Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 17, 2012, 10:06 Verno

NetHead wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 20:21:
Torchlight maker outraged over what, another game that looks cartoonish and is hack and slash like, well guess what Torchlight wasn't the first there either so get over it.

Watching videos of this game and having played Torchlight the biggest similarity are the giant spiders, wow how original is that to begin with.

Yeah no, put on some glasses and watch the videos again. They rip artwork wholesale from Torchlight and WoW.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 02:21 eRe4s3r

I think you need to put your glasses on ;p "The biggest similarity" is literally a 1:1 copying of all art assets, not just "inspiration taken" but full blown GAME ART RIPPING. The only reason it looks different is because the game that does it has a terrible renderer.  

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2012, 02:20 eRe4s3r

the insecure content warning is because they are loading content from HTTP instead of HTTPS while the site runs on HTTPS ... this will always cause a warning, because it is "extremely bad practice" to put it lightly.  

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 23:47 Jivaro

NetHead wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 20:21:
Torchlight maker outraged over what, another game that looks cartoonish and is hack and slash like, well guess what Torchlight wasn't the first there either so get over it.

Watching videos of this game and having played Torchlight the biggest similarity are the giant spiders, wow how original is that to begin with.

Let's say the game sucks...so what? How does that have anything to do with stealing someone else's property? You didn't like the art style so they deserved to be ripped off?

I think most anime, at least the anime I have seen, pretty much looks the same in a very generalized type of way....and I am really not very fond of it. That doesn't mean I think the art assets from "Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence" can be copied by any thief able to get their shit on the app store because I think it looks "cartoonish" and they should "get over it".

If you can't see the obvious copying of Torchlight and WoW, go see an optometrist. If you seriously believe that they should have expected it and should get over it for using an art style you don't like...they don't make a doctor for that.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 23:55.

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 22:04 Wallshadows

They even steal from WoW such as the armor and weapon design. lol  

4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 22:00 The Half Elf

check out the link that shows off side by side Torchlight's assets used in this game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 20:21 NetHead

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 20:03 The Half Elf

Anyone else getting a Security message when trying to see the Wikileaks link?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 15, 2012, 18:41 Wallshadows

Keeps getting better and better for RIM these days...  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo