Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access

ManiaPlanet Official News reveals that ShootMania: Storm is now available for pre-purchase, and that buying the shooter from TrackMania developer Nadeo in advance will grant immediate access to the game's beta test. This will come at a 20% discount over the game's full price, and there are even more savings to be had if you buy in bulk, as three and five player packs are offered. Thanks Frans.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 13, 2012, 10:08  Frans 

Fantaz wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 13:29:
It was easy to get beta access, you didn't need to pre-order. Just needed to sign your e-mail up and you got a code which is good for a week.
Yeah, but past tense is indeed appropriate, as that beta sign-up ended after July 2.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2012, 11:20.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 12, 2012, 18:29 Axis

Axis wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 11:38:
Jackplug wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 11:32:
Iits just a boring repetitive shooter, I thought it be a free 2 play game.

Looks to play exactly like a quake or UT game, but with the ability for major user-made maps. Pure solo skills - everyone has same weapons, only distinction is your own skills.

They need to nail the network code - that matters more than anything for these kind of games. But these guys have done all the trackmania games so I'm expecting it to be solid.

Sounds perfect for anyone who cut their teeth on classic shooters.

Having just played it, I can safely say stay away for now.

Interface is horrid, network/server code needs work, lots of stuff screams amateur.

Way too much junk and cutesy crap going on, they need to get busy if they actually think oldschoolers will want to play it.

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 12, 2012, 13:29 Fantaz

It was easy to get beta access, you didn't need to pre-order. Just needed to sign your e-mail up and you got a code which is good for a week.  

3. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 12, 2012, 11:38 Axis

Jackplug wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 11:32:

Looks to play exactly like a quake or UT game, but with the ability for major user-made maps. Pure solo skills - everyone has same weapons, only distinction is your own skills.

They need to nail the network code - that matters more than anything for these kind of games. But these guys have done all the trackmania games so I'm expecting it to be solid.

Sounds perfect for anyone who cut their teeth on classic shooters.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2012, 12:26.

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 12, 2012, 11:32 Jackplug

1. Re: ShootMania Pre-Purchases Include Beta Access Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 Axis

At least this is the type of game oldschoolers might be interested in. While the 'team demo' was cheesy as hell, the game mechanics are akin to quake matches with a hint of UT

Funny all these 'supposedly oldschool' people here totally miss what is an obvious throwback to the pure fps days...

Yours truly,

Axis

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo