Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale Day Seven

Steam summer sale day seven is now underway. Here are the new one-day specials:

• Age of Empires Online: Summer Sale Bundle on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Carpe Fulgur Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Indie Bundle VII on Steam. Save 75%.
  • L.A. Noire on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Sins of a Solar Empire- Rebellion on Steam. Save 25%.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Super Meat Boy on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Thief Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Total War Mega Pack on Steam. Save 75%.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 21:58 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:33:
Good ole valve. This whole sale they haven't been putting very appropriate graphics on the front page for some of the flash/daily/vote sales. Like right now, it says L4D, and most people seeing that would assume its L4D1. They should say L4D franchise.
Yeah, I've noticed a few of those too. No idea how they let that happen.

Just saw GalCiv II Ultimate on sale. I've been wanting to pick that up forever, but have never had the time/interest coincide with a sale before. Five bucks though? Sold.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 20:33 Dev

Good ole valve. This whole sale they haven't been putting very appropriate graphics on the front page for some of the flash/daily/vote sales. Like right now, it says L4D, and most people seeing that would assume its L4D1. They should say L4D franchise. Ironically enough, the mouse hover text DOES say that. There's been other examples too, such as where the price was for the pack, yet the graphic only showed 1 game, which leads people to think its a high price for the one game, when its really a good price for the pack.

Protip valve: I know that testing sales before you release them is boring, but it helps your sales to accurately describe them before putting them live. If you don't have an appropriate graphic, take 5 mins and throw some text onto the graphic using paint.

45. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 20:28 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:26:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:19:
I am fully aware how long each daily sale runs.
I did not have time to give the demo of the game a try within that 48 hours.
Wait what? You wanted to try a demo before buying a game!?!?
Yeah I am old school like that

Steam: SpectralMeat

44. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 20:26 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 20:19:
I did not have time to give the demo of the game a try within that 48 hours.
Wait what? You wanted to try a demo before buying a game!?!?

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 20:33.

43. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 20:19 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:40:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 08:03:
I am kind of pissed Anno didn't win the community vote. I really wanted to grab that, I've missed out on the day 2 sale.
You know the dailies have been running 2 days right? They may get pushed off the top of the steam page down to the middle of the page, but they run 2 days, not 1, each sale item even says on its page when it will end. You are saying there were two days, 48 hours where you couldn't access any form of computer, any form of web browser (since you can buy them from the web login) or any form of smart phone (since you can buy with the steam mobile app) ?

I did not have time to give the demo of the game a try within that 48 hours. Ones I did try the demo I've realized I like it and the sale ran out on me. I figured it would come back as a flash sale or community vote deal which it did but SimCity4 won the vote over Anno.

Anyways worst comes to worst I will grab at on the last day for the current sale price which is 30% off instead of the 50% off that the deal was. Maybe I'll just hang on until a better deal comes around for that game. I have plenty of other game to play but barely have enough time for them.

42. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 18:40 Dev

I picked up gratuitious tank battles. At $7 its lower than my buy point, which was about $10-$12 for the kinda game it is.
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 08:03:
I am kind of pissed Anno didn't win the community vote. I really wanted to grab that, I've missed out on the day 2 sale.
You know the dailies have been running 2 days right? They may get pushed off the top of the steam page down to the middle of the page, but they run 2 days, not 1, each sale item even says on its page when it will end. You are saying there were two days, 48 hours where you couldn't access any form of computer, any form of web browser (since you can buy them from the web login) or any form of smart phone (since you can buy with the steam mobile app) ?

Plus the stuff in dailies has been showing up in flash and vote sales too.
Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 20:27:
Nah, it'll come down, do not doubt. They like to hold the popular ones till the end so people will bite earlier. Can't recall which game it was but that happened to me last summer. Didn't think it would go any lower so I bought it and 2 days later it was 50% cheaper. Grrr!
Thats what I think... Look how many people are jumping on it at the current 20% off. Its inconstantly been in the top few all during the sale, despite it never showing up in daily or flash, oh and despite that its not skyrim.

BTW, the publisher is in charge of how much a game goes on sale for, and how often, if its in daily or flash, and what day it goes on sale. Valve may offer advice and only offer certain options to some publishers, but the publisher has the final ok.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 18:46.

41. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 17:44 JayDeath

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:13:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:11:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:39:
Holy crap. Repeats ARE EVEN CHEAPER! Witcher 2 is a sure deal now!

Is it? I bought it for the same price last weekend.

Pretty sure that's what I paid earlier as well...

edit: Yup.

Will I have trouble running it? I've been reading on the forum that some ppl with high end systems were having trouble with low fps.

I didnt really care for the first game but all I hear and read is how great this game is. I might have to buy it for the graphics alone. The screenshots look fantastic. I like good RPGs.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2012, 17:52.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

40. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 16:13 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:11:

Pretty sure that's what I paid earlier as well...

edit: Yup.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

39. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 16:11 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

38. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 14:39 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 14:03 Prez

JayDeath wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 13:58:
Yeah, I was able to grab Sniper Elite V2 because of the repeat. I was having trouble with my debit card and I missed the first sale!

Don't buy it on Steam! Amazon has had it for 10 bucks cheaper all month, and it will still activate on Steam.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

36. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 13:58 JayDeath

Yeah, I was able to grab Sniper Elite V2 because of the repeat. I was having trouble with my debit card and I missed the first sale!

I was hoping for a sale on F1 2011 or did I miss it? I couldn't get online for the first couple of days of the sale.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

35. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 13:36 nin

More repeats today. But it's Witcher repeats!

34. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 13:14 Rhino

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 12:42:
Saints Row 3 seems to be on sale everywhere all the time.

Hell, I bought it two months or so ago from Best Buy for $15... and that was only because I missed the $15 sale from some other place that escapes my recollection (probably Amazon). So, yeah, it sure feels that way.

33. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 12:42 SpectralMeat

I actually like the repeat deals if I've missed a deal it gives me a chance to grab the game if it goes on sale again. I think they should have a larger amount of games on sale as daily deals however. There are so many games and the deal isn't that long, it seems like a handful of games go on sale pretty much on every sale.

Saints Row 3 seems to be on sale everywhere all the time.

32. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 12:29 Prez

It's disappointing that we are starting to see all kind of repeats in the sales when there are quite a few games that I would like to see discounted that haven't been yet.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

31. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 09:26 nin

killer_roach wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 04:28:
nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 21:04:
So! SimCity4 at 1 on the charts and NFS at 4. I hope EA doesn't mind their IP being cheapened.

Well, it's not like Amazon hasn't put the games on similar sales before already.

That being said, SC4 is pretty long in the tooth and NFSHP seemed to get a lot of permanent price cuts very quickly, even on Origin (although its price didn't fall as fast as Shift 2 did). At this point, both are likely pretty solidly in the "get the money where you can get it" stage of their life cycle.

I just thought if they were serious about the horrible things Valve is doing, they could refuse the money, as a form of protest.

30. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 08:44 Rhino

http://amzn.to/NkqgBn

Saints Row The Third for $10 through Amazon for those who have missed the deals on Steam, this week. It doesn't appear that this translates to savings on the DLC, too, unfortunately.

29. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 08:03 SpectralMeat

I own SimCity4 for a long time but never really got time to play it. I fired it up last night, and it looks so dated it is not even funny. Reminded me of playing Command and Conquer 2 graphically. There isn't even a 1080p screen setting in the menu. There's 1024 X 768 and 1600 X 1200 iirc.
It is one of those games that EA logo says "challenge everything"

28. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 19, 2012, 04:28 killer_roach

nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 21:04:
So! SimCity4 at 1 on the charts and NFS at 4. I hope EA doesn't mind their IP being cheapened.

Well, it's not like Amazon hasn't put the games on similar sales before already.

That being said, SC4 is pretty long in the tooth and NFSHP seemed to get a lot of permanent price cuts very quickly, even on Origin (although its price didn't fall as fast as Shift 2 did). At this point, both are likely pretty solidly in the "get the money where you can get it" stage of their life cycle.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo