Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 15:43 space captain

oh look, another genius to the rescue  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 08:50 nin

Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 02:28:
space captain wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 01:56:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 01:43:
The Phantom guys must be kicking themselves that Kickstarter didn't exist when they did their scam. Look at how much money this Ouya thing is gathering, and it's going to be just as much vaporware as the Phantom was.

Creston

sounds more like wishful thinking on your part, dreaming of revenge and delighting in your fantasy of their suffering

You really need to stop snorting so much detergent in the morning, buddy. Your gibberish is reaching entirely incomprehensible levels these days.

Creston

Sig worthy...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 07:51 Beamer

The Phantom guys must be kicking themselves that Kickstarter didn't exist when they did their scam. Look at how much money this Ouya thing is gathering, and it's going to be just as much vaporware as the Phantom was.

Creston

I agree. It may not become vaporware, but it won't be anything important. Had this been announced by a company via the normal route, showing up at E3 or in a press release to major sites, we'd all be laughing at it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 07:44 Silicon Avatar

I used to work for a tiny gaming hardware company. Five million is enough for manufacturing and a couple engineers. If they are able to capitalize on existing molds for controllers (IE: they don't use new die) and they are able to use existing OS (Android) and they are able to crib some off of existing smartphone designs then they should be able to get this done.

I don't think it will be nearly as big of a deal as people made it out to be but they should be able to do it for the money they have.

The smart thing to do in their position right now would be to try and team up with MadCatz (or someone like that) and rely on their business acumen and management experience to keep things rolling.

That sort of deal would also acknowledge the inevitable - should Ouya get popular somehow every cheap hardware manufacturer on the planet will rip it off and probably do it better.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 02:54 eRe4s3r

Half the time I haven't even got a clue what he is talking about lately. It certainly got nearly nothing to do with the topic or any topic for that matter  

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 02:30 space captain

uh oh! wooks wike wittle cweston is weally mad!  
Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 02:28 Creston

space captain wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 01:56:

Creston

sounds more like wishful thinking on your part, dreaming of revenge and delighting in your fantasy of their suffering

You really need to stop snorting so much detergent in the morning, buddy. Your gibberish is reaching entirely incomprehensible levels these days.

Creston

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 01:57 space captain

or maybe krampus will get them  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 01:56 space captain

Creston

yet its much more likely that those con men moved on to countless other cons since then, scamming countless other people, and stealing countless more moneys

but wheres the fun in that?

dont worry, santa claus probably put them on his "bad" list

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 01:43 Creston

Creston

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 00:40 Esoteric

There are levels of blame. I don't blame Kickstarter at all. It's a good idea in general. I blame the people behind Ouya the most, as it is almost a scam. Nothing of worth will come from all the money donated. And I somewhat blame the people who donated, for not doing a bit of thinking or research first, but they'll find out the hard way.  

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 00:34 dj LiTh

Stupid people giving away their money, i dont see a problem here that can be blamed on kickstarter or Ouya.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 18, 2012, 00:16 Kobalt

I vote for all of the above.  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2012, 23:08 space captain

Dades wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 21:50:
pathetic.

ouya or the people who gave them money? or kickstarter? or just the idea of people exploiting other people?

Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2012, 21:50 Dades

The Ouya thing is a total scam, I feel bad for anyone who fell for it. Conflicting messages, no actual games committed and I don't see any way for them to get actual manufacturing outside of hand building units with that 5 million. They were very careful to word that they won't seek outside funding or sell the company while the Kickstarter campaign is ongoing but won't say anything about after. This is the problem with Kickstarter, no accountability. These guys are getting away with 5m for advertising the next Phantom on a website, pathetic.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo