Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Day Nine

Steam summer sale day nine. Here are the new daily specials:

• Civilization Collection on Steam. Save 82%.
  • Crysis Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Driver San Francisco on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dungeon Defenders on Steam. Save 75%.
  • F.E.A.R. 3 on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Indie Bundle IX on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Magicka on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - GOTY on Steam. Save 75%.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 21, 2012, 05:23 Ratty

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:10:
Ahh, got it. It would be slightly more likely that I might one day make use of them if any old card bought anywhere would do. As it is, I don't ever see myself walking into a Gamestop. All the kids would think "The old man must be lost!"
So funny. That's EXACTLY how I feel when I go there too!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 21, 2012, 00:31 Dev

killer_roach wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 23:15:
I get that with my credit card when I buy stuff from Green Man Gaming.
I can understand with them. They are based in UK and aren't nearly as big as valve.
nin wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 23:47:
I had a freeze once where I had to call in and verify charges...something along the lines of:

phone dork: One charge from Val-Vey?
me: Who?
phone dork: Val-Vey.
me: <pause, before it clicks> You mean "valve"?
phone dork: Yes.

LOL!
He musta thought it was some exclusive upper scale french company. Because no company would be named something so mundane as valve

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 23:47 nin

killer_roach wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 23:15:
Dev wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 22:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 20:20:
Actually Chase put a 'flag' on my account because my spending suddenly changed and they had to review my account for theft. And by spending suddenly changed, I mean not a damn thing that I haven't purchased over and over again for 3 1/2 years with exception of Tickets from Fandango.

I have a friend like that. Almost EVERY SINGLE steam purchase that happens they block his credit card after it. He unlocks it, tells them "yes, I do get things from steam" then its ok... until the next steam purchase. He's had to use paypal to get around his bank screwing it up. Apparently they are ok with random paypal purchases but not steam. His bank also blames visa and says there's nothing they can do. I'm pretty sure that fraud sensitivity is up to the individual banks.

I had a freeze once where I had to call in and verify charges...something along the lines of:

phone dork: One charge from Val-Vey?
me: Who?
phone dork: Val-Vey.
me: <pause, before it clicks> You mean "valve"?
phone dork: Yes.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 23:15 killer_roach

Dev wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 22:26:
Actually Chase put a 'flag' on my account because my spending suddenly changed and they had to review my account for theft. And by spending suddenly changed, I mean not a damn thing that I haven't purchased over and over again for 3 1/2 years with exception of Tickets from Fandango.

I have a friend like that. Almost EVERY SINGLE steam purchase that happens they block his credit card after it. He unlocks it, tells them "yes, I do get things from steam" then its ok... until the next steam purchase. He's had to use paypal to get around his bank screwing it up. Apparently they are ok with random paypal purchases but not steam. His bank also blames visa and says there's nothing they can do. I'm pretty sure that fraud sensitivity is up to the individual banks.

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 22:26 Dev

29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 21:42 Prez

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 21:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:44:
lol@"bank screw up" --> You guys either need to dump your expensive girlfriends or get jobs where you actually get paid el dinero and los dolares and shit.

"Bank screw up". BAHAHA. maJ0r LULZ. What a dumb excuse. It's almost like "Look, honey, Sally was just trying on that new dress when I came out of the shower, tripped over the carpet and accidentally landed on top of her. Honestly. I swear. I wouldn't lie to you, honey, now would I?"...

Consider yourself lucky that your bank hasn't screwed up before (yes it happens). Also be less of a jerk.

You DO know who you are talking to, right?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 21:19 sauron

It's almost like "Look, honey, Sally was just trying on that new dress when I came out of the shower, tripped over the carpet and accidentally landed on top of her.

Come back when you know what a girlfriend actually looks like and/or are old enough to have a bank account (mom's credit card doesn't count).

Anyone have any feedback on Magicka? I heard it's pretty good.

Kittens!

27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 21:01 NegaDeath

lol@"bank screw up" --> You guys either need to dump your expensive girlfriends or get jobs where you actually get paid el dinero and los dolares and shit.

"Bank screw up". BAHAHA. maJ0r LULZ. What a dumb excuse. It's almost like "Look, honey, Sally was just trying on that new dress when I came out of the shower, tripped over the carpet and accidentally landed on top of her. Honestly. I swear. I wouldn't lie to you, honey, now would I?"...

Consider yourself lucky that your bank hasn't screwed up before (yes it happens). Also be less of a jerk.

26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 20:27 Cutter

All I know is we better see a good sale on ARMA II CO in the next 2 days or I'll be a tad miffed. Sigh, I won't even really get to check out the GW2 beta this weekend as I'm working like a dog atm.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

25. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 20:20 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 19:56 nin

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 19:22:
My hatred of Ubisoft's DRM butted up against my desire for Driver:SF, but fortunately, reading up on their DRM kept me in check.

I felt the same, but after watching the WTF video, I went the other way...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 19:22 DeadlyAccurate

My hatred of Ubisoft's DRM butted up against my desire for Driver:SF, but fortunately, reading up on their DRM kept me in check.  

22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 19:21 Morgan19

Should I get RO2?

I picked it up and spent a good hour+ earlier today trying to get it to launch-- as it stands now first it crashes, then I have to manually cancel the RO.exe via task manager, then wait a minute or two, then it finally decides to launch. Every single time.

In-game I wasted more time trying to figure out stuff like why none of the menu options were showing up (they were literally completely invisble) and dealing with crappy popping/cracking issues with sounds.

I was expecting it to be a lot more polished by now, but apparently I was thinking too logically. Maybe others have had a different experience, but I wouldn't recommend it.

21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 19:16 Elricsi

I believe the Driver:SF check is every time you start up. Not so bad if you already have a Ubisoft account, but if you have gone this long without signing up for any Ubisoft crap, why start now? Game is interesting, and Yahtzee even liked it.

Should I get RO2?

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:54 killer_roach

Got ITSP as a gift for a couple of friends. That price made it a no-brainer.  

19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:44 CJ_Parker

18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:31 Dev

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 17:30:
nin wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 17:09:

Maybe you can use my backup plan: Raid lamestop for Steam Wallet cards.

Does it have to be a specific Gamestop gift card or will any one do? I will probably never use one but I'm just curious because every supermarket around me sells Gamestop cards. Would any of those work for adding funds to your "Steam Wallet?"

I believe you can take any gamestop gift card from supermarket into gamestop. Then use that card inside the gamestop store to buy steam wallet funds.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/steam-cards

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:27 sauron

I wonder why no Mass Effect games have been part of the daily/flash sales? Dragon Age showed up yesterday - same developer and publisher (and I grabbed it instantly).

I have ME2 (just started, it's great!) and was hoping to pick up ME1. It's currently at 50% ($10) but hasn't shown up as a daily special or anything.

I guess $10 is still a good price - will just pick it up for that.

Kittens!

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:23 Techie714 ©

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:10:
Ahh, got it. It would be slightly more likely that I might one day make use of them if any old card bought anywhere would do. As it is, I don't ever see myself walking into a Gamestop. All the kids would think "The old man must be lost!"

LMAO!! Prez cracks me up sometimes!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day Nine Jul 20, 2012, 18:10 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo