Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

89. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:51 nin

hb3d wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:13:
McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:59:
Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.
Why don't you buy it from Amazon? It's still on sale for $25. The game requires Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it. It ends up on in your Steam account regardless.

Plus it gives him an excuse to pimp amazon downloads, something he frequently does. Almost like they're paying him.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

88. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:37 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:26:
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:23:
I voted for it, even though I already own it, because it's such an amazing game.

So go, people! It's a mere $12.49.
SR3 plus all the current DLC is only $25

Is that worth it?

Edit: I manually checked all the DLC in the franchise pack against the DLC list, and its actually missing one, "Genki girl pack" with some vehicles, probably since it just came out less than 10 days ago. But doesn't look like I'd miss out on much if I skipped it

hell yea it is worth it!

It is over the top GTA.
The DLC, meh. Most of it is skins and guns, but there are 2 game content packs. Haven't really been impressed with the DLC.

Was hoping Witcher 2 would win so I could add it to my Steam profile - oh well, I am sure it will still go on sale.

Might pickup the SR3 DLC content pieces (2 of them) otherwise, nothing on sale today for me.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

87. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:36 DeadlyAccurate

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:26:
I voted for it, even though I already own it, because it's such an amazing game.

Is that worth it?

Edit: I manually checked all the DLC in the franchise pack against the DLC list, and its actually missing one, "Genki girl pack" with some vehicles, probably since it just came out less than 10 days ago. But doesn't look like I'd miss out on much if I skipped it

If you want the extra mission DLC, it's a better deal than just getting the game + the mission pack separately. But most of the DLC is just costume stuff from what I can tell.

86. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:30 jacobvandy

Only DLC I've bought for SR3 is the season pass that gives you the three of them that actually include new content. Not really interested in unlocking new character/weapon/vehicle skins.

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 18:46:
Only 1 potato since that whole event was basically a scam from valve, it didn't even unlock portal 2 a day early. Even if I'd gotten them all and gotten the valve package, I already owned all the games from that. I got the 1 potato just in case it ever mattered in the future. And I guess it did, for this badge.

My potato is gold! Worth it, for spending a weekend trying out a bunch of generally rather good indie games.

85. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:26 Dev

Is that worth it?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2012, 19:33.

84. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:24 NegaDeath

No stop! Bad wallet! We aren't buying more games the backlog is too long as it is. I said no! Wait what are you....put down the knife! Someone help it's out of control! NooooiwjgfioJKSJDV\SJFAal
*Buys Saints Row 3 Collection and Crusader Kings II Collection for $37.48*

83. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:23 DeadlyAccurate

Slashman wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:09:
I'm going to buy the Avernum Bundle and Grimrock.

I'll also pick up Endless Space if it hits 50% off.

Saint's Row the Third better win that 75% discount vote! Or there will be violent physical assaults on everyone in my Steam friends list.

82. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:13 hb3d

McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:59:
Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.
Why don't you buy it from Amazon? It's still on sale for $25. The game requires Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it. It ends up on in your Steam account regardless.

81. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:10 Dev

Looks like SR3 won, but its still too expensive for me to get it and all the DLC.
Edit: I may have spoken too soon, they just reduced the DLC to 75% too, so you can get the game AND all current DLC for $25.
Is SR3 w/DLC worth $25?

Next up vote for trine 2 please I want to get a copy for me and a friend

Edit:
New flash deal, warlock master of arcane and all its DLC for about $8

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2012, 19:19.

80. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:50 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 18:46:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:59:
Ooh meta Steam badges to earn... Looks like I already have three. What do I win
I have a mere 7 badges.

I see. Hey where the hell is my potato badge. I won potatoes! Didn't I?

79. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:46 Dev

I have a mere 7 badges.

Did a few things for the pillar of community one as well. Stupid steam, none of my previously captured replays in TF2 worked, including one I just took this morning. I finally had to find an empty server and just capture like 10 seconds of video and upload that.

Steam Summer Sale 2012
Junior Architect

Pillar of Community
(14 of 14 completed)

Years of Service
Level 7 (7 years of service)

Steam Holiday Sale 2011
Completed 64 achievements

Steam Summer Camp
Collected 57 tickets

The Potato Sack
Collected 1 potato

The Great Steam Treasure Hunt
Completed 15 or more objectives

Only 1 potato since that whole event was basically a scam from valve, it didn't even unlock portal 2 a day early. Even if I'd gotten them all and gotten the valve package, I already owned all the games from that. I got the 1 potato just in case it ever mattered in the future. And I guess it did, for this badge.

FloorPie wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 18:08:
Meh, wake me when Fallout3/New Vegas is on sale as a complete pack or two.
Thats happened many times, and not just during special steam sales such as summer/winter.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2012, 18:58.

78. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:39 inveigle88

How is Medieval II: Total War, and more to the point the 'Third Age - Total War' mod?  

77. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:38 Prez

DG wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 17:46:
Prez wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:34:
Shogun 2 was a maybe until I drilled down and realized how much stuff you don't get for that $7.50 including the most recent expansion.

If you are a fan of the Total War style or the Feudal Japan time period, I can virtually guarantee that will be the best $7.50 you have ever spent on a game. The DLC is largely filler stuff - for $7.50 you are getting a complete, engrossing, and gorgeous strategy game that you can and will play for dozens of hours.

Then there's the Shogun 2 Darthmod, which improves virtually every weakness the original game had, most notably the AI.
Does Shogun 2 play like the first Shogun, i.e. really good fun and not overburdened with crap like Rome? They seemed to be going downhill with every iteration of that game - on the strategy map anyway, they did seem to be getting better with the battles.

I gave up on the series with Rome, which was decent for battles but the strategy was a tortured experience (even though, or perhaps because, I like the civ games).

If you consider the complexity of the strategic portion of the game on the world map to be "going downhill", then I'd venture to say you most likely won't like Shogun 2. Shogun had a very simple "Risk-like" strategy map; every ensuing release has added features to deepen that portion of the game, which has been to the liking of most Total War fans, but apparently not all. It sounds like maybe Sengoku would be more what you are looking for.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

76. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:27 Dmitri_M

DG wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 17:46:
Does Shogun 2 play like the first Shogun, i.e. really good fun and not overburdened with crap like Rome? They seemed to be going downhill with every iteration of that game - on the strategy map anyway, they did seem to be getting better with the battles.
As someone who loved Shogun 1 and didn't like Rome or play any further TW games till Shogun 2 - I was really happy with Shogun 2.

75. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:10 jimnms

Tumbler wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:18:
I hope they're going to sell Blackshark 2 and the p51 thing from DCS on steam. Seems like they're way behind getting that stuff up and just selling everything directly from their website.

DCS Blackshark is $5 btw, anyone who's wanted that will probably like that price. A-10 is on sale as well, $16.

I really wish they'd get the BS 2 on Steam, especially if it doesn't have the shitty activation system. I didn't buy it from them due to the limited activation crap, but a friend bought it for me because he wanted to play coop. I installed it and played a bit of training, then built a new gaming system. I had trouble recovering the activation when I uninstalled it from the old system and had to contact them to have it manually deactivated.

I might pick up the DCS A-10, but I'm going to wait and see if it goes on a daily sale for a bit less first.

What is strange is on the DCS website it costs $40 to buy BS 2.0, but you can buy the original BS for $10 and the BS 2.0 upgrade for $20.

MeanJim on Steam

74. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 18:08 FloorPie

Meh, wake me when Fallout3/New Vegas is on sale as a complete pack or two.  

73. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:55 Veterator

sauron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:49:
Anyone think Skyrim will go below $39.99? Been looking forward to it for ages but not at $59.99. It's already 33% off.

Also there's a bundle with it in it. Only 10 bucks more for a bunch more games on top of skyrim. Bethesda Bundle with all the Fallout 3 stuff, Brink, and a game called Hunted for 49.99 including skyrim.

72. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:46 DG

Prez wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:34:
Shogun 2 was a maybe until I drilled down and realized how much stuff you don't get for that $7.50 including the most recent expansion.

If you are a fan of the Total War style or the Feudal Japan time period, I can virtually guarantee that will be the best $7.50 you have ever spent on a game. The DLC is largely filler stuff - for $7.50 you are getting a complete, engrossing, and gorgeous strategy game that you can and will play for dozens of hours.

Then there's the Shogun 2 Darthmod, which improves virtually every weakness the original game had, most notably the AI.

I gave up on the series with Rome, which was decent for battles but the strategy was a tortured experience (even though, or perhaps because, I like the civ games).

71. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:37 DG

sauron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:49:
Anyone think Skyrim will go below $39.99? Been looking forward to it for ages but not at $59.99. It's already 33% off.
it's a bargain at full price, IMHO. But as always with the sale, but on a daily deal or buy on the last day.

As for these badges, I haven't even achieved
Launch any game from your games list in the Steam Client.
ooohhhh kaaaay...

And yeah £20 is more than I'm willing to pay just to try DayZ mod.

70. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:12 Sepharo

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:33:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:13:
Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:09:
Some meta Steam badges.
What badges? I don't see any?
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

....oh cool I have 3 badges.

Damn beat me to it

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo