Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

49. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:36 Dev

ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:13:
Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:09:
What badges? I don't see any?

Need to go to your profile page, look at the right side.

Thanks, it woulda been nice of steam to inform about that in some place like say the front page of the steam sale, like they've done with the sale achivements on every other one.

So anyway, are there any other community choice votes to participate in besides whats next for a sale? It says participate in 20 of them, but going at once a day is not going to be enough with just 10 days to go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:34 Dev

m00t wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:21:
The Content servers may not be the same servers that host the store website. From what I understand those are just the servers that feed, well, content, like games and such. So I wouldn't take that page to mean much with regards to the website.
If thats the case, then they should set it up so that a fallback with a loadbalancer will use other servers such as content servers that always have spare capacity.

Its incompetent of valve for this to happen EVERY SINGLE big sale and release. If their own employees aren't specialized enough or interested enough to fix this, then they need to outsource it to one of the many companies that can do it properly for large companies. Having a storefront error out literally costs money.

47. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:33 NegaDeath

ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:13:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:06:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:59:
Ooh meta Steam badges to earn... Looks like I already have three. What do I win

Some meta Steam badges.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

....oh cool I have 3 badges.

46. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:30 Cutter

Most of these are no great bargain as they've already hit these sale prices or cheaper long ago on Steam and other sites. Like the 20 points off on ARMA combined atm is still way too pricey for the sake of a mod. I'm definitely in with the $10 or less or no sale crowd on the vast majority of these titles anyway.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

45. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:27 jimnms

Has Steam ever offered more than 75% off a game during a sale? There are several games in my wish list that aren't daily deals that are already at 75% off.  

Steam Profile

44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:21 m00t

The Content servers may not be the same servers that host the store website. From what I understand those are just the servers that feed, well, content, like games and such. So I wouldn't take that page to mean much with regards to the website.  

43. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:18 theyarecomingforyou

Bucky wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:10:
As a general rule, if I'm even interested and it's under $5 I buy it. Anything over $5 has to be something I want--for instance, Rayman Origins is $15 right now. I'm interested, but not enough to bite at that price.
Yeah. I'm being a lot more careful this time around. I too like the look of Rayman Origins but I've got plenty of other games to play while I wait for it to hit a better price; I just don't feel the value is there.

I'll probably pick up Legend of Grimrock, as other than that I've already got most of them. But if it hadn't been 60% off I'd have probably passed on it. I'm only just getting around to some games I picked up on sale months ago, like W40K Space Marine - I picked it up 4 months ago and only started playing it this week. There's no point rushing when better sales will come along later.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

42. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:15 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:48:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:27:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:26:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

And the awesome editor coming later on will make this game pretty priceless by adding endless replay.

I hope a Dungeon Master remake is the first mod to show up.

Will they allow full on modding for the game? I haven't followed the editor updates that closely.

Apparently they will allow very close to it. Watch the latest editor update on youtube and you'll get all your questions answered.

41. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:13 ASeven

Some meta Steam badges.

40. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:09 Dev

Some meta Steam badges.

39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:59 McSterls

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:50:
[quote="The only thing right now I'm semi-interested in is Spec Ops because Yahtzee actually got me interested in it. Though it's only $5 off right now. Anyone think it'll go on sale or is it too early?

I think so. Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.

38. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:56 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:50:
The only thing right now I'm semi-interested in is Spec Ops because Yahtzee actually got me interested in it. Though it's only $5 off right now. Anyone think it'll go on sale or is it too early?

Never buy stuff on a steam sale unless its a daily/flash... until the very last day. Check what the end time of the sale on spec ops is on its page. If it says july 23, then don't buy it until july 22.

Daily and flash deals are almost always lower than the entire sale deals, and 9 times out of 10, if you buy something in the first couple days not on a daily, it will go on a better daily sale before the sales end.

Set aside some time on the last steam sale day to go back over the list of stuff still on sale and on your wishlist, and see if anything you want is still unbought (stupid steam still can't figure out how to properly automatically remove games you've bought from your wishlist), and on a reasonable sale, then buy the remainder on that last day.

37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:56 Beamer

Yeah, all I'm seeing that I want that's at a decent sale right now are Arma II (which I may wait on until it's cheaper, given that I can't play until late next week) and Hard Reset, which it turns out I bought for $5 in December. This, by the way, is the second time in two months I've discovered I owned Hard Reset and been surprised about it.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:50 Sepharo

Panickd wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:47:
At least I already own (thanks to other sales) or don't give two craps about whats out there today. But I know there is something coming that will scream, "You must own this!" and I will bite because I am a gaming consumer whore.

Same here. I've already bought all the games I want. The only thing right now I'm semi-interested in is Spec Ops because Yahtzee actually got me interested in it. Though it's only $5 off right now. Anyone think it'll go on sale or is it too early?

35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:48 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:27:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

And the awesome editor coming later on will make this game pretty priceless by adding endless replay.

I hope a Dungeon Master remake is the first mod to show up.

Will they allow full on modding for the game? I haven't followed the editor updates that closely.

34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:47 Panickd

No Steam, no!

At least I already own (thanks to other sales) or don't give two craps about whats out there today. But I know there is something coming that will scream, "You must own this!" and I will bite because I am a gaming consumer whore.

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:39 Dev

ARMA 2 is still the top seller and its only on a 20% off sale.

Hopefully there will be a daily on that before it ends.

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:36 mch

Yeah I'm basically a terrible person.

PSN: CaseDesignate

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:35 Cram

nin wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:22:
Yes! And grab The Missing Link DLC while you're there.

Thanks! Would have missed that completely without the reminder.
Also grabbed Alan Wake at 50% off. Has also been on my radar for awhile.

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:34 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:16:
I just think of all the games I already own and haven't finished yet.
I tried that, it didn't help.

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo