Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bad Planet Kickstarter

This Kickstarter is looking to fund Bad Planet, planned as an episodic game for Steam and eventually consoles. The hook here is that this is based on a science fiction comic series written by Hollywood actor Thomas Jane (The Punisher/Hung), who is pitching the game at Comic-Con. Word is: "This is a real passion project for Jane and a great IP to be turned into a game. The story of Bad Planet is one of an apocalyptic invasion of alien Death Spiders and a centuries-old alien warrior, called the Convict, hellbent on stopping them. The game would be a third person action game with brutal, combo-based melee combat. Delivered in episodic format (2-4 hours each) it would hit Steam first, then hopefully also XBLA and PSN."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 11:55 Cutter

And the only reason they're going PC is for KS but you can see the intent is clearly console. $15 for a 2 hour game? And why does Thomas Jane need 600k for this? He's already rich. I like him, but I don't like this. KS isn't intended for multi-millionaires who don't want to risk any of their own money.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 10:57 Mr. Tact

On the bright side, DG is currently 50% off on Steam, I think I'll pick it up. (Frankly, I had never heard of it before now)  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 10:46 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 10:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:19:
There's also a Defense Grid 2 kickstarter. Went live a couple days ago, and already has $75K.
I realize that some kickstarters start off with "extended goals" -- but the way this one is setup seems... hmmm... I'll say "odd". The posted goal is $250k. However, in reality to get DG2 they have to reach the extended goal of $1m.

I still scratching my head that DG2 would need a kickstarter. I guess I assumed, based on word of mouth and frequent sales, that it sold well. And if it did, I'm not sure why it would need a KS.

Lately it seems like more KS are from folks that probably have the money, but would rather not take the risk, and instead would ask customers to kick in for them. Which seems kinda tacky.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 13, 2012, 10:42 Mr. Tact

There's also a Defense Grid 2 kickstarter. Went live a couple days ago, and already has $75K.
I realize that some kickstarters start off with "extended goals" -- but the way this one is setup seems... hmmm... I'll say "odd". The posted goal is $250k. However, in reality to get DG2 they have to reach the extended goal of $1m.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2012, 06:26 Rigs

You know, it's not really related to the story, but does anyone remember the old Bethesda game that eventually got canned, 10th Planet? I vaguely remember that shaping up to be one hell of a game! Wonder if they'll ever try to resurrect old games that didn't quite make it to release? That would be major awesome! Especially if they finally got around to finishing and releasing Babylon5: Into The Fire! God, I'd give a kidney for that game! Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury would be good too! Or maybe that Warcraft RPG that they shelved to build WoW instead? So many possibilities and here we are rehashing the same stuff, like movie reboots! Lets get some originality in here, eh?

And now that I think of it, what about that cool space-sim Red Storm was working on way, way back (forgot the name of it)?! WE NEED MORE SPACE SIMS! ...and NAVAL SIMS! One reboot I'd like is another Task Force 1942...ah, it's nice to dream, ain't it? Instead we're supposed to get excited over another Call of Duty...and ANOTHER Medal of Honor...and another Max Payne and ANOTHER Far Cry...(well, actually I'm looking forward to the next Far Cry but anyway)... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

Post number 1000!!! Yay! And it only took 10 years!

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2012, 12:57.

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

2. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 12, 2012, 22:40 Deathhead

The first one is pretty much the greatest tower defense game ever made. Can't wait to see DG2. They even got Randy Pitchford and Chris Taylor pimping it.

Damn you for telling me about this, I've done way too much Kickstarter lately!

1. Re: Bad Planet Kickstarter Jul 12, 2012, 22:19 jdreyer

The first one is pretty much the greatest tower defense game ever made. Can't wait to see DG2. They even got Randy Pitchford and Chris Taylor pimping it.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo