Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

The Best Deals of July in Digital Games on Amazon (thanks nin via Shacknews) has a load of huge discounts, and today's deals are up in the Steam summer sale, while there's still time to get in on yesterday's as well (not to mention the Flash deals). Here's a big batch of sale items

• Achtung Panzer: Operation Star - Sokolovo 1943 on GamersGate. Save 19%.
  • Achtung Panzer: Operation Star on GamersGate. Save 38%.
  • Achtung Panzer: Operation Star - Volokonovka 1942 (summer) on GamersGate. Save 47%.
  • Afterfall: InSanity on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Anno 2070 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Battlefield 3 Ultimate Shortcut on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 33%.
  • The Binding of Isaac on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Borderlands on GamersGate. Save 67%.
  • Breaking The Rules – The Roman Tournament on GamersGate. Save 71%.
  • From Dust on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Hacker Evolution Collection on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Hacker Evolution Duality on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Hacker Evolution Untold on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Indie Bundle II on Steam. Save 75%.
  • L.A. Noire on GamersGate. Save 80%.
  • Max Payne 3 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Metacell on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • Metacell Soundtrack Bundle on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • PAYDAY: The Heist on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Pitiri 1977 on GamersGate. Save 50%.
  • The Sims 3 Plus Showtime on GamersGate. Save 33%.
  • Stardrone on GamersGate. Save 85%.
  • Sonic Generations on Steam. 3Save 66%.
  • Storm over the Pacific on GamersGate. Save 66%.
  • Summer Indie Drop on GOG.com. Save 50%.
  • Sword of the Stars on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Sword of the Stars Argos Naval Yard on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Sword of the Stars Complete Collection on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Sword of the Stars: A Murder of Crows on GamersGate. Save 75%.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai on GameStop PC Downloads. Save 67%.
  • Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Ubisoft Strategy and Sim Games on GOG.com. Save 50%.
  • Unity of Command on GamersGate. Save 40%.
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on Steam. Save 75%.

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

76. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 17:23 Mordecai Walfish

hb3d wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:07:
Unlike you my life doesn't revolve around the Steam website or this one. And you should be glad it doesn't since Steam has such load problems anyway.

I don't think anybody here cares about any "load problems" that *you* will ever face.. or much of anything you have to say, for that matter.

Lets hope those "load problems" translate to the bedroom as well and keep you from breeding. <3

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 15:18 Dmitri_M

Dev wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 08:49:
I know some other people have offered in these steam sale threads, I'll offer too. If you paypal me the funds, I'll gift you it. The deal is over in 2 hours so you'll need to hurry.
Thanks for the offer, I convinced a US co-worker to gift it to me before the offer ended

74. Re: Your post was still pointless and stupid. Jul 15, 2012, 14:25 Ray Marden

Let me second that - if you compare the daily (or these days, hourly...) deal sites, Steam is not necessarily the low cost leader.

If you are not checking out something like http://www.cheapassgamer.com/ on at least a daily basis, the Steam "deals" that people may have been amazed by are often weak in comparison.

Though typically for short period of times, there can be amazing steals found at Amazon, Origin, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly, (when hell freezes over) Gamestop, Facebook, etc. A lot of times, you can buy the game at company A and then download the game from Steam/Origin using the product key. Then again, I have seen Amazon ship physical copies for half the rate another platform is charging for a digital download.

Just looking at Steam's current deal page, I can spot six titles that are overpriced when compared to historical purchase rates.
Stop whining. Get games at great prices. Have fun. Huzzah.
Surprised that my wife seems to be enjoying L.A. Noire,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

73. Re: Your post was still pointless and stupid. Jul 15, 2012, 13:14 Prez

That's why it was posted at 3 in the morning, and not now. Can you not see timestamps? Or did amazon not teach you how to read?

LMAO! I find that hard to believe - Amazon has given away thousands of free e-books. Surely he has brushed up on his reading skills with those.

And personally, I don't care if someone likes Amazon or Steam (I love both myself); just don't be a dick about it. The complaint about posting on a sale that may end before someone else reads it (note to the oblivious: it's not 3am everywhere when it's 3 where you are) has to be one of the dumber rants I've seen in a while.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 13:21.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

72. Your post was still pointless and stupid. Jul 15, 2012, 12:28 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:13:
That's why it was posted at 3 in the morning, and not now.
If the time limit to vote on it was that short, you should have included that information in your post. Otherwise by the time most people see it, it is too late. You may think the world revolves around you, but most people aren't going to hang around this forum at three in the morning to read your ravings.

that would mean you shouldn't be posting sale items either, since they wouldn't be valid after a certain amount of time. How "stupid and pointless" is that?
Unlike you I wouldn't post a notice of a sale that was going to be over in a couple of hours unless I noted that in the post. Otherwise that would be pointless and stupid because it would be over by the time most people see it.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 12:47.

71. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 12:25 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:23:
Holy shit, voting works now. Hell froze over!

For you maybe, still not for me. I'm going to try it through logging in on the web and also restarting steam.

Maybe you got to be THE ONE out of the 10,000 voting attempts in that second that it actually processed.

70. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 12:23 nin

Holy shit, voting works now. Hell froze over!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

69. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 12:20 El Pit

Dev wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:16:
El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:12:
I can't vote for the flashies. What are you doing, Valve?

Its called the "not testing much since its boring" strategy.

And they'd better not screw me out of my badge. I've voted in every single community sale up to now.

LOL. I guess the same team that's NOT working on HL2:E3 is working on the flashies vote.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

68. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:19 El Pit

nin, just ignore the troll. Don't feed it, and it will return to its home under the bridge.  

67. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 12:16 Dev

El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 12:12:

Its called the "not testing much since its boring" strategy.

And they'd better not screw me out of my badge. I've voted in every single community sale up to now.

66. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:13 nin

It's not a choice now so telling people to vote for it in your post was stupid and pointless.

That's why it was posted at 3 in the morning, and not now. Can you not see timestamps? Or did amazon not teach you how to read?

And if I used your (faulty) logic, that would mean you shouldn't be posting sale items either, since they wouldn't be valid after a certain amount of time. How "stupid and pointless" is that?

65. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 12:12 El Pit

64. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:12 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 11:58:
I might need to go back and add in your latest amazon shills...what do they pay you?
Its theoretically possible he just likes to get the best deal on a game regardless of where its available to purchase. If he was trying to push amazon deals, he should be posting referral links to get some of the profit. Unless he's an employee or something.
I've mentioned amazon a few times myself when its had some good deals, especially ones that activate on steam.

If one cares about price alone, then one should be platform agnostic and willing to buy on amazon, GoG, steam, origin, GMG, beamdog or any other platforms. Second to steam, amazon probably has some of the best sales and deals on PC games. And amazon tends to have discounts more often on pre-orders or early purchases.

I'm not that way, I prefer steam over all others. Not only do I trust valve more than say EA, but I have most of my games there. I've bought 2nd (sometimes 3rd or 4th) copies of games on steam just to have them more conveniently available. But I do have an amazon account, and if they have something better priced that has a steam code, I will sometimes buy it.

I'm on the side of informing potential buyers of all options (especially if they are cheaper) and letting them make decisions. I'd rather see amazon sales and links, than not see them, along with Origin sales and links, steam sales and links, etc etc.

If links to game sales because a spammish problem, I have no problem if blue wanted to say something like only put links to game sales in the on sale threads, but he might need to put one of those threads in every day's blues update. Some days don't end up getting any, and then when sales happen, I end up putting the info in something like the week's top ten in steam thread, or some such

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 12:23.

63. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 12:07 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 11:58:
That's because it was one of the choices during the last vote.
It's not a choice now so telling people to vote for it in your post was stupid and pointless.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that.
Unlike you my life doesn't revolve around the Steam website or this one. And you should be glad it doesn't since Steam has such load problems anyway.

No, I played it for an hour. And at no time did I say where to get it.
That doesn't make you less of a hypocrite just because you shilled for the game that time instead of where to buy it.

62. Re: Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 11:58 nin

Quantum is not one of the three games up for vote for the next flash sale (Terrarria, Dungeon Defenders, Bastion).

That's because it was one of the choices during the last vote. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that.

I'm so glad the shill is back...let's recap hb3ds numerous hits:

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 12:46:

Nice review, shill. Or are you just a hypocrite?

No, I played it for an hour. And at no time did I say where to get it.

Unlike your posts:

Amazon downloads has it for the same price as Steam's was.

Amazon downloads work great.

Downloading these installation files uses Amazon's special applet for that particular download

d unlike Steam the download speeds have always been great for me because of Amazon's cloud

you don't have to worry about hackers stealing Amazon's customer database because Amazon has better security.

Amazon downloads has some great deals on EA games today (11/28).

Amazon game downloads has some great deals today that beat Steam like:

Amazon game downloads has a new set of deals up here.

He could then download the game from Steam instead of Amazon since the game requires Steam anyway.

Have him create an Amazon account with one of your email addresses.

There is a new batch of deals at Amazon today

It has been reported by numerous people on the Steam forums that entering a U.S. address from a state without Amazon sales tax such as Florida in your Amazon account as your billing address will overcome that restriction.

Amazon has Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition for $7.50 and Dragon Age 2 for $5.

you don't have to worry about being forced to use it if you get Dragon Age 2 from Amazon.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is now $34.99 at Amazon.

Amazon game downloads now has Crisis Maximum Edition for $7.50

Battlefield 3 is $29.99 today at Amazon game downloads

Amazon game downloads has the game on sale today for $5.99.

GTAIV is $4.99 today at Amazon

Dead Space 2 is $5 today from Amazon game downloads.

Alice Madness is $7.49 today at Amazon game downloads.

EA's games are available for download on Origin and every other digital distributor such as Amazon except Steam.

For some reason none of Bethesda's games are available from Amazon downloads

Well today is the last day of the EA sale week at Amazon game downloads.

Yesterday Amazon sold so many copies of Medal of Honor (free with $5 Holiday Coupon) that it ran out of product keys

Sorry. Amazon ran out of keys again before the end of the day,

Amazon has lots of these sales

Amazon game downloads has run the Crysis Maximum Edition,

check back regularly at Amazon.

Amazon has had COD:MW2 for $5

Amazon has also had MW3 for $29.99

In your Amazon account information enter Florida as your state under your billing information.

Amazon doesn't check this information for validity with your payment method.

I'm all for sales on Origin because Amazon will at least match these prices.

Speaking of Amazon its current sale is buy 1 get 1 on a host of older games from Ubisoft that are now DRM-free @ Amazon.

You should be able to buy the game from Amazon

And, by "move" I mean you enter a city, state, and ZIP code like "ORLANDO, FL 32801" as a new address in your Amazon account and then use that address when you purchase the game.

Amazon will give you a code which you can enter into Steam

Amazon also provides a downloader applet to download a particular game

Amazon's game files for Steamworks games are the same as those for retail Steamwork

CKII is not listed on Amazon's store page as requiring Steam

Simply download the game from Amazon.

Amazon is a huge, reliable company, and its game downloads work great.

So in your 52 post history, I count you've mentioned Amazon 46 times, at minimum? And you're not a shill?

I might need to go back and add in your latest amazon shills...what do they pay you?

61. Quantum Continuum is currently $9 at Amazon. Jul 15, 2012, 11:44 hb3d

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 03:05:
And vote for Quantum for the next one, dammit! I want that!!!
Quantum is not one of the three games up for vote for the next flash sale (Terrarria, Dungeon Defenders, Bastion).

It is currently on sale at Amazon right now for $9 (40% off). Given how new the game is, I doubt it will be on sale any cheaper since Steam's current "discount" of $1.50 on it is a joke.

But you will probably whine and not get it at Amazon because you can only give your money to your pimp Steam.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 11:59.

60. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 11:23 nin

OK, this is getting ridiculous - it shouldn't take 20 minutes of repeated tries to make the damn voting script work.

59. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 10:50 Cutter

Just grabbed Bats AC and the DLC and TWII Velvet Edition for $27 all said and done. Good stuff.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

58. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 08:52 J

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 07:04:
Wow, one I voted for finally won. LA Noire complete for $5. That's a great deal, for those that don't have it.

I wanted it!

I voted for it!!

It won!!!

I had my credit card ready!!!!

And then it wasn't available for sale to my region.

KHAAAAAN!!!!!

57. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2012, 08:49 Dev

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 07:04:
Wow, one I voted for finally won. LA Noire complete for $5. That's a great deal, for those that don't have it.

I wanted it!

I voted for it!!

It won!!!

I had my credit card ready!!!!

And then it wasn't available for sale to my region.
Thats stupid of rockstar to pull crap like that.

I know some other people have offered in these steam sale threads, I'll offer too. If you paypal me the funds, I'll gift you it. The deal is over in 2 hours so you'll need to hurry.

I don't see you in the blues news steam group, so I dunno what your handle is. I'm the one in the group playing tropico 4 at the moment.

As a side note, I'm doing this as a favor, and not doing this to lose money, so you'll need to paypal me enough to take care of the fees. Paypal is now charging most methods to paypal without the seller eating a fee.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2012, 09:01.

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo