it is really good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 23:48 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:19:
In other news, the Guild Wars 2 beta is alright.

I may be pretty damned disappointed with the game, but their support (I'm assuming the other 99.999% of it is the same) was good... Processed my refund request in 3 minutes flat... No muss, no fuss...

-Alamar

13. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 23:01 nin

I spent a good chunk of the weekend playing with my brother, performance was drastically improved and my GPU was running full tilt.

Excellent, thanks!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 22:58 Dades

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:43:

Is it finally rendering using the video card and not CPU usage? They pick the worse weekends, as once again, I missed out this time.

I spent a good chunk of the weekend playing with my brother, performance was drastically improved and my GPU was running full tilt. GW2 is a lot of fun, they rebalanced some of the events and added a lot more content. Guardian and Mesmer got some love too. I really like this game, it never feels like you're grinding due to the organic way the events unfold, the combat feels good and there is a lot of customization options. This is how streamlining should be, leaving whats important while not removing all depth.

11. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 22:54 Cutter

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:43:

Is it finally rendering using the video card and not CPU usage? They pick the worse weekends, as once again, I missed out this time.

You and me both. Grr. it really is dumb not to have a few more seeing as launch is still over a month away.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 22:43 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 22:28 rist3903

The last time I played the only thing that interested me was pvp, and I started getting disconnected from battlegrounds multiple times a game. Having to put the authenticator number every time was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I am sure they made it so that you don't have to put in the number every time now like it is with d3, but that ungulate will never walk again.

8. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 19:35 Muscular Beaver

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 19:00:
Gonna pop back in, play a Monk, and do the normal mode raids then quit again, that's about all I can take of the WoW style of MMO. There just isn't an MMO out there currently that offers what I want these days. Plus being in the middle of moving across the country, getting a new job, and so on is not conducive to gaming playtime.

Been doing that for every expansion now. But after Cata I really dont feel like it anymore. I really cant imagine myself playing in some asian panda world with all the crap that was done to WoW with Cata.
I miss PvP, yeah, but when thinking about how they castrated my druid, I lose all will to try it again.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 19:19 Wallshadows

It took me a while to get in to it and the crafting system is a little weird but it feels as though once you get used to the combat and become aware of events, the leveling process is very forgiving and really quick. I'm in the second zone now and you can basically grind levels off the nearby Meatoberfest events since there are four or five directly outside of town with minimal effort.

The world/zone events, on the other hand, are some of the most epic events I have seen in a mmo since the Dragons of Nightmare in WoW though and are pretty amazing. The shear amount of players in an zone simply converge on to one event and it gets crazy.

It still has that quality which struck me in the first GW though. I don't know if it's the animation or art style but there is something which feels 'off' about the game in the most subtle way.

The voice acting is mind-blowingly terrible though.

Back on topic, I'm more interested in the mounts. Achievements aren't even aesthetic and as long as you have them on one characters, you can armory it. Mounts, on the other hand, will be a huge welcome if I were to boot up MoP because it means I will be able to use my Swift Zulian Tiger on a character I actually play!

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

6. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 19:00 NKD

Gonna pop back in, play a Monk, and do the normal mode raids then quit again, that's about all I can take of the WoW style of MMO. There just isn't an MMO out there currently that offers what I want these days. Plus being in the middle of moving across the country, getting a new job, and so on is not conducive to gaming playtime.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

5. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 17:08 Illumin

I think they should change the name from "WoW" to "Yawn"

4. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 16:36 RailWizard

The new version includes the typical round of balance changes

This is why you fail.

Also: Stupid cutesy doped up bear-wannabe monks.

3. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 14:59 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:41:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:33:
Too bad I don't play WoW anymore. Maybe for a couple months when MoP releases I will care.
You know, I had been think along those lines, but now 10 months after getting out I really can't see myself getting back in. Although, I have to admit if my guild was still going strong it might be a different story. But without all those people I spent hundreds (thousands?) of hours playing the game with? Not going to happen.

Hehe, yeah. My guild leader stepped down and the new douche booted me for not being active, so I don't have too much incentive either, other than checking out the new stuff. If I am swamped at the store or invested in other games, I might not even get the new expansion.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 13:41 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:33:
Too bad I don't play WoW anymore. Maybe for a couple months when MoP releases I will care.
You know, I had been think along those lines, but now 10 months after getting out I really can't see myself getting back in. Although, I have to admit if my guild was still going strong it might be a different story. But without all those people I spent hundreds (thousands?) of hours playing the game with? Not going to happen.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 13:33 Agent.X7

They figured out how to do it in DIII, so they are FINALLY getting it for WoW. Too bad I don't play WoW anymore. Maybe for a couple months when MoP releases I will care.

Or maybe I will be too busy playing GW2.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo