Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released

The BioWare Blog announces the free Earth DLC for Mass Effect 3 is now available, offering this trailer showing off what this adds to the action/RPG sequel. Here's word:

The fighting is fiercest when itís your home at stake! Mass Effect 3: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon assault rifle. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer Soldier, Paladin Sentinel, Demolisher Engineer, Slayer Vanguard, Shadow Infiltrator, and Fury Adept! Each come complete with new and powerful abilities and melee attacks.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 19, 2012, 10:42 Acleacius

This is console coop right, forced cover and retarded aiming (cliff coop)?

They are supporting multiplayer since that's what they want/training you to play. The only way they can keep people playing is to give away free online only content.

They screwed up the single player (development dollars shifted) so they could add in multiplayer. They would be giving out this much free content for single player if they cared about it, but they don't.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 18:50 Creston

The Pyro wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 17:05:
It's great BioWare continues to produce new content, but it's naive to think that pure altruism motivates BioWare's actions in this regard. Players can download the DLC for free, but all of the new weapons and classes must be unlocked before you can use them. Of course, you can unlock your free content faster by purchasing Premium Specter Packs in the store Maybe. If you get lucky.

The new maps are a nice immediate bonus, though. Gotta keep players interested in the game long enough to buy some extra Specter Packs after their hard-earned credits don't produce the desired new content on the first few tries.

Sorry if this post is a bit more cynical than usual for me! I'll be playing the new stuff quite a bit I'm sure.

I've never spent a dime in the store (well, okay, I spent 80 EAware points because I had them left on my account from when I bought ME2 DLC), and I have quite a lot of stuff. I've always easily been able to resist the urge to purchase packs (mostly because I know that it'll still just give me shit I don't want!)

Creston

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 17:05 The Pyro

It's great BioWare continues to produce new content, but it's naive to think that pure altruism motivates BioWare's actions in this regard. Players can download the DLC for free, but all of the new weapons and classes must be unlocked before you can use them. Of course, you can unlock your free content faster by purchasing Premium Specter Packs in the store Maybe. If you get lucky.

The new maps are a nice immediate bonus, though. Gotta keep players interested in the game long enough to buy some extra Specter Packs after their hard-earned credits don't produce the desired new content on the first few tries.

Sorry if this post is a bit more cynical than usual for me! I'll be playing the new stuff quite a bit I'm sure.

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 15:41 Creston

Earth is awesome. Awesome (and mega overpowered classes) and three cool maps.

Free DLC never tasted so good.

Creston

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 15:17 Verno

Hopefully the next generation of consoles moves us past this claustrophobic level and map design that seems to pervade many modern games.

I appreciate free DLC but in this case I'd rather they have done more with the DLC and charged for it. The base MP gets boring and repetitive extremely quickly and seems to function solely as a vehicle to sell their silly gambling item packs.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 15:17 Crustacean Soup

There's some missions that are obviously multiplayer maps; the random N7 ones you get from Hackett, mostly. That's still a big improvement over ME1's "three maps with boxes in different locations", though. Game took me about 39 hours in my first playthrough without From Ashes (didn't realize you had to enter your key manually) and without the Extended Cut DLC. That's shorter than ME2 or ME1, but I did feel like there was less padding. No Skyrim, but not that bad.  

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 15:12 NegaDeath

I enjoyed the multiplayer more than I thought I would but it's too cramped in it's design, probably in part because ME3 scaled the encounters down so much. Imagine if it took ME1 for inspiration instead. Big planetary maps, vehicles, bases, environmental hazards. It could be like a Mass Effect variant of Battlefield.  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 15:12 ochentay4

Warskull wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 14:55:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 14:42:
It's impressive to me how much they are supporting the multiplayer in this game. Tons of free DLC it seems like. What's a shame though is how the singleplayer suffered for it.

I finally finished the game a week or so ago. The missions were weaker and obviously designed as multiplayer maps. It also felt shorter and more limited in focus. I played ME2 for 48 hours without DLC but I beat ME3 in 27 hours with the From Ahses DLC and with the best ending.

This is going to happen more and more as time goes by and everything goes as online as possible for financial reasons.

They should just have the multiplayer team design their own game without being held back by the people who screwed up single player.

C'mon, cut them some slack. This is the first time I see EA trying to compensate players.

They have released 1 pay SP DLC + 1 free SP DLC + 3 free MP DLC. They could've charged 10 bucks for every MP DLC... like they have done countless times before.

I have yet to finish ME3, but this time EA is really trying to compensate players for a sucking ending and 0 day DLC with free MP DLC and free SP DLC.

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 14:55 Warskull

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 14:42:
It's impressive to me how much they are supporting the multiplayer in this game. Tons of free DLC it seems like. What's a shame though is how the singleplayer suffered for it.

I finally finished the game a week or so ago. The missions were weaker and obviously designed as multiplayer maps. It also felt shorter and more limited in focus. I played ME2 for 48 hours without DLC but I beat ME3 in 27 hours with the From Ahses DLC and with the best ending.

This is going to happen more and more as time goes by and everything goes as online as possible for financial reasons.

They should just have the multiplayer team design their own game without being held back by the people who screwed up single player.

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 14:42 StingingVelvet

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo