Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Going to run out and frolic while it's so nice out. This week was rainy, and it's supposed to be hot again next week, but today is just perfect around here (apparently this makes us the lucky ones, as there are severe thunderstorm warnings for much of the country). We just can't stray too far, as we have to pick up MrsBlue's car after an oil change. Guess we need to consult the weather before making such appointments.

Appointed Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Intruder Combat Training.
Slimes Cake Quest.
Links: My newly constructed battlemech cockpit. Thanks Miscreant.
69 Politicians As They Were In High School. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Baffling Science Hoaxes: Why Did We Believe in the Tongue Map?
Media: This Guy Transformed his Bedroom into a 90's Time Capsule. NSFW.
How to Put a Straw in a Coke Glass. Guess I've been doing it wrong.
Craig Don't Care.
Follow-up: Helping Aurora.
72-Year-Old Voiceover Actor Fired From PBS After Being Arrested For Lewd Acts. Thanks Digg.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 21:56 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 19:04:
Didn't have it, voted just now, got it.

? Didn't get it.....and I have all the others....there is NO WAY I missed a day....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 19:04 nin

Didn't have it, voted just now, got it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 17:10 Sepharo

I got mine.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 15:04 Bet

If they don't award it, it could be a joke on how useless voting is in the real world!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 14:12 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 13:53:
Did anyone get their "vote everyday" steam meta badge...

Not yet...I'm hoping we get it when we vote on the next one, IE after 12PM, since I'm guessing that's when a day starts for valve...otherwise I'm going to be pissed, as I'm pretty sure I hit it every day.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 13:53 xXBatmanXx

Did anyone get their "vote everyday" steam meta badge...  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 11:53 nin

Eh, I emailed Blue and asked if he could run it today. It's a long shot (80K in 15 hours), but I thought everyone had heard about it...

If the thing wasn't so damn pretty and actually working (there's a beta client on the page) I'd write it off, but it looks pretty damn functional...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 10:28 Dades

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:46:
Speaking of kickstarters, it looks like (once again) Skyjacker won't make it's goal. Very sad. People say they want a game like TIE Fighter or Freespace, and it looks good, but not enough people show up.

I think this is just an issue with them getting the word out. I didn't even know it existed until I read your post, kicked in $100 because it sounds exactly like the kind of game I love.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 07:47 Mr. Tact

Hadn't previously heard of the "Tongue Map" -- dismissing Pluto as a planet is pretty easy if you spend a little time learning about different planetary objects. Astronomy has been turned upside down and side ways in the last 100 years.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 06:15 Bet

Geez I remember being taught that tongue map in grade school. Harder to dismiss that than to accept Pluto as a non-planet.

Evochron Mercenary is pretty great if you like the premise, especially for that price.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 03:02 mag

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:46:
Speaking of kickstarters, it looks like (once again) Skyjacker won't make it's goal. Very sad. People say they want a game like TIE Fighter or Freespace, and it looks good, but not enough people show up.

Never heard of it until now. Looks neat. But a big thing about Wing Commander/Tie Fighter/Freespace was that there were campaigns to follow through (good or bad). The story was a big part of the game for me.

Flying around aimlessly being a space pirate would be fun for a while, but I can only spend so much time punching out guards in Oblivion or driving down pedestrians in GTA before I get bored.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 22:46 nin

Sorry if it's redundant but there's a Defense Grid 2 kickstarter project up

Saw Batman today...it was ok. A good conclusion to the trilogy, but the previous film (IMO) still stands a bit taller than the other two.

Looks like Digg will try and reinvent itself.

Saw that. Ugh. I can only imagine what it will look like next.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 19:40 Wallshadows

Looks like Digg will try and reinvent itself.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 19:39 Silicon Avatar

The battlemech cockpit is pretty cool.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 17:52 killer_roach

Sepharo wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:33:
"72-Year-Old Voiceover Actor Fired From PBS After Being Arrested For Lewd Acts."

What a weird headline and article... Nameless voiceover actor from PBS? Why not Fred Willard from films like Anchorman, Wall-E, and a thousand other comedy movies and tv shows.

There was probably nothing else that he was able to be fired from, but the point is taken on the nameless aspect of it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 16:50 jimnms

jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 15:15:
EEvochron Mercenary on sale. Any good? There has been such a dearth of space sims for the past decade or so.

I've been kind of interested in this too. It has a time limited demo (90 min), but it's not enough time to get an idea if this is the kind of game I'll stick with for a long time or get tired of after a few days.

Steam Profile

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 15:15 jdreyer

EEvochron Mercenary on sale. Any good? There has been such a dearth of space sims for the past decade or so.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 14:16 DNForever

Sorry if it's redundant but there's a Defense Grid 2 kickstarter project up - I only gave $10 but that's 10 more than they had before!!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 13:33 Sepharo

"72-Year-Old Voiceover Actor Fired From PBS After Being Arrested For Lewd Acts."

What a weird headline and article... Nameless voiceover actor from PBS? Why not Fred Willard from films like Anchorman, Wall-E, and a thousand other comedy movies and tv shows.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo