Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World War Z Game TMs

Paramount Pictures filed trademarks for World War Z in the U.S. to cover downloadable electronic game programs; Electronic game software for handheld electronic devices; Video game cartridges and discs and for entertainment services, namely, providing online electronic games, suggesting game tie-ins are planned for the upcoming film to go along with action figures, metal busts, boxer shorts, and waste baskets. Thanks VG247.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 17:37 space captain

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 15:15:
That is really what I like out of post-apocalyptic/zombie games - the survival element.

http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 15:15 Silicon Avatar

They sort of scratched my itch for a "The Road" game with the Lonesome Road DLC for Fallout:NV.

It's not anything like the book (at all) but in my play-through I kept having to scrounge for everything because I went in unprepared and the environment was filled with pretty mean enemies. I was definitely feeling the survival element of it.

That is really what I like out of post-apocalyptic/zombie games - the survival element.

13. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 09:45 ASeven

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 09:37:
I want a survival horror based on the The Road.

The big, huge problem with The Road, and what it gives the setting its greatness, is that there is no food anymore other than humans. A game based on it would require a hell of a mature and brutal story that I'm not sure the gaming industry can pull.

12. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 09:37 Silicon Avatar

I want a survival horror based on the The Road.

11. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 08:37 Mad Max RW

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 03:33:
There's nothing more boring than a slow zombie

Yes there is. A fast zombie.

10. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 05:32 Julio

I'm a big fan of zombie books, but World War Z was a book that I really didn't like. Hopefully when the movie is terrible, Hollywood won't walk away from the zombie movie genre.

With the amount of rewrites and reshoots for the movie...you know its going to disappoint.

9. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 03:33 dj LiTh

There's nothing more boring than a slow zombie  

8. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 19, 2012, 00:50 saluk

Great book that does not lend itself well to any form of adaptation. The only thing I could see is a Ken Burns style mockumentary played with complete seriousness, but I assume that wasn't a very marketable idea. But these days you can't make something original, not because the world lacks creative enough people, but because big business has learned that the best way to do business is to have a diverse portfolio. Walking Dead is doing well, lets go after that market, what label will give this project cache, aha, WWZ. It doesn't matter if it can't be adapted, just make something vaguely similar and slap the name on it. From Paramounts perspective, the quality or consistency of the actual project really doesn't matter very much.  

7. Loved it... Jul 18, 2012, 23:00 JohnBirshire

World War Z was only the second zombie book I read, I Am Legend being the first, but I absolutely loved it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they would turn it into a movie though with a star like Brad Pitt, since there wasn't really a main character in the book, just a bunch of random events throughout the world focusing on different people and places. So it doesn't surprise me whatsoever that they are aren't being faithful to the book with the movie. As for the game, who cares. The majority of games based on movies that come out at the same time are hastily put together crapfests, with very few exceptions.  

6. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 22:52 space captain

is this a combo of WW2 and zombies?? because combining the two most played out gaming concepts of all time should be awesome

get over the fucking zombies already, you zombies...

ohhhhhhhh....

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 22:30 ASeven

Wow, wasn't aware it was that bad. Holy crap.  

4. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 22:18 Mad Max RW

The WWZ movie should have wrapped by now but they keep bringing in new writers to fix the mess of a script. If it's anything more than terrible I will be shocked.  

3. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 21:32 ledhead1969

From what I've read the movie is not at all like the book. As a fan of the book, that means the movie will suck. They should get Tarantino to direct the part about Japan and the blind guy. Anyway, based on what I read

"The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself. [Mireille] Enos plays Gerry’s wife Karen Lane; [Daniella] Kertesz is his comrade in arms, Segen."

It's also not rated R. Fail.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56188

"I've been hearing for quite some time that the WORLD WAR Z we see on the screen will only vaguely resemble Max Brooks' book, and perhaps this is their chance to correct some of that. After all, changing what made the book so popular in the first place really seemed to defeat the purpose of making this zombie epic."

2. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 20:20 jacobvandy

Bullshit! Best thing about this book was that the zombies are REAL zombies, with hordes large enough to occupy entire nations, and since they're dumb enough and easy to kill, an organized military force comes through and satisfyingly massacres thousands upon thousands of them... If the movie and/or game don't deliver on that, count me out.  

1. Re: World War Z Game TMs Jul 18, 2012, 19:44 ASeven

Great, excellent book. Even if you hate the zombie genre this is a great book to read. Hopefully the movie will be as great since I want to see a full scale Battle of Yonkers happening, however some leaks of the movie suggest the zombies are of the fast kind, which is totally against the zombies of the movie.

As for the game.... who knows? It could go both ways but movie tie ins are never good.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo