Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

109. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 22:18 SlimRam

Oh DEAR GOD I just got paid today and most of my bills are paid....thinking that I already have plenty of stuff to play and no time....thinking and peeking at the Steam sales....NOooooooooo *Throws my wallet across the room.......then dives after it screaming, "DAMN YOU STEAM!!!"  

Slightly Off Movie Quotes:

"I love the smell of napalm and 'Fruity Pebbles' in the morning."

Bill Kilgore - Apocalypse Now
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

108. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:49 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:26:
Just realized if you look at the timers - no new daily deals until Saturday.....
Will have to watch those quick deals I guess....
Pace yourself, man! We got another week and a half of this shit!

I AM BROTHER! But I have time and money NOW! Sat we are thinking of going to cabin to get out of MPLS after this past week.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

107. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:41 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:26:
Just realized if you look at the timers - no new daily deals until Saturday.....

Pace yourself, man! We got another week and a half of this shit!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

106. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:28 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:11:
Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:09:
Ahhh, my Saints Row the Third sale is here. Now I can get it and I can finally get nin off my ass about it.

Hmmm, 25 bucks for all the DLC included? Anyone know if the DLC is particularly worth it? They have an absolute fuckton of it.

Creston

Posted below - it is mostly skins, etc. Buf if you want the 3 content packs, might as well just get everything - end up getting skins, etc for free.

Yeah, I thought the sci-fi content pack looked pretty funky so I figured for 12 extra bucks I might as well get the whole thing. So 25 for SR3 and 3.75 for Hard Reset so far. I've managed to stay under 30 dollars for day one! Happy

/11 more days to come

Cry

Creston

105. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:26 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

104. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:23 eunichron

Creston wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:19:
Panickd wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:47:
No Steam, no!

At least I already own (thanks to other sales) or don't give two craps about whats out there today. But I know there is something coming that will scream, "You must own this!" and I will bite because I am a gaming consumer whore.

I always imagine the guys at Valve sitting there during the Summer Sale, watching the loot roll in and laughing uproariously at our poor impulse control.

Creston

I can't even begin to imagine how much their yearly profits are due to the summer sale alone. Yeah, they're selling cheap, but the sheer magnitude of how much they're selling easily dwarfs any other week.

I'm already in for $50 for the Paradox Pack. A little upsetting that I wasn't able to get extra copies of CK2, the M&B games, and Magcika out of it to give/trade away, but for Europa Universalis III and Sword of the Stars II it was worth it.

103. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:22 Dmitri_M

Dades wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 20:51:
Teddy wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 20:39:
Amazon's download service is US only. Can't even buy keys from them from elsewhere, unless you want to mess with VPN's. Can't speak for him, but that's why I don't use it.

Incorrect, you can setup a billing address on your Amazon account with a US property/place and it will happily let you buy/download whatever you want even if you use a foreign credit card. They don't seem to verify the details against your credit card. A lot of canadians at Slickdeals seem to use public US addresses like government buildings, libraries and hospitals.

I don't think this works with Amazon Instant Video but it does work for the videogame marketplace, thousands of people use it. Anything you have to get shipped will obviously not.
I can confirm what Dades said. I live deep in the heart of darkness a hillock away from Kurtz with a credit card whittled from Baobab bark using a random US address without issues. As long as they get their money they don't care about the legitimacy of the address.

102. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:19 Creston

Panickd wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:47:
No Steam, no!

At least I already own (thanks to other sales) or don't give two craps about whats out there today. But I know there is something coming that will scream, "You must own this!" and I will bite because I am a gaming consumer whore.

I always imagine the guys at Valve sitting there during the Summer Sale, watching the loot roll in and laughing uproariously at our poor impulse control.

Creston

101. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:19 Dades

Wow Steam has really upped its support game, I sent in a ticket and got an answer and fix in 20 minutes.  

100. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:12 nin

Ahhh, my Saints Row the Third sale is here. Now I can get it and I can finally get nin off my ass about it.

Hmmm, 25 bucks for all the DLC included? Anyone know if the DLC is particularly worth it? They have an absolute fuckton of it.

Creston

Check out the individual links - most of it is variant vehicles of stuff you can unlock in the game, or outfits. There's a few (3, I believe) that add actual content/missions, hence the higher price.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

99. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:12 xXBatmanXx

Anyone know if you can UNLINK for FB account? I don't have one, so I would link a friends then take it off. heheheh  

98. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:11 xXBatmanXx

Creston

Posted below - it is mostly skins, etc. Buf if you want the 3 content packs, might as well just get everything - end up getting skins, etc for free.

97. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:09 Creston

Creston

96. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 21:07 jdreyer

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:10:

Next up vote for trine 2 please I want to get a copy for me and a friend

Heh, I voted for Trine 2.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

95. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:51 Dades

Teddy wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 20:39:
Amazon's download service is US only. Can't even buy keys from them from elsewhere, unless you want to mess with VPN's. Can't speak for him, but that's why I don't use it.

Incorrect, you can setup a billing address on your Amazon account with a US property/place and it will happily let you buy/download whatever you want even if you use a foreign credit card. They don't seem to verify the details against your credit card. A lot of canadians at Slickdeals seem to use public US addresses like government buildings, libraries and hospitals.

I don't think this works with Amazon Instant Video but it does work for the videogame marketplace, thousands of people use it. Anything you have to get shipped will obviously not.

94. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:49 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:59:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:30:
Only DLC I've bought for SR3 is the season pass that gives you the three of them that actually include new content. Not really interested in unlocking new character/weapon/vehicle skins.
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:36:
If you want the extra mission DLC, it's a better deal than just getting the game + the mission pack separately. But most of the DLC is just costume stuff from what I can tell.
Yeah, looks like those 3 mission packs are $5 each for $15 right now, or I could get the season 3 thing for $13, or just get the "complete" pack for about $12 more than the game.

So if I'm going to get even just the mission DLC I might as well get the pack.

Actually - the DLC was already 33% off....and it didn't get more discount after SR3 won - so I am going to wait on the DLC. I want the Season Pass - but it should go cheaper right!?

93. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:39 Teddy

hb3d wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:13:
McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:59:
Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.
Why don't you buy it from Amazon? It's still on sale for $25. The game requires Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it. It ends up on in your Steam account regardless.

92. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:21 Prez

J wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 20:19:
Not only is my wallet in clear and present danger... how am I supposed to sleep with these flash sales?

LOL! Maybe we can take shifts...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

91. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:19 J

Not only is my wallet in clear and present danger... how am I supposed to sleep with these flash sales?  

90. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 19:59 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:30:
Only DLC I've bought for SR3 is the season pass that gives you the three of them that actually include new content. Not really interested in unlocking new character/weapon/vehicle skins.
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:36:
If you want the extra mission DLC, it's a better deal than just getting the game + the mission pack separately. But most of the DLC is just costume stuff from what I can tell.
Yeah, looks like those 3 mission packs are $5 each for $15 right now, or I could get the season 3 thing for $13, or just get the "complete" pack for about $12 more than the game.

So if I'm going to get even just the mission DLC I might as well get the pack.

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo