Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears

Here is Ubisoft's sales report for their fiscal 2012-2013 first quarter. They declare sales of 131 million (USD $160M), which is higher than they had projected and a full 27% improvement over the same period last year. In detail they explain that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier has outperformed expectations, and while they saw a decline in back catalog sales, this was in part offset by growth in online back-catalog sales. They say their future plans involve "the arrival of the new generation of consoles and the ramp-up of the Free-to-Play segment," and also outline a new loan agreement that covers the next five years. There is also word in there to expect open beta testing of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online this quarter.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 22:08 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 21:55:
Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:00:
ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:25:
100% accurate.
brb buildin a snowman in hell

Let me help you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 21:55 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:00:
100% accurate.
brb buildin a snowman in hell

14. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 19:31 Closed Betas

Lies, their money came from the beta of TrackMania that they bought and and might I say ruined it. All sales based off the history of Trackmania fans wanting new content.. Too bad IMO, they pretty much destroyed it and the community before retail release

13. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 17:45 space captain

fascinating  
Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 16:23 Beamer

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:16:
" this was in part offset by growth in online back-catalog sales"

AKA selling our older games DRM-Free on GoG made a lot more money then we thought but don't want to admit it since we keep pushing more and more DRM down our customers throats for our newer games, meaning it might not a good business plan for the long term.

Do you really think that came mostly from GoG? I'd wager the Steam titles outearned the GoG titles exponentially.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 16:16 Kitkoan

" this was in part offset by growth in online back-catalog sales"

AKA selling our older games DRM-Free on GoG made a lot more money then we thought but don't want to admit it since we keep pushing more and more DRM down our customers throats for our newer games, meaning it might not a good business plan for the long term.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

10. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 16:00 Beamer

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:
Yeah, they're hiding something. You don't put out a press release stating only "earnings and sales" at the end of your financial quarter... I'm looking through the investor section of their site and they have no legitimate report posted since the end of FY2012 in May. They probably only give it out if you fill out that form to request one mailed to you.

Well investors are legally entitled to receive a fully detailed earning report so I don't think they have anything to hide. However it makes all these sales press releases meaningless. Sales may rise but if costs rise higher than sales than having a net loss has more impact than rising sales.

100% accurate.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 15:49 Axis

/sarcasm

I wish Ubisoft would make tougher DRM. People waste their network traffic downloading ubisoft cracked games only to realize the game is complete garbage... shame of wasted bandwidth, increase drm please!

Yours truly,

Axis

8. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 15:25 ASeven

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:19:
Yeah, they're hiding something. You don't put out a press release stating only "earnings and sales" at the end of your financial quarter... I'm looking through the investor section of their site and they have no legitimate report posted since the end of FY2012 in May. They probably only give it out if you fill out that form to request one mailed to you.

Well investors are legally entitled to receive a fully detailed earning report so I don't think they have anything to hide. However it makes all these sales press releases meaningless. Sales may rise but if costs rise higher than sales than having a net loss has more impact than rising sales.

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 15:24 Frijoles

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:15:
"Ghost Recon ONLINE"

Cool, looks like all the corps are starting to make all their games ONLINE only, and using ONLINE term in their titles like it is some buzzword or something.

On the plus side, it makes it easier to avoid them.

6. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 15:19 jacobvandy

I'm surprised they actually put in there that they just took out a $263 million loan to "secure financing for the next five years." Pretty much cements the fact that they're not really keeping much of that $160 million they just earned this quarter.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 15:24.

5. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 14:49 ASeven

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 13:32:
And here I was under the impression that the entire gaming industry was about to crash and that none of the major publishers would be able to survive. Smartass

Uuuh... Sales is not the same as Net Gain or Net Loss which in the end is what matters. This press release only mentions sales but not anything about costs.

So.... you should actually wait for the actual net result before you bait like that.

4. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 14:15 deqer

"Ghost Recon ONLINE"

Cool, looks like all the corps are starting to make all their games ONLINE only, and using ONLINE term in their titles like it is some buzzword or something.

What next? "Super Mario Brothers Online" ? ...

3. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 13:43 Tanto Edge

That DRM keeps me from buying anything PC based from Ubisoft.
I don't buy new PS3 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

2. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 13:38 Prez

How about removing your bullshit DRM from your older titles? Bet that would help your financials even more...  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

1. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Ghost Recon Online Open Beta Nears Jul 19, 2012, 13:32 theyarecomingforyou

And here I was under the impression that the entire gaming industry was about to crash and that none of the major publishers would be able to survive. Smartass  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo