Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Capcom Vancouver Layoffs

Speaking of Capcom (above story), CapcomVancouver Tweets that rumors of their demise are "greatly exaggerated," but they also do announce some layoffs, saying "Capcom Vancouver has let go 7% of our employees as a result of unsuitable fit with the studio goals." However, the Dead Rising 2 developer also adds they are We’re still growing and aggressively seeking great talent. Thanks GameInformer.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 19, 2012, 09:06 Parallax Abstraction

This is what happens when you're trying to run a game studio in a city that is now more expensive per capita to live in than San Francisco and parts of New York City.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 19, 2012, 02:28 Prez

Well, a while back my company had to lay off warehouse workers who busted big bales of cotton cellulose at the same time they were hiring licensed electricians - different people have different skills. We had too many "bale busters" and not enough electricians, and it's not just a matter of taking one and making them the other.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 02:38.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 19, 2012, 01:38 Sepharo

They fired 12 people. Maybe they were just dumb.
"Now hiring!"

edit: Oh... 20 I was just using 7% of the number I found on Wiki.

5. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 19, 2012, 01:12 Data

7% laid off, growing and AGGRESSIVELY seaking talent ( I love this shit business buzz words). Sounds like Double speak from 1984.  

4. DLC Jul 18, 2012, 23:52 gobehz

They probably weren't producing enough DLC.  

3. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 18, 2012, 22:47 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 20:23:
So probably their most talented and therefore priciest people. Colour that ship sinking!

It's usually FILO, which is often bad, as your first in are likely managers at this point and making twice as much yet doing half as much as lower people.
I love when companies go through layoffs and fire 100 guys making $50,000 but hire 20 additional making $100,000, then wonder why productivity is down.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 18, 2012, 21:51 deqer

"unsuitable fit" lol

1. Re: Capcom Vancouver Layoffs Jul 18, 2012, 20:23 Cutter

So probably their most talented and therefore priciest people. Colour that ship sinking!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo