Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Batverse Jul 20, 2012, 08:55 J

I liked Dark Knight Rises. spoilies: I think it could have done with more time, to be honest. The part where Bruce has to 'reboot' his fear seemed brushed over and I didn't really feel it; I just got the jist of it. I presume the "atomic" blast is sans any kind of fallout? Nothing about that was mentioned after it and yet it didn't seem to be an issue. Those niggles aside, I enjoyed the plot unfolding and the action scenes, one liners, etc.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 18:24 space captain

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 11:10:
My understanding is that they're not censoring bad reviews, they're censoring the comments on the bad reviews, because the commenters can't understand how anyone could dislike a Batman movie.

That isnt why they are censoring. Its due to death threats and other assaults.

People dont get censored for not understanding things. They get censored because of what they say.

Thats like saying "oh, he died because he was alive". Its only true in a misleadingly oversimplified way.

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 14:25 nin

mag wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 13:57:
It's even more awkward when apparently (from what I read) Warner owns RT. Hence it looks like they're censoring reviews for their own movie.

Got my tickets for Sat morning...got a bad feeling about the end.

My understanding is that they're not censoring bad reviews, they're censoring the comments on the bad reviews, because the commenters can't understand how anyone could dislike a Batman movie.

You're totally correct. But when the people who are distributing the movie are making those changes, someone will cry foul, even if they're just trying to clean up the death threats...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 13:57 mag

It's even more awkward when apparently (from what I read) Warner owns RT. Hence it looks like they're censoring reviews for their own movie.

4. Re: Morning Bataverse Jul 19, 2012, 13:05 J

I'm aiming to watch the first showing tomorrow. I don't feel as strongly about this one as I did about the other two. That may be an ominous sign in itself. Time will tell.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 11:35 reisub

I'll await your review then.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 11:10 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2012, 10:40 xXBatmanXx

RottenTomatoes Halts ‘Dark Knight’ Comments After Backlash.

RT is just like Metacritic (see article from yesterday) - the internet has given every troll/moron a voice - which isn't a good thing in all situations.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo