Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

129. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 03:42 Dev

.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:58:
As a side note, prices seemed to change randomly when the front page refreshes. Warlock, for example, is 30% off one refresh, 66% off the next, click add to cart on the 66% off one and the 30% off shows up in the cart, lol.
I give up for tonight.
I noticed that with the SR3 game, it was 50% off one minute and DLC like 33% off, then 75% off all. And it wasn't just front page, it was the game page.

Good ole valve and their crappy load balancing that happens EVERY SINGLE SUMMER/WINTER SALE

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

128. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:58 .Drifter

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:24:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:07:
Do the wishlist giveaways work on games that aren't out yet but are listed on Steam?
I'm not sure, I bet that would be in the terms of the specific contest running. If it doesn't, it would probably move to the next items, so when one of those contests hits, I usually have enough to have 10 at the top without counting pre-orders (so if I had 5 preorders I'd have 10 after that for a total of 15 expensive items).
.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:20:
Twenty minutes trying to buy Total War Samurai 2 package, and every time I get it in my cart, the friggin' cart empties.
Is it empty or just not showing? I've seen both happen today, where it will stop showing cart at the corner for a while then it comes back on a reload. I've also seen where I add something and it disappears.
Also, you may want to login and try from your web browser, see if that makes a difference, you can buy stuff from the steam webpage and not just within steam.

Good ole valve, their front end/load balancing crapping out as usual.

It was totally empty. I'd add the game, click the button to continue with purchase, and BAM empty cart. This was both one game at a time, and multiple games.
Heck, there were even times when I'd click the game to get to the page to add it to the cart and zip! Blank page.
Both the website and through steam client.
Eventually it just let me buy the 3 games I ended up buying one at a time.

As a side note, prices seemed to change randomly when the front page refreshes. Warlock, for example, is 30% off one refresh, 66% off the next, click add to cart on the 66% off one and the 30% off shows up in the cart, lol.
I give up for tonight.

127. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:24 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:07:
Do the wishlist giveaways work on games that aren't out yet but are listed on Steam?
I'm not sure, I bet that would be in the terms of the specific contest running. If it doesn't, it would probably move to the next items, so when one of those contests hits, I usually have enough to have 10 at the top without counting pre-orders (so if I had 5 preorders I'd have 10 after that for a total of 15 expensive items).
.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 02:20:
Twenty minutes trying to buy Total War Samurai 2 package, and every time I get it in my cart, the friggin' cart empties.
Is it empty or just not showing? I've seen both happen today, where it will stop showing cart at the corner for a while then it comes back on a reload. I've also seen where I add something and it disappears.
Also, you may want to login and try from your web browser, see if that makes a difference, you can buy stuff from the steam webpage and not just within steam.

Good ole valve, their front end/load balancing crapping out as usual.

126. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:20 .Drifter

125. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 Jerykk

124. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 01:27 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 00:17:
Remember that next time a steam contest runs that could give you your top 10 wishlisted items, you'll want to move your ten most expensive items to the top.

Always do!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

123. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 00:17 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 00:01:
I have 90 items in my wishlist.....I think 10 of them will be purchased for less than 2.00 each...going to wait until last day though.

In fact I moved stuff I want to watch into my top20. hehehehe
I have 100+ on mine. Its SUCH A PAIN to move items around isn't it? Good ole valve and its clunky interface should have a right click "move to top" and "move to bottom" buttons. And then if you forget to click the SAVE button at bottom after you are done (or figure it autosaves when it doesn't, except if you click to remove items, or if it errors out when clicking save like on a busy sale day such as TODAY), you'll have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

Oh and automatically remove items when you buy them. It sometimes does this and sometimes doesn't, perhaps related to if the games entry you wishlisted has disappeared from the database in the meantime, but steam could just auto mutate to the new game entry (such as if a game's original entry disappears replaced by a GotY version)

Remember that next time a steam contest runs that could give you your top 10 wishlisted items, you'll want to move your ten most expensive items to the top.

122. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 00:01 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 23:09:
Esoteric wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:59:
Some smaller games that have a big discount but aren't obvious to find: Reddit Thread

Great thread there, thanks!
I have 90 items in my wishlist.....I think 10 of them will be purchased for less than 2.00 each...going to wait until last day though.

In fact I moved stuff I want to watch into my top20. hehehehe

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2012, 00:07.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

121. Re: Grimrock or Warlock? Jul 12, 2012, 23:51 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:26:
To Grimrock or to Warlock, that is the question.
Who says you have to choose!? They are each only $5
Panickd wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 23:18:
Given the number of "special" sales they do each year I am surprised they make any money at all during their normal retail sessions. I can count on one hand the number of games I have bought at original retail prices. So much so that I wonder why people still do it. Even Max Payne 3 is on sale. It came out last month for crying out loud!
See skyrim.
Oh and ARMA 2.
Some smaller games that have a big discount but aren't obvious to find: Reddit Thread
Thank you
BTW, most of those are until the end of the sale so I recommend waiting until the 22nd before deciding on them in case they do a flash sale thats better.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2012, 00:04.

120. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:49 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:12:
Anyone know if you can UNLINK for FB account? I don't have one, so I would link a friends then take it off. heheheh
Why yes, you can unlink it, which is what I did. I had some random FB account I signed up for some FB games a long time ago and don't use anymore.

119. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:38 jimnms

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:12:
Anyone know if you can UNLINK for FB account? I don't have one, so I would link a friends then take it off. heheheh
Yes. I have a FB account, but I never put anything on it and don't use it. I linked it last time it was used for an achievement or something, then immediately unlinked it. Steam still thinks it's linked because I have that achievement.

MeanJim on Steam

118. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:37 eunichron

Panickd wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 23:18:
The only bundle it would make sense for me to get anymore is Popcap's, and I just might do that this year! :)

Heh, funny you say that because a friend messaged me a few hours ago saying he gifted me an awesome bundle. Checked it out and it was the Popcap bundle, with the gift message, "trolled."

Joke's on him, I fucking love Bejeweled.

117. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:28 nin

Damn! I just realized the Deus Ex:HR DLC is on sale and I don't have it! FUCK!

Ummm...missing link was like $3.74 earlier...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

116. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:18 Panickd

eunichron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 21:23:

I can't even begin to imagine how much their yearly profits are due to the summer sale alone. Yeah, they're selling cheap, but the sheer magnitude of how much they're selling easily dwarfs any other week.

Given the number of "special" sales they do each year I am surprised they make any money at all during their normal retail sessions. I can count on one hand the number of games I have bought at original retail prices. So much so that I wonder why people still do it. Even Max Payne 3 is on sale. It came out last month for crying out loud!

The "problem" is that once you've been through a few of the Steam sales, you have most of the stuff they're offering already. I have over 200 games on Steam and most were bought during Sales. The only bundle it would make sense for me to get anymore is Popcap's, and I just might do that this year!

Damn! I just realized the Deus Ex:HR DLC is on sale and I don't have it! FUCK!

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2012, 23:24.

115. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 23:09 nin

Great thread there, thanks!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

114. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 22:59 Esoteric

113. Re: Grimrock or Warlock? Jul 12, 2012, 22:57 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:51:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:48:
Some nice deals so far. Others, not so much. Rockstar's bundle is pretty half-assed, with only four games. Also, Amazon has already had many of these games on sale recently for less. Here's hoping tomorrow's sales are better.

Hmm, the timers on today's "Daily" deals still have 26 hours to go, so it doesn't look like we'll see any new ones tomorrow, other than the flash deals.

I'm guessing they'll add a bunch of new deals on top of the current ones.

112. Re: Grimrock or Warlock? Jul 12, 2012, 22:51 jdreyer

Jerykk wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 22:48:
Some nice deals so far. Others, not so much. Rockstar's bundle is pretty half-assed, with only four games. Also, Amazon has already had many of these games on sale recently for less. Here's hoping tomorrow's sales are better.

Hmm, the timers on today's "Daily" deals still have 26 hours to go, so it doesn't look like we'll see any new ones tomorrow, other than the flash deals.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

111. Re: Grimrock or Warlock? Jul 12, 2012, 22:48 Jerykk

110. Grimrock or Warlock? Jul 12, 2012, 22:26 jdreyer

To Grimrock or to Warlock, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of Grimrock's outrageous warriors
Or to take up arms against a sea of Warlock's armies.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo