Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Steam summer sale day six.

• Call of Duty: Black Ops on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Company of Heroes on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Indie Bundle VI on Steam. Save 75%.
  • LIMBO on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 on Steam. Save 90%.
  • Spec Ops: The Line on Steam. Save 33%.
  • Stronghold 3 Gold on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Wargame- European Escalation on Steam. Save 50%.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 19:45 nin

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 15:35:
nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 13:18:
El Pit wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 13:09:
Is it just me, or are today's sales pretty underwhelming? Today, my wallet will get a rest. Unless some interesting flashies come up, that is.

I'd take rebellion, but $30 seems a little high. I'm sure it's a bit of a challenge to come up with a week and a half of rotating sales, while at the same time trying to minimize repeats.

What the front page doesn't tell you is that Sins Trinity is only 5 bucks, which is an amazing deal. Rebellion, frankly, is overpriced for all but the diehard Sins fans (i'm one of them so I bought it), but you can't go wrong with Trinity at that price.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Had the main game and I think one expansion w/ impulse, but if I can snag the whole thing for $5, I think I will...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 17:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Stalker series for $11 doesn't seem bad, but I could never stick with the first one...I've yet to find an indie bundle that I don't already have 2-3 of the games. If someone missed out on LA Noire, now would be the time...
I couldn't really get into the first game. The respawing and general emptiness just made it hard to stay engaged I think. Haven't tried the other two. Did they get any better?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

23. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 17:05 Dev

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 15:35:
What the front page doesn't tell you is that Sins Trinity is only 5 bucks, which is an amazing deal. Rebellion, frankly, is overpriced for all but the diehard Sins fans (i'm one of them so I bought it), but you can't go wrong with Trinity at that price.
Good find, I think I own most of the sins games already, but at $5 I'll get a copy on steam.
nin wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 11:04:
Woot! SR3 back on sale! Go go go!

And this time they added in that last DLC pack to the sale, the gakai girls one. Since I'm a sucker for completeness (at least when its on sale), I grabbed it for 74 cents, making my SR3 collection complete.

That was done on batman impostors too, one of the DLC wasn't on sale, then it went on sale. I forgot to buy it before the sale ended though, but its already been on sale a few times I can wait until the next time.
I wish Dead Rising 2:OTR DLC would go on sale though.

22. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 15:35 Prez

Is it just me, or are today's sales pretty underwhelming? Today, my wallet will get a rest. Unless some interesting flashies come up, that is.

I'd take rebellion, but $30 seems a little high. I'm sure it's a bit of a challenge to come up with a week and a half of rotating sales, while at the same time trying to minimize repeats.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 13:18 nin

Stalker series for $11 doesn't seem bad, but I could never stick with the first one...I've yet to find an indie bundle that I don't already have 2-3 of the games. If someone missed out on LA Noire, now would be the time...

20. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 13:09 El Pit

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

19. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 12:54 nin

Slashman wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 12:09:

I am really really enjoying that game. I was a bit reluctant at first since I don't really like GTA very much, but SR3 really won me over with its over-the-top wackiness. The wrestling moves alone have made it worthwhile...

I was the same way. I went in with very low expectations and laughed my ass off...

18. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 12:09 Slashman

I am really really enjoying that game. I was a bit reluctant at first since I don't really like GTA very much, but SR3 really won me over with its over-the-top wackiness. The wrestling moves alone have made it worthwhile...

17. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 11:04 nin

16. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 11:01 Prez

Haha - NFS Hot Pursuit won. Jerykk called it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 10:52 Prez

I guess the market for this particular simulator is not very big, or just not that big on Steam.

The market is not that big, but damn are those train collectors hardcore. I bet we would all be shocked at just how much of the DLC packs some of those guys own.

I know we all poo-poo the idea of a thousand bucks-worth of DLC, but for a niche market made up of extremely hardcore (and frankly, often wealthy) enthusiasts, it really is the best strategy.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 10:37 Rhino

Jerykk wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 02:59:
Watch, NFS: Hot Pursuit will be chosen next, even though it's already gone on sale for $5 about a dozen times in the past year.

You, sir, are a wizard.

13. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 08:54 nin

I buying up all the Railworks DLC now to give away to all my good Steam friends over the Xmas Holiday.

That would be a riot...wonder if steam lets you gift DLC when the person doesn't have the main game?

12. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 08:12 SpectralMeat

Dev wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 04:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 22:21:
Railworks 3 90% off, man that game must be a dog to sell.
Actually the game sells quite well... in its niche market. They choose to put it on steam basically just for a distribution platform. Unlike most indie type stuff that ends up on steam in large part to try and market and advertise to one of the largest PC gaming demographic. Most interested buyers of railworks who are going to buy a chunk of DLC to get real life accurate rail car and country simulations already know the software available in the field to simulate it (even without any marketing on steam), and that includes railworks. These are the kinda people who do model trains, and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars setting up a realistic set with computer controlled lights and track changes, etc. They may well only have steam for that one program.

Now they've probably picked up a small chunk of change selling it when the base game cheap and on sale to people who wonder wtf it is. I picked up the base game and the zombie expansion just for fun. I have yet to get through the whole tutorial for the game.
But thats not their core market, those are not the people who are going to spend hundreds on the DLC.

BTW, the percentage off still doesn't bring it as low dollarwise as some other deals that are only 75% off. But for some reason, some people just look down on games (or other products) as automatically inferior when they are priced lower, regardless of how good they may be.
I'm very glad that steam doesn't try to sell to just that market. I love their summer/winter/ weekend, etc sales.

I know what you mean I was just kidding around.
It is funny to see games that are popular go on sale for 20% or 30% off and they are best sellers while this game goes on sale for 90% off and still doesn't even make it into the top20 best selling list.
I guess the market for this particular simulator is not very big, or just not that big on Steam.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 04:16 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 22:21:
Railworks 3 90% off, man that game must be a dog to sell.
Actually the game sells quite well... in its niche market. They choose to put it on steam basically just for a distribution platform. Unlike most indie type stuff that ends up on steam in large part to try and market and advertise to one of the largest PC gaming demographic. Most interested buyers of railworks who are going to buy a chunk of DLC to get real life accurate rail car and country simulations already know the software available in the field to simulate it (even without any marketing on steam), and that includes railworks. These are the kinda people who do model trains, and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars setting up a realistic set with computer controlled lights and track changes, etc. They may well only have steam for that one program.

Now they've probably picked up a small chunk of change selling it when the base game cheap and on sale to people who wonder wtf it is. I picked up the base game and the zombie expansion just for fun. I have yet to get through the whole tutorial for the game.
But thats not their core market, those are not the people who are going to spend hundreds on the DLC.

BTW, the percentage off still doesn't bring it as low dollarwise as some other deals that are only 75% off. But for some reason, some people just look down on games (or other products) as automatically inferior when they are priced lower, regardless of how good they may be.
I'm very glad that steam doesn't try to sell to just that market. I love their summer/winter/ weekend, etc sales.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2012, 06:50.

10. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 02:59 Jerykk

These community votes are annoying. People either vote for the games that already go on sale like once a month or the games that have already gone on sale during this summer sale. I mean, come on. Sanctum? Torchlight? Watch, NFS: Hot Pursuit will be chosen next, even though it's already gone on sale for $5 about a dozen times in the past year.  

9. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2012, 02:36 Prez

I'm buying up all the Railworks DLC now to give away to all my good Steam friends over the Xmas Holiday.

I am reaching the end of my summer sale budget, so I have to start making choices. Today I had to decide between Stronghold 3 and Wargame European Escalation. In the end Wargame EE won out because developers who actually put out a working game at release deserve to be rewarded more than those who release broken games at full price do. I'll wait until Stronghold 3 is under 10 over Xmas.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2012, 09:26.

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 22:48 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 22:37:
edit: Someone page Prez!

Already did

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 22:48 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 22:37:
Yep, if you act now, the DLC is only $1000...

Total insanity. Those train people are crazy though - you ever go to a show? It is amazin.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2012, 22:37 nin

Yep, if you act now, the DLC is only $1000...

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo