Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week includes one bundle and nine sequels:

1. Arma II
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  4. Portal 2
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  6. Left 4 Dead 2
  7. The Bethesda Softworks Collection
  8. Anno 2070
  9. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  10. Saints Row: The Third

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:53 nin

Prez's Play it Forward was a hoot last year

Indeed it was!

So far I have:

Toy Soldiers
Hard Reset
Skydrift + DLC
Dynamite Jack
Satazius
Wizorb
Snuggletruck
Choplifter + DLC
Witcher 2
Killing Floor Complete
Saint's Row DLC

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:52 xXBatmanXx

updated from last thread:

Jul 15, 2012
$3.39
Purchase
Dead Island: Ryder White DLC

Jul 15, 2012
$4.99
Purchase
Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack

Jul 14, 2012
$4.99
Purchase
Two Worlds 2 - Pirates of the Flying Fortress

Jul 14, 2012
$22.40
Purchase
Larva Mortus,
Booster Trooper Four Pack,
Two Worlds II,
Two Worlds 2 Castle Defense,
Dead Horde,
Choplifter HD,
Choplifter HD - Ostrich Chopper,
Choplifter HD - Night Avenger Chopper,
Choplifter HD - Arrowhead Chopper,
Choplifter HD - Albatross Chopper

Jul 13, 2012
$8.97
Purchase
From Dust,
The Binding Of Isaac Soundtrack,
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack

Jul 13, 2012
$2.49
Purchase
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Jul 13, 2012
Free
Purchase
Sanctum DLC

Not bad.....

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 21:35.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:52 Cutter

Besides ARMA II CO, I'm waiting on a few more games for flash sales but that's about it. BAC and all the DLC plus TW2 Velvet edition is plenty with GW2 and PS2 almost here.

As for gifts I'd suggest people hold off for the Xmas sale because Prez's Play it Forward was a hoot last year and it'd be nice if we could expand on that not just for the Bluesers but getting other people into as well so it becomes a mainstream thing. Maybe find a way of just randomly finding a user on Steam to send them a cheap game on their wishlist with a note directing them to Play it Forward and see if they'll get in on it to help make it grow. That'd be cool if every Xmas you just randomly have a few games gifted to you - and if you have them, just pass them along and so on.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:48 Eirikrautha

They've gotten me for Bastion, Space Marine, and Eschalon II. I swear, I am a sucker for a good indie game at $3.75... and Space Marine just looked like mindless fun. I'd have never bought it at full price, but $7? Yeah, gimme some! Rifle  

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:47 Slashman

Ok...so far I have picked up:

Space Pirates and Zombies
The Renegade Ops DLC
Alan Wake Franchise
Oil Rush + DLC
Avernum Bundle
Saints Row 3 and some of the DLC

Now make it stop...my wallet can't take any more.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:40 The Half Elf

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 20:17:
STAND FIRM, BROTHERS. I'd say there's a 95% chance that ARMA 2 will be discounted by at least half by the time this sale is over. (Accounting for the slim possibility they decide to continue milking this fad for all it's worth... it's been successful so far.) Don't be hasty with the pitiful 20%, only take it on the last day if you have to.

I have ARMA 2, just need to get the addon, but still think it's too expensive for a mod.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:35 cronik

I didn't enjoy SR3, felt like it was trying too hard to be silly and over the top.  

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:17 jacobvandy

STAND FIRM, BROTHERS. I'd say there's a 95% chance that ARMA 2 will be discounted by at least half by the time this sale is over. (Accounting for the slim possibility they decide to continue milking this fad for all it's worth... it's been successful so far.) Don't be hasty with the pitiful 20%, only take it on the last day if you have to.  

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 20:01 The Half Elf

Batman AC is worth the money, even if you didn't play the first.

I also agree that Witcher 2 would be cheaper, but it's more then I want to pay for it right now.

REALLY on the fence about getting the ARMA 2 addon so I can play DayZ. I really can't stand the game, but really want to try out the mod.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 19:43 Ray Marden

The Darkness II has five to six hours of gameplay, but it has an interesting story and some nice presentation. The stealth gameplay is really weak and the demon hands are completely overpowered (you just run at anything, shoot it a few times, and let the demon destroy it,) but it is worh it for $12.50 or less.
I think the lowest I have ever seen is $7.50.
It is one of those games that needed just a little more. It is not worth $60 and you can see the beginnings of a really great game, but it otherwise ended up as a fairly straight-forward, albeit bloody, shooter.

Thinking there need to be more death animations or dynamic animations,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 19:42 nin

troubling thing is, i was broke before i bought these....now i'm really pushin it!

Yeah, another week of this is going to be pushing it...I'm hoping I run out of things to buy soon.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 19:32 dj LiTh

My damage: Trine2, Witcher2 (still need to play Witcher1 which i have..sigh 1st world problems), LA Noire (i was on the fence for this one, but for 7.49 for game + all dlc couldnt resist). Thats it so far....troubling thing is, i was broke before i bought these....now i'm really pushin it!

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 19:03 xXBatmanXx

sauron wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:55:
I grabbed Skyrim and The Witcher 2 at 50% and 60% off, respectively. Great deals and I doubt they will get any cheaper before the sale ends.

By the way, for anyone getting Witcher 2 in the Steam sale, you can then head over to GOG.com and enter the CD key to obtain a free copy downloadable from them as well. Reason being that the GOG version comes with a bucketload of extras, maps, soundtrack and such, plus you can plkay it offline with no Steam access. It's totally kosher to do this - they're the makers of the game and apparently like to reward buyers, no matter where they purchased it.

The same goes for Witcher #1 - they give a free offline-valid copy of that if you just enter your CD key, and it also comes with all the extras.

Cool thanks...thought Witcher 2 would go cheaper....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 18:52 Dev

ASeven wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 18:38:
Gifts
Gifts
More Gifts
Trine 2
Gifts
Gifts
Tropico 4 complete
More Gifts
More Gifts

You bring up a good point, I should buy some of the cheaper stuff like plants vs zombies for future gifts.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 18:38 ASeven

Gifts
Gifts
More Gifts
Trine 2
Gifts
Gifts
Tropico 4 complete
More Gifts
More Gifts

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 18:33 Jerykk

I'm eyeing The Walking Dead and might bite at Batman AC before its all over. Everything else I've either already got or doesn't interest me.

There was a Batman franchise flash sale yesterday where Arkham City was only $10. In fact, you could get Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Gotham City Impostors and all DLC for all those games for just $25. Great deal if you didn't already own them.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 18:12 zombiefan

So far:
BTTF Complete
Alan Wake Complete
Saints Row 3 Franchise.

I'm eyeing The Walking Dead and might bite at Batman AC before its all over. Everything else I've either already got or doesn't interest me.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 18:11 Creston

Deathbishop wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:59:
The damage so far:

Grimrock
Lara Croft: GoL
Renegade Ops
Batman: AC

I'll be picking up Saints Row before it expires tomorrow. Flash sales will be the death of me yet.

I got Batman AC, Saints Row 3rd, Space Marine, Hard Reset and Dead Island so far. No idea when I'll play all of those, but oh well.

Creston

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 17:50 Jerykk

Lukin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:31:
Assuming that Arma2 sales are due to Summer Sale and Dayz...I have both already and I have to say Dayz is still so Beta I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about. A cool concept, sure, but it suffers from the same issues the series suffers from.

Too focused on being a "sim" and counter-intuitive controls make it a chore to play. Yes, I'm sure you can remap keys and spend time finding a community so you know the folks you're playing with, hopefully resulting in a less sparsely populated multiplayer session. But, that's a lot of effort when I have a dozen other games I could play.

It's pretty impressive that Arma2 has managed to stay near the top of the charts throughout the summer sale, despite having a relatively weak discount.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 17:42 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 17:34:
Elricsi wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 17:26:
I have not succumbed yet, but think I am about to take the plunge on SR3. Any DLC a must buy for it?

The season pass gets you GenkiBowl, Trouble With Clones, Gangstas In Space and the Nightblade pack. Genki is just more activites, but the Gangstas and Clones have a few missions each.

Almost everything else is either outfits or early unlocks...

But if you add up the price of those three individually and the base game, or the season pass plus base game, turns out its better just to get the complete pack for $24 which contains ALL the dlc (except one most recently released costume one) as well as the base game.

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo