Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week includes one bundle and nine sequels:

1. Arma II
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Portal 2
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  6. Left 4 Dead 2
  7. The Bethesda Softworks Collection
  8. Anno 2070
  9. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  10. Saints Row: The Third

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 17:39 PHJF

I was quite a fan of Darkness II. Slick presentation, interesting story, good pacing, and frenetic, bloody combat.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 17:34 nin

Elricsi wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 17:26:
I have not succumbed yet, but think I am about to take the plunge on SR3. Any DLC a must buy for it?

The season pass gets you GenkiBowl, Trouble With Clones, Gangstas In Space and the Nightblade pack. Genki is just more activites, but the Gangstas and Clones have a few missions each.

Almost everything else is either outfits or early unlocks...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 17:26 Elricsi

I have not succumbed yet, but think I am about to take the plunge on SR3. Any DLC a must buy for it?  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:54 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 16:09:

I was thinking 10 bucks but that's not much higher. I just hesitate because every game these days seems to have singleplayer that clocks in under 6 hours.

It's a 6 hour game. A very fun 6 hours to be sure, but yea...

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:47 J

So far I've totalled up, in no particular order: Magicka complete pack, Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Left 4 Dead 2 (I still resent it, though!)  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:15 Prez

So far, all I've picked up is:

Trine 2
Saint's Row 3
Left 4 Dead 2

I have been meaning to get back into L4D2 - if you need a coop partner hit me up tonight. Steam name and avatar are the same as my Bluesnews name and pic.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:09 Crustacean Soup

Yeah, after the first two Saint's Row games, SR3 is a really pleasant surprise. I like the silly 'street gang as a media empire' premise, the over-the-top weaponry and activities, the vehicle customization...

The world isn't quite as nicely crafted as GTA4's, but eh, it's more fun.

So far, all I've picked up is:

Trine 2
Saint's Row 3
Left 4 Dead 2

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 16:17.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:09 Prez

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 16:02:
Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:53:
So... The Darkness 2 for 12.50 on Steam today. Worth it for single-player only?

I was actually hoping that one would go lower...

I was thinking 10 bucks but that's not much higher. I just hesitate because every game these days seems to have singleplayer that clocks in under 6 hours.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 16:02 nin

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:53:

I was actually hoping that one would go lower...

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:59 Deathbishop

The damage so far:

Grimrock
Lara Croft: GoL
Renegade Ops
Batman: AC

I'll be picking up Saints Row before it expires tomorrow. Flash sales will be the death of me yet.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:55 sauron

I grabbed Skyrim and The Witcher 2 at 50% and 60% off, respectively. Great deals and I doubt they will get any cheaper before the sale ends.

By the way, for anyone getting Witcher 2 in the Steam sale, you can then head over to GOG.com and enter the CD key to obtain a free copy downloadable from them as well. Reason being that the GOG version comes with a bucketload of extras, maps, soundtrack and such, plus you can plkay it offline with no Steam access. It's totally kosher to do this - they're the makers of the game and apparently like to reward buyers, no matter where they purchased it.

The same goes for Witcher #1 - they give a free offline-valid copy of that if you just enter your CD key, and it also comes with all the extras.

Kittens!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:53 Prez

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:52 nin

one bundle and nine sequels

Hey, at least some of them are good sequels.

I picked up Saints Row the Third for the summer sale. I'm kind of surprised... it's actually good...

It's got a great sense of humor to it. The story is goofy and may not always make sense, but it's just a setup for whatever fun they want you to do next. I snagged most of the DLC I didn't have for cheap, too...

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:49 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:26:
I picked up Saints Row the Third for the summer sale. I'm kind of surprised... it's actually good... better than GTA, IMO.

One of the best games last year. Having skipped SR1 & 2 based on all the negative feedback, I was very surprised that SR3 was getting an excellent response and grabbed it around xmas on GMG for $20. Just grabbed most of the DLC today, so thinking Im going to jump back in for some more.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:31 Lukin

Assuming that Arma2 sales are due to Summer Sale and Dayz...I have both already and I have to say Dayz is still so Beta I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. A cool concept, sure, but it suffers from the same issues the series suffers from.

Too focused on being a "sim" and counter-intuitive controls make it a chore to play. Yes, I'm sure you can remap keys and spend time finding a community so you know the folks you're playing with, hopefully resulting in a less sparsely populated multiplayer session. But, that's a lot of effort when I have a dozen other games I could play.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:26 wtf_man

I picked up Saints Row the Third for the summer sale. I'm kind of surprised... it's actually good... better than GTA, IMO.

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo