Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard on Diablo III

The Diablo III Forums have a Message from Mike Morhaime reflecting on Diablo III in the two months since the action/RPG sequel launched. He recaps and explains the game's growing pains after launch, and goes on to discuss its future, saying they are working on a way to make the game playable without playing Diablo tycoon on the auction house, reducing issues related to the game's always-on requirement, and they are "also working on a gameplay system that will provide players who have max-level, high-powered characters new goals to strive for as an alternative to the 'item hunt'." Here's a bit:

You’ve seen some of that work already in patch 1.0.3, and you’ll see additional improvements with patch 1.0.4. On the game balance front, this update will contain changes designed to further deliver on the team’s goal of promoting “build diversity,” with buffs to many rarely used, underpowered class abilities. Another topic we’ve seen actively discussed is the fact that better, more distinct Legendary items are needed. We agree. Patch 1.0.4 will also include new and improved Legendary items that are more interesting, more powerful, and more epic in ways you probably won’t be expecting.

We’re also working on a number of interface updates, including social improvements that will allow players to more easily view their friends’ achievements, more quickly join games, and more efficiently communicate with each other. In addition, we’ll be making updates to the auction house in the future to provide players with better information through tooltips and notices, offer improved search functionality, and more.

View
92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

72. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 07:08 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 01:49:
I'm not the grown adult crying in every D3 thread about how butthurt they are over "entertainment".

Nor do I go around hoping that others experiences are intentionally ruined by hackers.

You seemed like a good guy Prez. Turns out you are just a sad individual like the others around here that obsess over games and the companies that make them, spewing hatred over what you feel they owe you.

It's healthy to see that you're keeping such close tabs on everything he does here.

You are a creepy weirdo who goes into fits because people don't like your favorite brand, go have your midlife crisis about video games somewhere else. No one wants you here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 05:33 Julio

I'm not the grown adult crying in every D3 thread about how butthurt they are over "entertainment".

Nope, you're just the D3 shill/village idiot posting in every D3 thread about how D3 is perfect and can do no wrong.

70. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 02:04 Prez

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:30:
LMAO! Talk to me again when you get your panties unwadded there, sparky. Jesus dude - is Diablo 3 your mom or something? Lighten up.

Nor do I go around hoping that others experiences are intentionally ruined by hackers.

You seemed like a good guy Prez. Turns out you are just a sad individual like the others around here that obsess over games and the companies that make them, spewing hatred over what you feel they owe you.

Wow, you are just completely, utterly irrational. You literally take any insult against Blizzard and Diablo 3 as a personal insult and interpret that as a call to arms to ATTACK!!! I find myself more and more being embarrassed for you by how you literally lose all sense of perspective and reason in Diablo/Blizzard threads. I find it sad but at the same time amusingly ironic that you question my "adulthood" while you are busy lashing out like a spoiled child at others because they don't like things you clearly have a creepy, unhealthy obsession with. You are worse than a fanboy; you're a mindless sycophant. I truly feel sorry for you. Feel free to unfriend me, put me on ignore, build voodoo dolls in my likeness, whatever your sad little existence feels is required in punishment for my egregious offenses against Blizzard by having the GALL to speak badly about them and their shitty game. But if you think I'm going to stop speaking my mind because it upsets you, you can just fuck off. Ain't gonna happen, no matter how much it hurts your wittle feewings. Bigcry

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

69. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 01:49 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:30:
LMAO! Talk to me again when you get your panties unwadded there, sparky. Jesus dude - is Diablo 3 your mom or something? Lighten up.

68. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 22:35 Mr. Tact

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:58:
Other developers should recognize that they don't have a practically ancient and beloved brand anywhere near the scale of Diablo to work with. Then they should recognize that if they try to pull the same crap, they're likely to fall flat on their face rather than sell millions of copies. People gave it a chance because it was fucking Diablo. A whole lot of those people feel like they got screwed because the game has nowhere near the staying power of the previous game.
Err, either they knew this prior to D3 or they are idiots and never will. Nothing learned there.
They were so concerned about the game's economy that they forgot to make it fun. It's like some kind of Korean pure grind game now. I don't give a shit about the game's economy, I want a game that is fun and where I can find lots of cool, interesting gear to play with. This is not that game.
Either they already know this -- meaning they learned nothing. Or they have no common sense and look at D3 and think, "Hell, we can make a game that good. Let's do it." And hence the downward spiral commences...

Once again, I am not defending D3. I just don't think there are any developers learning anything when looking at what happened with D3. None of them are saying to themselves, "Oh wow, don't want to make those mistakes!" Because it was either already obvious to them, or they just don't get it. If anything, they'll learn bad lessons.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

67. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 22:12 Slippy

ironically, there must be a curse on version 3 stuff... this is exactly what happened with D&D 3rd edition. I like it now but, they tried to hard to 'standardize' the system... as a result you had less options and I think the same is true here. I want items that offer things I have never seen on an item before. Not like a jump from Resist All +20 to Resist All +40 but an item that says 'Everytime you kill a monster you will be granted a cumulative +20% magic find, cause bleed damage for +30% damage over 2 sec, all enemies killed will explode causing +80% damage over a 10 yard radius, increased move speed of +40%, accumulate no damage to gear and will have four arms resulting in a double of attacks speed for 120 seconds'.

That would be unusual, surprising and awesome... it would definately keep me playing after level 60...

66. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 21:23 Cutter

Is it just me or has anyone else pretty much forgotten about this game already?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

65. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 20:28 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:06:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:52:
Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:11:
Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:21:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

That isn't what they did for Diablo 3?

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

So we can continue to see you acting like a self-entitled little baby in D3 threads? Good to know.

We can also see you dream of the D3 dev team tbagging you every night.

Careful now, by this rate Krovven will soon have the whole of Blues news community in his killfile and he will be left alone to rant to himself on this board.

On second thoughts that might actually be funny to read.

With the exception of Bats it's kinda like that already.

64. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 20:08 ASeven

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:58:
E.T. has been thrown around here... I'm sorry put we need to keep that reserved for that Star Wars mmo.

Thanks for the image, now I imagine Bioware in its desperation to actually include ET in TOR to try and draw people.

Just imagine, you're walking around with your character and out of a house comes, finger extended, ET. "ET phone home"

Then he starts to dance and breaks the game. Again.

63. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 20:06 ASeven

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:52:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

So we can continue to see you acting like a self-entitled little baby in D3 threads? Good to know.

Careful now, by this rate Krovven will soon have the whole of Blues news community in his killfile and he will be left alone to rant to himself on this board.

On second thoughts that might actually be funny to read.

62. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 20:06 z0dd

I don't think I'm over exaggerating when saying the Diablo 3 auction house is the most damning gaming feature in the history of gaming.

I'd be happy if they just deleted the whole AH and increased drop rates and made drops that were tailored for the player picking it up.

61. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 19:07:
Dades wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:38:
It's a Blizzard game, they had almost two decades of good will and brand power to work with. It would have sold no matter what.

Exactly. So what are other developers going to learn? I'm not defending D3, I'm just saying from a business point of view any company wishes they made this game.

Other developers should recognize that they don't have a practically ancient and beloved brand anywhere near the scale of Diablo to work with. Then they should recognize that if they try to pull the same crap, they're likely to fall flat on their face rather than sell millions of copies. People gave it a chance because it was fucking Diablo. A whole lot of those people feel like they got screwed because the game has nowhere near the staying power of the previous game.

They were so concerned about the game's economy that they forgot to make it fun. It's like some kind of Korean pure grind game now. I don't give a shit about the game's economy, I want a game that is fun and where I can find lots of cool, interesting gear to play with. This is not that game.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

60. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:58 HorrorScope

E.T. has been thrown around here... I'm sorry put we need to keep that reserved for that Star Wars mmo.  

59. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:54 Steele Johnson

Exactly. The same crappy games over and over. Look at Diablo 3. Same crap, different year. It even looks like it was developed in the 90s. WTF?

IMO, WoW was a genre changer and a superior game. Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo were so-so games. There were plenty of better games around the time of their release.

58. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:52 RollinThundr

57. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:47 Steele Johnson

I would hardly call Warcraft and the orginal Diablo triple A titles. There were many more games at that time that were much better. WOW on the other hand, was one of the best games I've ever played.  

56. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:22 Verno

This is pretty low effort, bottom barrel trolling. I'm not sure why you are so butthurt that Prez doesn't like Diablo 3 but uh good job pissing on one of the coolest people on the forums over nothing.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

55. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 19:07 Mr. Tact

Dades wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:38:
It's a Blizzard game, they had almost two decades of good will and brand power to work with. It would have sold no matter what.

Exactly. So what are other developers going to learn? I'm not defending D3, I'm just saying from a business point of view any company wishes they made this game.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

54. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 18:48 ASeven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:39:
Diablo 3 is the most mediocre Action RPG ever made and 83's ET is far better than this piece of shit.

If only ET would have had a real money auction house. It too could have sold 7 million copies!

It also lacked always online DRM which was quite the thing in 83!

53. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 18:39 Prez

Diablo 3 is the most mediocre Action RPG ever made and 83's ET is far better than this piece of shit.

If only ET would have had a real money auction house. It too could have sold 7 million copies!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

92 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo