Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Begins

The eagerly anticipated Steam Summer Sale is now underway, and will run through July 22nd, with new deals to be added every day. The website seems to be struggling at this moment to meet demand, so a little refreshing may be required. Word is: "The annual Steam Summer Sale is on now. Gamers will find amazing deals on thousands of games. The Summer Sale will again feature more than straight discounts, offering Daily Deals, Flash Sales, and 'Customer Choice' Sales, the latter allowing gamers to vote for a title on a given list to be put on sale for a limited time." They list a; the Summer Sale 2012 Publisher Packs, there is a list of top sellers on sale down at the bottom of the page, along with a selection of flash sales that only last a few hours each, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 75% off for the next five hours. Here are today's specials:

View
169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

169. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 17, 2012, 17:26 RollinThundr

This sale needs to end now.. I've bought Metro 2033, the Company of Heroes package, the Alan Wake bundle, Borderlands GOTY. My wallet is weeping.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

168. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 15, 2012, 07:22 theyarecomingforyou

Dev wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 07:12:
Same, was it because of the silver pack of all the valve games? As I recall, thats why I did mine, so I didn't get dupe games, and maybe sell the games at some point.
Why I bought HL2 I created a new account, as I wasn't sure how Steam worked back then. I didn't realise it was separate to my original account with Half-Life on it. It doesn't really matter but I'd have preferred to keep my older account.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

167. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 15, 2012, 07:12 Dev

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:03:
I've already completed the Pillar of Community award, have 7 years of service (I had an older Steam account but bought games on a newer account and ended up sticking with it) and just need to keep up with the voting to max out the Steam Summer Sale 2012 badge.
Same, was it because of the silver pack of all the valve games? As I recall, thats why I did mine, so I didn't get dupe games, and maybe sell the games at some point.

Looking back I shouldn't have done it. I'd rather have had an 8 year badge, and a lower digit steam ID number

166. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 14, 2012, 18:03 theyarecomingforyou

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 21:07:
It wasn't horrid, but Steam was clearly under pressure, my download rate varying from 2 Mbps to 0. Stayed at 0 for as long as 20 seconds a couple of times (and I know my Internet wasn't dead because I was web browsing on the other monitor).
I got 3.4MB/s downloading Max Payne 3 and it was consistent, so no complaints here. The store has been inaccessible a few times but it's been much more reliable than previous sales. Overall I think Valve has done a pretty decent job.

I've already completed the Pillar of Community award, have 7 years of service (I had an older Steam account but bought games on a newer account and ended up sticking with it) and just need to keep up with the voting to max out the Steam Summer Sale 2012 badge.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

165. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 14, 2012, 13:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Skyrim is onsale for 50% off today ya slackers.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

164. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, I'm already about $50 dollars into this... where is the 75%+ off Skyrim, Batman AC, etc.

ps. I bought Warlock: Master of the Arcane when it was 5 bucks... easily the best 5 dollars I have spent. However the DLC appears to not be functional? I'll try to figure it out once my eyes recover from the 9 hour marathon Warlock game I played yesterday.

163. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 14, 2012, 08:28 Ant

I am waiting for games to go free like Portal 2 like they did for Portal 1. Oh and where can I buy/get free time?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

162. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 21:07 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:59:
No issues buying or downloading. Played a few of the games I bought already.
It wasn't horrid, but Steam was clearly under pressure, my download rate varying from 2 Mbps to 0. Stayed at 0 for as long as 20 seconds a couple of times (and I know my Internet wasn't dead because I was web browsing on the other monitor).

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

161. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 19:55 Alamar

Prez wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 11:15:
Alamar wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 11:05:
Steam fucking POS Bullshit...

The one and only game I went into this sale wanting... And steam gives me errors while trying to buy it (not the first time)...

-Alamar

Which one? I'll buy it for you and you can paypal me the money (or gift an equivalent game when Steam is working again for you).

Thanks for the offer, but it had already expired when I posted... Otherwise I wouldn't have cared as much, since I would have had other ways to do it (like what you suggested).

-Alamar

160. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:59 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:32:
Wow -- didn't have any problems buying a game, but getting downloaded is a struggle...

No issues buying or downloading. Played a few of the games I bought already.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

159. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:32 Mr. Tact

Wow -- didn't have any problems buying a game, but getting downloaded is a struggle...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

158. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:25 sauron

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:21:
sauron wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:19:
I just noticed they have GTA IV for $9.99, and L.A. Noire for the same price.

Add in Skyrim for $39.99, and this could get kind of expensive. But OMG those all look good.
I think those are all sales that end on july 22nd. You should wait until then to buy, because they are likely to go on sale for lower in the next 10 days.

Yep, good advice and I'm going to take it. Thanks!

But damn those are good deals.

Kittens!

157. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:21 Dev

sauron wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:19:

Add in Skyrim for $39.99, and this could get kind of expensive. But OMG those all look good.
I think those are all sales that end on july 22nd. You should wait until then to buy, because they are likely to go on sale for lower in the next 10 days.

156. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:20 nin

Crustacean Soup wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 17:16:
I'd buy Anno 2070 right now if it weren't for the machine-limit DRM. With it, maybe a $15 purchase at most.

I refuse to buy it with the 3 machine limit. Which is a shame, since it looks neat.

I'll just give my money to other more deserving games...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

155. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:19 sauron

Kittens!

154. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 17:16 Crustacean Soup

I'd buy Anno 2070 right now if it weren't for the machine-limit DRM. With it, maybe a $15 purchase at most.  

153. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 16:24 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 15:02:
If anyone likes worms reloaded, its $2 to get the GotY upgrade DLC pack right now (includes all DLC from the game) its a flash sale only for 6 more hours.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13771/

And I picked up the tribes ascend for $5 (daily)

Almost bought it - but I had it already.....not the pack itself, but had bought all of the DLC when it was super cheap....not the first time I would have bought something I already have!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

152. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 15:02 Dev

If anyone likes worms reloaded, its $2 to get the GotY upgrade DLC pack right now (includes all DLC from the game) its a flash sale only for 6 more hours.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13771/

And I picked up the tribes ascend for $5 (daily)

151. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 14:26 Dev

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 08:30:
Hmm... I missed that one because I had to sleep. I'd even voted for it to go on sale. I'd much prefer it if each sale lasted 12hrs but there were several overlapping, so it was constantly changing. As it is people are going to miss sales and get annoyed (that's why Valve added the countdown timers in the first place).
voted ones are 8 hour sales, 3 per day

150. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 13, 2012, 14:25 nin

.the timers had another day left on them for daily deals....but they just refreshed......
/edit: nm, I forget that they have them overlap....

Yeah, the daily deals now overlap, but Thursdays deals now end tonight, instead of Sat night.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

169 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo