Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?

MP1st reports that Origin was promoting Battlefield 4 beta access as a perk for buying Medal of Honor: Warfighter, much like BF3 beta access was offered to owners of the previous MoH game. They have an image of this banner for a "Digital Deluxe Edition" of the shooter sequel, which has not yet been announced (though this would seem to be a formality), priced at $69.99, and note that this has since been replaced with a Battlefield 3 Premium banner. Thanks Joao via NeoGAF/Only Single Player/The Verge. In other MoH news, a new After Action Report on the Medal of Honor Warfighter Website has the latest on beta testing of this military shooter sequel, which includes the release of a new multiplayer trailer showing a "Rumble in the Tungawan Jungle."

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 19:13 finga

RailWizard wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:27:
I liked bf3 pre-balance. Which wasn't so bad I guess, but I had a lot of hours into it by that point.

Closed quarters offended me greatly however, followed by further offence at the premium crap....and now here is bf4 poking it head out already, with 3 dlc's still undelivered but already paid for by hordes of suckers everywhere.

Yeah I'd say I have a right to bitch. For the first time in battlefield history, I am pissed off at DICE.
Wait, how long do you think it'll be before another Battlefield comes out? I'm positive that it'd be at the end of 2013 at the earliest... Is two years between games not long enough for you? Because if so, then you should be pretty mad at EA for releasing Battlefield 3 so soon after Bad Company 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 19:09 Hump

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:46:
The entire point of this thread is too just fuel the rumors and hatred of EA and Battlefield. It was nothing more than a listing error so why keep it open? Why is this even a topic? Oh yea to get more hits to crappy gaming sites that pass it's dribble off as rumors. There is nothing to discuss to be honest. There is no Battlefield 4 for now and the $70 is for the new medal of honor premium.

yeah, Stephen is a real opportunistic dirtbag who is becoming as wealthy as Midas on the backs of poor, clueless kids. Dozey

Holy shit, where do these idiots come from.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

20. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 18:46 Rattlehead

The entire point of this thread is too just fuel the rumors and hatred of EA and Battlefield. It was nothing more than a listing error so why keep it open? Why is this even a topic? Oh yea to get more hits to crappy gaming sites that pass it's dribble off as rumors. There is nothing to discuss to be honest. There is no Battlefield 4 for now and the $70 is for the new medal of honor premium.  

19. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 18:27 RailWizard

I liked bf3 pre-balance. Which wasn't so bad I guess, but I had a lot of hours into it by that point.

Closed quarters offended me greatly however, followed by further offence at the premium crap....and now here is bf4 poking it head out already, with 3 dlc's still undelivered but already paid for by hordes of suckers everywhere.

Yeah I'd say I have a right to bitch. For the first time in battlefield history, I am pissed off at DICE.

18. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 18:27 HorrorScope

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 17:48:
Well you know the EA name is on the cover, so that automatically makes it so that everyone who posts on BN has to hate it for the sake of it.

And be right 19 out of 20 times.

17. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 18:10 arnold

how i wish i can see new ip on fps game....sick and tired those military shooter with the same formula...  

16. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 17:48 RollinThundr

DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 16:04:
Techie714 © wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 15:54:
Apparently the only guy that thought BF3 was awesome...checking in.....

It has it's warts but it's still the best multiplayer shooter around, I've tried to get into other games like Red Orchestra 2, Arma series, even *gasp* call of dooty but just find them lacking. I'm interested in trying Planetside 2.

Well you know the EA name is on the cover, so that automatically makes it so that everyone who posts on BN has to hate it for the sake of it.

15. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 17:43 Hump

There was no bigger fan of the Battlefield IP than myself. I played BF3 for 10 minutes and uninstalled it. It was simply an expanded version of the Bad Company games. I liked the Bad Company games but expected far more innovation from the original IP. Evidently "innovation" is now interchangeable with the term "micro-transactions" and "DLC".  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 17:43 [VG]Reagle

EA games game machine making more garbage. Think Ill play PS2 instead and its FREE...  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

13. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 17:31 Wallshadows

Cashing in before another video game industry collapse.

I don't have any facts to back this up but I like to be prepared for anything.

12. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:50 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 16:12:
Is it me or did that image show MoH:W at $70???

Also, DICE has fallen too long ago for me to care about them anymore. RIP BF, maybe by BF7 people will realize it's as bad as CoD.

It's $70 for MOH Digital Deluxe Edition, other than this "BF4 beta access" leak you mostly get early access to classes and unlocks.

11. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:27 Dmitri_M

I liked it too. I got two months of gaming out of it then stopped satisfied. That's about as long as I played BF2. At the time I thought BF2 was a dumbed down Operation Flashpoint, and I played way more OFP though I still enjoyed BF2 for what it was. So I don't get the people complaining about BF3. How different is it really from BF2? There must be some nuance to this hatred that I'm just missing.

I can see complaints about the maps be valid. But on the whole, what alternative to BF3 exists right now?

10. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:14 Agent.X7

No, I like it too. It has issues, but it's still fun.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:12 ASeven

Is it me or did that image show MoH:W at $70???

Also, DICE has fallen too long ago for me to care about them anymore. RIP BF, maybe by BF7 people will realize it's as bad as CoD.

8. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:09 eunichron

DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 15:58:
BF2143

If they want to compete with PS2 it's going to have to be 2143.

With that said... ALL OF MY MONEY!

7. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 16:04 DangerDog

It has it's warts but it's still the best multiplayer shooter around, I've tried to get into other games like Red Orchestra 2, Arma series, even *gasp* call of dooty but just find them lacking. I'm interested in trying Planetside 2.

6. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 15:58 DangerDog

Well, people keep buying the sports games every year so why can't shooters be the same?

It'll be BF2143 or Bad Company 3 most likely, marketing got ahead of themselves this time, in either case I'm fine with this.

5. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 15:55 TangledThorns

This has to be the biggest mistake this year, I'm sure someone at EA got reamed over this hard.

Anyways, I'm sure they are working on a BF4 but not releasing it for a few years. If they made any announcement it'd screw up the BF3 expansion sales.

4. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 15:54 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 15:47 RailWizard

I hope death comes quick to this industry. It's painful to watch the decline.  

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo