Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deadpool Game

A Deadpool Game Website is online, counting down the last few hours before a presumed official unveiling of a game based on the popular comic book character. This means there are no details for now, but the site does show this is being developed by High Moon Studios (Transformers) to be published by Activision. Thanks VG247.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 16:07 Dr. D. Schreber

007Bistromath wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:29:
I will not play this game unless Deadpool himself apologizes for how buggy and boring it's going to be. *folds arms*

In addition, Deadpool's Panty Shot needs to be referenced.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 15:14 Hyatus

.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 03:44:
They did start a Dirty Harry game once, then canceled it.
[...]he seems like nothing more than a smart mouthed merc with a gun and sword, who seemed to have a knack for making improbable escapes from deadly situations,

Which is what makes him fun, imo. I mean, it's comics. People long dead come back to life all of the time. Escaping from certain death via improbable means is half of that fun.

who was created as a throw away foe for Wolverine. I seem to remember he was a temp foe meant to replace Sabertooth (who was half dead or something from having adamantium ripped out of his bones)

He was a foe for X-Force(Cable and about half of the New Mutants). And it was Wolverine who had the adamantium ripped out of his bones.

[... also vaguely remember them mentioning he had a healing factor based on mutated cancer cells or something, but it's been a while, so I might be wrong.

He had tumors which accelerated their growth when he was injected with the mutant healing factor(Possibly from Wolverine's cells?).

13. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 12:29 007Bistromath

I will not play this game unless Deadpool himself apologizes for how buggy and boring it's going to be. *folds arms*  

12. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 09:07 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 06:22:

As for Deadpool, I never get all the love people have for him. Granted, I haven't touched a Marvel comic in 10+ years, but from what I remember of him when he was introduced, he seems like nothing more than a smart mouthed merc with a gun and sword, who seemed to have a knack for making improbable escapes from deadly situations, who was created as a throw away foe for Wolverine. I seem to remember he was a temp foe meant to replace Sabertooth (who was half dead or something from having adamantium ripped out of his bones) and Cyber, I think it was (who was eaten alive to get at his Adamantium skin, which was used to replace Wolverine's missing adamantium).
I also vaguely remember them mentioning he had a healing factor based on mutated cancer cells or something, but it's been a while, so I might be wrong.

Yeah, he's changed quite a bit since his introduction. He's an interesting character because he's fully aware that's he a comic book character and constantly breaks the fourth wall. He does this in front of other characters too, which makes their confused reactions all the more amusing. He's essentially an anti-hero who doesn't always have the best intentions but usually ends up doing the right thing, albeit through ridiculous and highly improbable means.

What Jerykk said. Added to that if I remember correctly he is in one of those "Unable to die" situations because he dated Death for awhile, pissed her off, and now she won't let him come back.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

11. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 06:22 Jerykk

As for Deadpool, I never get all the love people have for him. Granted, I haven't touched a Marvel comic in 10+ years, but from what I remember of him when he was introduced, he seems like nothing more than a smart mouthed merc with a gun and sword, who seemed to have a knack for making improbable escapes from deadly situations, who was created as a throw away foe for Wolverine. I seem to remember he was a temp foe meant to replace Sabertooth (who was half dead or something from having adamantium ripped out of his bones) and Cyber, I think it was (who was eaten alive to get at his Adamantium skin, which was used to replace Wolverine's missing adamantium).
I also vaguely remember them mentioning he had a healing factor based on mutated cancer cells or something, but it's been a while, so I might be wrong.

Yeah, he's changed quite a bit since his introduction. He's an interesting character because he's fully aware that's he a comic book character and constantly breaks the fourth wall. He does this in front of other characters too, which makes their confused reactions all the more amusing. He's essentially an anti-hero who doesn't always have the best intentions but usually ends up doing the right thing, albeit through ridiculous and highly improbable means.

10. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 03:44 .Drifter

9. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 02:01 Hyatus

Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 21:47:
And how do you know this isn't based on the 1988 Clint Eastwood movie?

I just watched that last week. I love the Jim Carrey "overdose" scene right after he lip-syncs to Guns N' Roses. The band(minus Axl, of course) makes an appearance later in the film.

Somebody should make a Dirty Harry game.

Anyways, yay Deadpool!

8. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 00:37 kanniballl

killer_roach wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 23:32:
kanniballl wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:19:
Well, as of a little while ago there was a YouTube video up showing what I imagine was in-game footage.

I wonder if the voice over "pew-pew's" are actually from the game, or just the DeadPool narrator commenting on the video.

If it's being consistent with the character, they're likely in the game.

Yeh, he's definitely one of the more interesting Marvel characters. And to be honest, with the exception of Iron Man and some Ultimates stuff... I probably have more of his comics than any Marvel characters.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 23:32 killer_roach

kanniballl wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:19:
Well, as of a little while ago there was a YouTube video up showing what I imagine was in-game footage.

I wonder if the voice over "pew-pew's" are actually from the game, or just the DeadPool narrator commenting on the video.

If it's being consistent with the character, they're likely in the game.

6. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 22:19 kanniballl

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 21:47 Cutter

And how do you know this isn't based on the 1988 Clint Eastwood movie?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 21:13 Wallshadows

What's happening with the movie anyway? Seems like its been stuck in pre-production since forever.  

3. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 20:08 Trevellian

Deadpool is such a great character. I've always loved his sense of humor. High Moon did a great job with Transformers but I dunno. Superhero game is much different than a shooting robot game.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

2. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 19:14 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:57:
So High Moon Studios is making both a Deadpool AND Hit Monkey game? Interesting. Probably would have made more sense to just put Hit Monkey into the Deadpool game, since the two characters have crossed paths before.

True...but I'm still enthused to see a new Marvel game with no Wolverine in it. And if they can keep the feel and theme of the character consistent through it, I'm buying for sure.

1. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 18:57 Jerykk

So High Moon Studios is making both a Deadpool AND Hit Monkey game? Interesting. Probably would have made more sense to just put Hit Monkey into the Deadpool game, since the two characters have crossed paths before.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo