Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amazon's Game Connect

Amazon announces Game Connect, a new program that enables the implementation of in-game purchases through a users Amazon account. In conjunction with this, they are now offering a selection of Free-to-Play Games and outline a number of Free-to-Play Exclusives available through Amazon. Word is:

With Game Connect, customer’s game account can be linked to their Amazon account allowing any subscriptions and virtual goods purchased to be sent directly into the game without copy and pasting a code – simplifying the purchase process for customers while creating a fast and easy way for developers to offer and sell more virtual content. Customers also have the option to use Amazon gift certificates and promotional credits to purchase virtual goods, providing even more value.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 13, 2012, 23:08 Turglar

Dev wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:13:
"exclusives" eh? I'm pretty sure I've seen most of those F2P games before.

I wonder if any of them are worth playing?

Jeryk posted a list in another thread of F2P games he thought were good or looked promising:
Tribes: Ascend, Blacklight: Retribution, LoL, HoN, DotA2, Planetside 2, Firefall, End of Nations, Hawken, Mechwarrior Online, Warface, Warframe

I don't see any of those on amazon though.

Anyone have any decent ones to add that are on amazon?

2/3 of those games aren't even released and you're mad they're not on amazon yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 13, 2012, 02:18 Jerykk

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:22:

Super MNC is a great, if challenging, 3rd-person MOBA-style shooter that could only be considered Pay-2-Win if people think the other characters are unbalanced (which, in my opinion, they aren't), beyond that, there's World of Tanks and then mostly the grindy F2P-MMOs where most things aren't cosmetic to buy....

I tried SMNC and didn't really care for it. The combat isn't satisfying at all. Movement is really slow, hits lack feedback and the whole experience is just unsatisfying.

4. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 14:23 hb3d

The exclusives are starter packs or items available in the game only through Amazon like an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle in Super MNC not the game itself.

3. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 14:22 DarkCntry

Super MNC is a great, if challenging, 3rd-person MOBA-style shooter that could only be considered Pay-2-Win if people think the other characters are unbalanced (which, in my opinion, they aren't), beyond that, there's World of Tanks and then mostly the grindy F2P-MMOs where most things aren't cosmetic to buy....

2. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 14:13 Dev

I wonder if any of them are worth playing?

Jeryk posted a list in another thread of F2P games he thought were good or looked promising:
Tribes: Ascend, Blacklight: Retribution, LoL, HoN, DotA2, Planetside 2, Firefall, End of Nations, Hawken, Mechwarrior Online, Warface, Warframe

I don't see any of those on amazon though.

1. Re: Amazon's Game Connect Jul 12, 2012, 12:58 Verno

Sounds fine, just an API to let companies allow people to buy stuff using their Amazon account. As long as they retain other payment options I don't really see an issue.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo