Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

69. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:11 reisub

eunichron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:49:
How about Mafia II for the flash sale? I loved Mafia 1, but largely ignored Mafia II, but for $7, is it worth it?
Well I enjoyed it a lot. It was basically more of the same. Linear like it's predecessor, which put some off. Also you couldn't exactly describe the main characters as easily likeable, since they're not very nice people. It's about the Mafia though, so it was fitting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 17:06 nin

eunichron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:49:
How about Mafia II for the flash sale? I loved Mafia 1, but largely ignored Mafia II, but for $7, is it worth it?

I liked it. Just keep in mind it's not open like GTA, but more mission based. Ran great on the PC...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

67. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:53 Dev

sauron wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:49:
Anyone think Skyrim will go below $39.99? Been looking forward to it for ages but not at $59.99. It's already 33% off.
I find it likely, its been on 33% off sales before on steam. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to wait until the last day of steam sales on the 22nd to see if it does, and if not, get it at the 33% if you want it.

66. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:49 sauron

Anyone think Skyrim will go below $39.99? Been looking forward to it for ages but not at $59.99. It's already 33% off.  

Kittens!

65. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:49 eunichron

64. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:44 PHJF

Ehhhh Endless Space is like the only recent game I'm interested in that I don't already have, and I find it hard to believe they'd mark it down significantly when it was just released.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

63. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah the darthmod stuff works great. There's also Radious if you don't like Darth's stuff. Both are excellent, and I recommend trying both mod systems to see which you like.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

62. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:34 Prez

Shogun 2 was a maybe until I drilled down and realized how much stuff you don't get for that $7.50 including the most recent expansion.

If you are a fan of the Total War style or the Feudal Japan time period, I can virtually guarantee that will be the best $7.50 you have ever spent on a game. The DLC is largely filler stuff - for $7.50 you are getting a complete, engrossing, and gorgeous strategy game that you can and will play for dozens of hours.

Then there's the Shogun 2 Darthmod, which improves virtually every weakness the original game had, most notably the AI.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

61. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:18 Tumbler

Hunh...I guess I'll check back tommorrow... Nothing looks like that great a deal to me. (that I don't already own) Shogun 2 was a maybe until I drilled down and realized how much stuff you don't get for that $7.50 including the most recent expansion.

I hope they're going to sell Blackshark 2 and the p51 thing from DCS on steam. Seems like they're way behind getting that stuff up and just selling everything directly from their website.

DCS Blackshark is $5 btw, anyone who's wanted that will probably like that price. A-10 is on sale as well, $16.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

60. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:16 Prez

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

XID: 558939067

I should be on some short list of priviledged users that never has to see this message. I mean, Steam gets more of my money than my mortgage company.

Oh, and I voted for Saints Row 3. Batman AC is great but it gets discounted far more frequently.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

59. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:12 McSterls

Slashman wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:09:
I'm going to buy the Avernum Bundle and Grimrock.

I'll also pick up Endless Space if it hits 50% off.

Just tried Endless Space last week, try the demo first. I wish I hadn't picked it up - it's decent enough but doesn't draw you in like SoSe

58. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:11 nin

Slashman wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 16:09:

Saint's Row the Third better win that 75% discount vote! Or there will be violent physical assaults on everyone in my Steam friends list.

If I could vote, I would have gone for witcher, but I don't have my steam password on me here at work...

edit: Ah, I can vote from my iphone, where I have my password stored - woot!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

57. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:09 Slashman

Saint's Row the Third better win that 75% discount vote! Or there will be violent physical assaults on everyone in my Steam friends list.

56. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:08 Dev

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:43:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:26:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

Hmm... I've been playing it for about 30 minutes and while it is good, it certainly is simple. Very much like The Bard's Tale, which is great.

But to say it's worth $15.... that's debatable. At the current sale price it's definitely worth it, though.
Don't worry, it won't stay simple

55. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:08 Cram

GayBlade wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:59:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

I honestly did not know about this game until the sale.

Neither did I. It appears the sale is giving the game a lot of positive exposure.

54. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:00 DangerDog

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:43:

Hmm... I've been playing it for about 30 minutes and while it is good, it certainly is simple. Very much like The Bard's Tale, which is great.

But to say it's worth $15.... that's debatable. At the current sale price it's definitely worth it, though.

It was more a vote of affirmation over how they were handling the release of the game, for $15 you actually got two versions of the game. One completely free of any DRM and a Steam key if you so choose to want it in your Steam library. I'm glad that their generosity didn't get totally taken advantage of.

53. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:59 GayBlade

I honestly did not know about this game until the sale. Just purchased it though...it looks awesome!

Cheers!

52. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:51 eunichron

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:49:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:33:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:13:
Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:09:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:06:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:59:
Ooh meta Steam badges to earn... Looks like I already have three. What do I win

Some meta Steam badges.

What badges? I don't see any?

Need to go to your profile page, look at the right side.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

....oh cool I have 3 badges.

1 more than me!
I had no clue they existed. No real desire to collect more.

Yeah, I only have 2 also... 7 years of service and Holiday 2011 sale. Unless there's a reason to acquire them, I'm giving about 0 fucks about them.

51. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:49 Beamer

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:33:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:13:
Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:09:
ASeven wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:06:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:59:
Ooh meta Steam badges to earn... Looks like I already have three. What do I win

Some meta Steam badges.

What badges? I don't see any?

Need to go to your profile page, look at the right side.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

....oh cool I have 3 badges.

1 more than me!
I had no clue they existed. No real desire to collect more.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

50. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 15:43 Fibrocyte

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo