Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard on Diablo III

The Diablo III Forums have a Message from Mike Morhaime reflecting on Diablo III in the two months since the action/RPG sequel launched. He recaps and explains the game's growing pains after launch, and goes on to discuss its future, saying they are working on a way to make the game playable without playing Diablo tycoon on the auction house, reducing issues related to the game's always-on requirement, and they are "also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the 'item hunt'." Here's a bit:

You’ve seen some of that work already in patch 1.0.3, and you’ll see additional improvements with patch 1.0.4. On the game balance front, this update will contain changes designed to further deliver on the team’s goal of promoting “build diversity,” with buffs to many rarely used, underpowered class abilities. Another topic we’ve seen actively discussed is the fact that better, more distinct Legendary items are needed. We agree. Patch 1.0.4 will also include new and improved Legendary items that are more interesting, more powerful, and more epic in ways you probably won’t be expecting.

We’re also working on a number of interface updates, including social improvements that will allow players to more easily view their friends’ achievements, more quickly join games, and more efficiently communicate with each other. In addition, we’ll be making updates to the auction house in the future to provide players with better information through tooltips and notices, offer improved search functionality, and more.

View
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

12. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:42 AngelicPenguin

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Does anyone care about any news on D3 unless the news is "Online-only DRM removed."

Since you asked, yes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:31 xXBatmanXx

The problem is that they went awaay from what "worked" in D2 to this. They said the Ladders weren't important and that Items are important....well, when you can buy all the items in the AH, you have killed your own game.

I enjoyed the game. I will go back to it just like I do D2 once in a while. Over 100 hours for a game is good for me and I have moved on. When they released info about the AH I posted it would kill the game - and it has. They can't be so daft and ignorant (well...maybe they are) as to think their numbers would sustain with such a small game after 2 months.....they dropped the ball.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:26 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:15:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Sounds pretty desperate.

The only thing is, it isn't. They already sold 7 million plus, it's a resounding success. Now will it have the legs they want... yeah probably so, since they now make a cut with the RMAH. What was their $ win with D1 and D2 with people playing it for years after?

Apart from prestige...nada. One of the things I like(d) about Blizzard is that they dont just look at the dollar $$$. A game doesnt JUST have to sell well for it to be considered a success. Diablo3 sure sold well, but with all the problems I think it hurt the brand name and I hope Morhaime and those other clowns at Blizz realized that finally.

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:23 MattyC

deqer wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Does anyone care about any news on D3

You obviously do. As do others. A D3 thread is always int he popular threads bit.

Verno wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:14:
Its a love hate thing with D3, currently Im on hate mode. Im pissed with all the shitty design decision, but the game has potential to be great, if they deliver on some of those promises.

Yeah that's how it is with me too. Sounds like some steps in the right direction. The whole alternative to the item hunt bit is silly though. Their item hunt implementation is what was flawed, people don't need raids or something. Collecting the items in a rigidly defined way by Blizzard wasn't fun and the items themselves weren't very worthwhile either, that was the issue. Hopefully they add a huge number of new items with interesting abilities and mods, not just a handful of legendaries or something.

In the future they really need to beta test this shit. Any prolonged beta test would have exposed a lot of these problems and the games launch would have been a different story. The game had some of the old Blizzard polish but had so many glaring design flaws and other issues that were really frustrating. I'm not as upset as some other people seemingly are but I have to admit this whole debacle harmed the Blizzard brand a bit with me.

On the other hand if this was just Activision alone the game would be dropped without fixes so I have to give them credit for listening to feedback and making the effort.

That is the way it has been with me as well. I am currently in the love mode though. I switched to a DH and am having a good bit of fun. I want to go back to my WD, but I will wait till they buff/fix that class. Previously I was in full hate mode and not playing the game unless friends bugged me to play with them.

8. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:15 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 10:08:
Sounds pretty desperate.

The only thing is, it isn't. They already sold 7 million plus, it's a resounding success. Now will it have the legs they want... yeah probably so, since they now make a cut with the RMAH. What was their $ win with D1 and D2 with people playing it for years after?

7. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:14 Verno

Its a love hate thing with D3, currently Im on hate mode. Im pissed with all the shitty design decision, but the game has potential to be great, if they deliver on some of those promises.

Yeah that's how it is with me too. Sounds like some steps in the right direction. The whole alternative to the item hunt bit is silly though. Their item hunt implementation is what was flawed, people don't need raids or something. Collecting the items in a rigidly defined way by Blizzard wasn't fun and the items themselves weren't very worthwhile either, that was the issue. Hopefully they add a huge number of new items with interesting abilities and mods, not just a handful of legendaries or something.

In the future they really need to beta test this shit. Any prolonged beta test would have exposed a lot of these problems and the games launch would have been a different story. The game had some of the old Blizzard polish but had so many glaring design flaws and other issues that were really frustrating. I'm not as upset as some other people seemingly are but I have to admit this whole debacle harmed the Blizzard brand a bit with me.

On the other hand if this was just Activision alone the game would be dropped without fixes so I have to give them credit for listening to feedback and making the effort.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

6. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:14 RailWizard

IOW: Doing shit we should have already done even though we consciously chose not to.  

5. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:14 InBlack

4. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:13 HorrorScope

And when were all done with that, we will release it to the public.

Isn't the game really short as well? No one can put on the blinders faster then a Blizz fan.

3. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:08 Muscular Beaver

Sounds pretty desperate.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

2. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:08 InBlack

You’ve seen some of that work already in patch 1.0.3, and you’ll see additional improvements with patch 1.0.4. On the game balance front, this update will contain changes designed to further deliver on the team’s goal of promoting “build diversity,” with buffs to many rarely used, underpowered class abilities. Another topic we’ve seen actively discussed is the fact that better, more distinct Legendary items are needed. We agree. Patch 1.0.4 will also include new and improved Legendary items that are more interesting, more powerful, and more epic in ways you probably won’t be expecting

This should have been in the game from day 1. Its not like they had to invent hot water or anything...oh and this ISNT WORLD OF WARCRAFT for fucks sake, give us a good item hunt game, and some very much needed PvP, maybe a ladder season and we are good to go....

1. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 10:08 deqer

Does anyone care about any news on D3 unless the news is "Online-only DRM removed."

92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo